Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Insurance in Ontario?? help

6K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  dixon cider 
#1 ·
Wow,Am I ever having a hard time even finding a company that will insure my bike.I see guys half my age out there riding so some company must do it.Any advice for a 48 year old guy that has had his license since 2000?

#3 ·
#10 ·
what level license do you have? m1, m2 or full m

#11 ·
Since State Farm Canada was bought out by Desjardin the bike rates have skyrocketed by 300% (at least for me and many others). I took my business to Allstate instead and now paying $60 less per month than what I used to pay at SF. I do have my truck insured with them as they will not write motorcycle policies alone.

$650 is an amazing deal though. I assume it's a multiline discount?

#12 ·
I may have to check that out tonight. I try to bundle my home, car and motorcycle. Will let you guys know what they say.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

#19 ·
That makes sense. I have full coverage. Hopefully means I can look forward to significantly reduced rate once I get my 10 years in. Assuming rates don't skyrocket in general by then due to all the moron riders out there. It has been a really bad year for motorcycle publicity in Ontario.

#20 ·
What I cant figure out is how the young guys(compared to me at 49) can insure a 1000cc sportbike with the full coverage required by the insurance company when the purchase of the bike is financed with monthly payments.That coverage must be HUGE! $$$$$$$

#21 ·
Probably rich kids. I personally know at least one person who pays around $3K annually for a GSXR-600 (he's not rich) and heard of others paying much more than that. Also, while SF used to mainly look at engine displacement, many other companies don't really consider cc as a primary factor but rather the class of bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.