Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

So-Cal Gen Chit Chat Thread

69K views 905 replies 78 participants last post by  ItsRichieRich 
#1 ·
#880 ·
It is straight. The back most passenger peg mounting holes I sort of stretched out by accident so I don't think passenger pegs can be mounted again (maybe, but I never forced the bolt). And the seat mount bosses I ever so slightly started to cross-thread, but didn't go further than about 1mm. This means you just need to be careful that you are straight up and down when threading the seat mount bolts.

#891 ·
I've replaced my battery twice. Once with an eBay gel battery that went bad about a year later after sitting for long periods of time with no starts, and never being on the tender. It was something like $30-45.

I then bought a battery from a local dealership for $50ish dollars. It was between $50 and 60 but I sold the bike a month or two later. My other bike is a track bike and it has a super tiny battery in it that's covered by a piece of foam and it's only been started every time I go to the track, which now hasn't been for a couple of months. Starts up every time lol.

#893 ·
Hate to wake up an old thread like this but since it sounds like we're buying and selling stuff here rather than in the classifieds section I figure I'll ask. I'm searching for the plastic muffler cover for an 05-06. You know the silver plastic piece that half of us lost or tossed that is supposed to hug exhaust can.

I'd like to put one back on if anyone has one laying around:grin2:

#895 ·
Hit and run? Hopefully you got his info/plate and filled a report...hate fvcktards like that.

Anyways, I have a good guy, he's actually prepping my TA for paint in about a month.....but he is all the way here in the San Fernando Valley so not sure that will work for you :ponder:

#897 ·
Someone (probably the neighbor) back into the driver's door of my car and didn't leave a note (or didn't even know it happened.) God damn LA is hard on my car...

Anyway my 6 month contract is up and I'm looking for work again. If you are at a place and know of openings in IT, please let me know. Thanks.

#901 ·
Figured I'd post this here first:

For free: my stock headers, cut off just after the EVGC valve. For a short time I had the MJS midpipe fitted, so these headers already have that work done, so you can just mount the cat replacement pipe without having to cut through the headers yourself. Free pickup for you if you want it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.