Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

MOTYDESIGN Light weight Battery

31K views 127 replies 49 participants last post by  Moeman 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start by saying Brian (BrowningBuck ) is really great to deal with his customer service is top notch :banger:, his products regardless of being the MotyDesign lightweight battery or the MotyDesign Cluster led upgrade / Gear indicator are Brillaint & top notch :shakehand , shipping with US postal service is fast you will get your oder within 4 to 5 days of your order tracking numbers will be provided as well just ask :cruising: he will gladly provide such info :thumbup:

I recently received my MotyDesign Lightweight battery and boy OH boy was i impressed talking about lightweight , size , asm , design , how easy it is to install. The package came complete with evreything needed even the heat shrink wrap was there and a huge portion of it too not just a piece to barely secure the ends of the wirings connections like other companies out there that give you so limited supply of what is needed to do the job right :spank: even though you pay top dollar for their product :cursin: this simply tells us all that he really cares and is dedicated to offer top notch product & being an RR addict like most of us who loves his bikes and uses nothing but the best parts customer service and a brilliant working product is what he strives for

Brian thank you so much look forward to another review when i get my cluster today or tomorrow i can not wait :rocker:

Here is a picture of the battery installed on Miss O'Seven yes folks i did shrink the heat shrink
after i took the picture

See less See more
#68 ·
Hey BB. When will the new design be available for purchase? I am badly in need of a new battery, and from all these praising posts, I feel quite comfortable making a home for your battery in my bike.

#69 ·
OHHHH, GB is maybe two days away! and it has a little surpise for the 10 battery buyers that commit.

#70 ·
Ooo surprise eh? Is it an autographed copy of a dvd with you singing "you light up my life" while showing pictures of you changing someone's gauge cluster lights?

Heh, well you can put me down for a battery.

#71 ·
ill post up once i finish assembling the 10 units. these 10 units will not be available on the website.

#76 ·
the GB hasnt been posted and i am not reserving spots. i will post up in the GB tonioght after i finish the units and get vid pulled togeter. so i think that this pretty mush should end the thread jack we have right now and ill ask moeman to get me a GB up.

#79 ·
OMG, I don't need a new battery yet but I'll buy so that I've got this ready for when my current one carks it! So how many cell is this one with the built in voltage indicator?

#80 ·
#81 ·
damn, why i always gotta be an early adopter?

#82 ·
After trying to use different battery straps, I found one that works:

Now to shove extra stuff in the new free space. Maybe now I can fit a sandwich under my seat.

#85 · (Edited)
well the thing is that not ALL bikes like the 120CCA. if your bike is okay with 120CCA then the 4 cell is PERFECT. but there is NO way to test if the bike will like the 120 or not, and being stock is speced at 150CC i have been pushing the 8 cell because it is still 5 lbs lighter than stock still save 50% room but gives you 90 CCA more on start up, so that means you get a STRONGER start and i dont have to worry about pissed off customers when they find that their bikes dont like the 120 and they need 150 or more to start the bike.but i am VERY happy that your product is still kicking and your please with your purchase. i hope that once we have the new product available you consider us again.

#86 ·
Hey trackscoot;

What did you do to modify your tray? Did you get that yamaha strap?

#87 · (Edited)
I changed the routing of the little fuse box so it will sit right next to the battery in the main tray. The wires all come into the main section from the side hole, and the front of the tray cut a bit & opened up to allow easier removal/installation of the whole tray.
The rest of the spaces (incl. the little rear part) stuffed with pieces of styrofoam. Then you can still use the stock rubber strap.

I had considered making a custom tray, but couldn't find a suitable smaller plastic box right away.

#88 ·
Sounds good. With the extra room now in the tray, that sounds like a good idea. I Was just curious what you had done. Battery just came in the mail so getting ready to throw it in..

#89 ·
Sorry Guys.. I am reviving this thread because I wanted some information about MOTYDESIGN batteries as I am in the market for one...

is your battery the same as this...

http://www.cyclesector.com/BALLISTIC_BATTERY_8_CELL_p/ballistic-battery-8cell.htm

this is also lithium... and light weight as MOTY Design... are these the new batteries everyone is talking about ?

can anyone who are still using the MOTY batteries... how is it holding up ? its been a year already.. I have not heard any complaints... yet :), only read how everyone loves the MOTY battery...

let me know some inputs..

Thanks.

#93 ·
hahaha i just ended up replacing a shorai battery. a dealership in new mexico found that the shorai wasnt able to crank a ducati, i explained that they use a prismatic cell that has a lower CCA than ours and that we would take care of it. needless to say i now have a new shop dealing our battery ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.