Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Stunt bike

6K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Wngo29 
#1 ·
Looking to build a stunt bike, any suggestions as to which bike to purchase for this? Also any tips as to what I need to get started? Sprocket kits, stunt cages, or any mods i will need to start the build. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
The RR's don't really get used for stunting much. More so the F4I's I believe.

I don't really know too much about stunting, but the basics would be:

Full Cage / Subcage
Sprockets

#4 ·
Yeah, if I was going to setup a stunt rig, it would probably be a 636 more likely than anything else.

#5 ·
The f4i has the stronger frame and built like a tank, the 636 has obviously more displacement. Both have lower balance points than the new bikes (motors started getting rotated forward and shifted down). The issue that you will probably run into, unless money is of no concern, is that most people who own these bikes jack the prices up. Used parts in decent condition are also harder to come by. There is an abundance of aftermarket parts for these bikes though. If you can find one that is already setup with mainly cosmetic flaws then maybe go that route. You're going to drop it, might as well not waste money on new shiny stuff. Just my 2 cents. Oh, and gear. Invest in gear.

#7 ·
Yeh definitely going to get one that is beat up already if i cant find a good one for cheap. I heard the ninjas have idle control? Better to wheelie on? Idk...and yes I already ride full gear minus the pants (getting a full suit soon). I see some people wearing these shin and knee gaurds while stunting, will probably get that for myself. Tought call though, like the fact that f4i is durable...and since im probably gunna be dropping it a lot...seems more favorable

#9 ·
636's are awesome bikes and easy to modify. Not sure what you mean by idle control. You will have your regular idle adjustment down low, but they also have a "fast idle" on the left clip on controls. It's not a choke like a carb'd motor would have, it simply increases the rpm's for when your starting it in say a cold day. Newer bikes have a wax assembly that accomplish the same thing "automatically".

#10 ·
Forgot to mention, if it is a dedicated lot bike then take off all the oem parts you won't need (plastics, headlights,etc) and sell them to help finance your project. Do your research and get a good crash cage. Invest in a subframe cage as well. Shark fin on the swingarm is another good one to have. Check out the stuntride and stuntlife forums and see what those guys are using for their setups, lots of useful information on those sites.

#13 ·
Awesome, great info and definitely will check out those forums. I have a honda already so the 636 is quite appealing to me in the way that I'll have two different kinds of bikes. I do see a lot of stunters rockin the kawi. Just gotta find the right deal im in no rush. Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.