post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Glad it worked out, because I want to shop there again :p

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 AM
OG

Location: San Antone, Texas ... I wonder how many letters you can type before it won't allow you to ty
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I ate it when Chicken McNuggets.

Turn her out until she turns on me. I'll never be the one to weigh the cost of these dreams.
post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Glad things worked out....and really like to see a vendor step up to make things right within our community. Speaks wonders.

+1 for motomummy!

'07 CBR600RR Track-Only Demon!
Nesba/N2/PRE/TPM/Roger Lyle "A" Group // CCS #306

'08 GSXR 600 Blue ~ Current Bike
'07 Yamaha R6 Blue ~ SOLD
'08 CBR600RR Silver ~ SOLD
'06 Yamaha R6 Black ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 TrackOnly ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 White ~ SOLD
'08 Yamaha R6 ~ SOLD
'07 GSXR 750 ~ SOLD
'12 Aprilia RSV4 Factory ~ Crashed/SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Black ~ SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Phoenix TrackOnly ~SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Red/Black ~SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Blue/Silver ~SOLD
The Following User Says Thank You to crashkhanman For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (11-01-2016)

post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 09:06 PM
BOTM Winner 12/16

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I might have to unfortunately get this thread active again. I am waiting for motomummy to fix a BIG mistake. I'm going to wait this out a bit before I post tho...
The Following User Says Thank You to danopolo For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (11-01-2016)
post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 11:22 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Revzilla gets my business from now on. Easy to find parts specific to your bike. Awesome shipping. Lots of reviews on each product to help you make your choice.
post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 11:36 PM
Ldn
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttynu View Post
so all in all, to Motomummy, i think your website designer should get the live inventory count, you know like most other sites, where when you select a product. and if its out of stock, it tells you (out of stock,email me when available) before the customer actually pays.
quite simple i think..
I've had similar experiences with Motomummy and until I owned my own shop I didn't understand it.

There are 2 main distributers and countless smaller manufactures that do their own distribution. The two main distributers are WPS and PartsUnlimited. Both have massive inventories, 5-10 warehouses, and websites with little-to-no integration capabilities. Between WPS and PU they sell about 98% of all the parts on the market. The remaining 2% come from about 40 different vendors, like CoreMoto. You have to employ an API programmer and a Database administrator, and a web developer (about $150k/year on the low end, just for salary) in order to get real-time updates for WPS, and last I knew PartsUnlimited didn't have a way to do real-time updates. Their databases are severely outdated, to say the least.

Now, both offer ways to import the database, but because of the amount of work it takes to make it happen, its only really feasible to do once or twice a week, depending on how large the company is.

Selling aftermarket motorcycle parts online is a complete mess. For future success, you're best off calling and speaking to a sales rep before placing a part.

OEM Parts don't have this problem, unless the shop you're buying from isn't a certified service center. Or, when you shop online, pay attention to the difference between "In Stock", "Available" and "Out of Stock"/"Backordered"

In Stock - Usually indicates something that is on a shelf at the resellers location.
Available - Usually indicates something that was in stock at the distributers location.

The difference is not big, since most of the time a reseller will just have the distributer ship directly to the customer, but makes a difference when something gets sold-out before the next update.

"I don't want to burden you with my problems... but I think I've outgrown my yacht."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ldn For This Useful Post:
danopolo (11-02-2016), dixon cider (11-02-2016), Miweber929 (11-02-2016)
post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 12:03 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danopolo View Post
I might have to unfortunately get this thread active again. I am waiting for motomummy to fix a BIG mistake. I'm going to wait this out a bit before I post tho...
If it's a legit mistake on their part, Motomummy will take care if it, I have zero doubt. They are a great company with MANY very satisfied customers and there is a reason they stay in business in this cut throat market.

Ordered many things from them, they have ALWAYS taken great care of me, my friends and my family. I'm interested to hear what happened to constitute a "BIG" mistake.

- '14 Honda CBR650F
- '14 Triumph Thruxton
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '04 Yamaha WR450F
- Past rides: too many to list

Last edited by Miweber929; 11-02-2016 at 07:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miweber929 For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (11-02-2016)
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 12:10 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thanks Ldn, you put into words what I long suspected/kind of knew. Several times I've had an order take a bit longer because of this, so I just expect it. If I want an order on a timeline, I would always call or email first.

Probably the same thing with any 'niche' product.
post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 12:18 AM
BOTM Winner 12/16

I emailed before I made the order.

Corey bragged about their "rock bottom" prices

I made the order.

They are still holding my money. and I really would like my parts...

I have said, please figure out how to honor your prices and send me the items I ordered. If you want to refund me on top of that? cool.

They don't have the product???

I'm throwing a chemobrain fit to them... and I have every right to. Why are they posting on their website parts are available for my bike. Why are you taking my money and holding it for a week. Corey @ Motomummy. Fix your mistake. I'm starting my reviews here and moving forward.

Waiting for my refund and parts.
post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 05:08 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,393 Times in 1,665 Posts
MM is maybe two stop lights from my house. I shop there all the time. LOVE them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX

Screw MV Agusta, Back on Ducati...wo0t for Panigale.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
danopolo (11-02-2016), dixon cider (11-02-2016)
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 07:14 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
I emailed before I made the order.

Corey bragged about their "rock bottom" prices

I made the order.

They are still holding my money. and I really would like my parts...

I have said, please figure out how to honor your prices and send me the items I ordered. If you want to refund me on top of that? cool.

They don't have the product???

I'm throwing a chemobrain fit to them... and I have every right to. Why are they posting on their website parts are available for my bike. Why are you taking my money and holding it for a week. Corey @ Motomummy. Fix your mistake. I'm starting my reviews here and moving forward.

Waiting for my refund and parts.
What are we missing? You ordered parts, they charged you and you are now waiting for them to arrive as they don't physically stock every single part they sell in their shop. See @Ldn explaination above.

Why would they owe you parts AND a refund? Doesn't make sense.

So when I ordered a chain and sprocket kit from them a few months ago for my dads 06 FZ1 we waited until they got them shipped in to them and then waited until it got shipped to us. And they honored their rock bottom online price to the penny and had a hold of the cost what I ordered on my CC the whole time, around a week and a half to two weeks if I remember right. All standard operating procedure from every vender I've dealt with online.

Again, what's missing?

- '14 Honda CBR650F
- '14 Triumph Thruxton
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '04 Yamaha WR450F
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miweber929 For This Useful Post:
post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 10:23 AM
BOTM Winner 12/16

ok, I'm wrong in wanting parts and a refund. This is my ego/chemo talking saying MOTOMUMMY fix your mistake. you messed up.

heres's my point: I reached out to them BEFORE making the order, they said the parts are available and of course bragged about their store (not knowing the parts we were talking about are hiding or missing?) They are still holding my money and are like yea we don't have the parts that we advertised as available.

I said: honor your price, I know the parts I ordered exist, If you need to figure out WHERE they are, ok GO TEAM. I am still waiting on a refund, and explanation.
The Following User Says Thank You to danopolo For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (11-02-2016)
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 11:30 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
ok, I'm wrong in wanting parts and a refund. This is my ego/chemo talking saying MOTOMUMMY fix your mistake. you messed up.

heres's my point: I reached out to them BEFORE making the order, they said the parts are available and of course bragged about their store (not knowing the parts we were talking about are hiding or missing?) They are still holding my money and are like yea we don't have the parts that we advertised as available.

I said: honor your price, I know the parts I ordered exist, If you need to figure out WHERE they are, ok GO TEAM. I am still waiting on a refund, and explanation.
OK, that makes some sense.

Give them a few days. My guess is the vender doesn't have what they thought they did and MM is trying to get it from somewhere else for you. If you don't have a resolution but the end of the week, you have a VERY legit bitch.

- '14 Honda CBR650F
- '14 Triumph Thruxton
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '04 Yamaha WR450F
The Following User Says Thank You to Miweber929 For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (11-02-2016)
post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 03:32 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

You left a ton out of your post. #1 you ordered something and we told you immediately that the manufacturer stopped making it years ago and it was a closeout and we are out of them. We asked if you wanted to take it off the order or cancel the entire order. We got back from you

"I would like you to contact puig or get on ebay or amazon and make the order happen you have my money and address, this can be your homework item as a company, please fix your mistake here. If you want to refund me the money in addition to sending me the parts I ordered, this is ok. I know you don't make many of the parts you sell. Please do not screw me over and cancel the order, if so I'll be contacting the better business bureau. I am a strong willed young cancer fighter that will not be abused by a company like you. again, I am going to say go team because I am supporting you, and now I would like to see the same in return. If you need to get your management please do."

We explained we cannot get this part again to you. We got back

"You owe me an apology and I'd appreciate some free stuff for your **** up. If not, I have the power of the pen. Get your act together. Get management involved or else I promise you, bad reviews and BBB dispute.

Please and Thanks.
Also. Don't respond unless you're going to fix it. I've made my decision on course of action."

we canceled your order and we NEVER BILLED YOU. This is a fact. You're billed when we ship it. We didn't hold your money at all, your bank is. You will never get a refund from us and we don't have your money.

Another very polite email from you again fighting for free stuff, as you have in almost every email you sent to us.

"
here's a few words to refresh your memory: "rock bottom prices" ... "the customer is always right"

Your company is still holding my money and I just got off the phone with my bank. this needs to be fixed by the time I wake up.

Don't you dare tell me that I have wronged you or your company. motomummy fucked up. Fix it. I'm starting my reviews. I'm waiting for my refund.

I did not harass you at all until I found out what a JOKE of a company you're working at. I even gave you the opportunity to fix it and send me the stuff I ordered. I'm was not trying to fight you or your company... I encouraged you and said go team. I am a design engineer and I'm fighting for my life. at age 27. buck up and fix this mess. send it up the management chain. I can take my money elsewhere and I'm trying to give you the opportunity to fix it. ball is in your court.

Again, I will say go team."

Then you sent us a link to this post bragging about how you want a refund AND parts and bragging about ruining our company

"ball is in your court. you have crossed the wrong person.

I'm waiting for a refund and parts. I'm submitting BBB case ASAP. I have all the paperwork and documentation to ruin your company. Play nice."

Again, yes, the product shouldn't have been on our website we offered to immediately pull it form the order or cancel the order in whole. You want compensation though and now you want compensation even when the order is canceled. I must say, in all our years in business nobody has ever wanted compensation for "held money" and especially when we didn't even hold your money. You may want to research "captured" funds vs "charged" funds regarding a cc transaction. There is a huge difference.

This is my last post on this topic. I will say you may want to research "libel" if you research transactions because with all your threats if the facts are not 100% it is libel and illegal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to motomummy For This Useful Post:
kdotv23 (11-04-2016), tary preisser (11-03-2016)
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 03:36 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miweber929 View Post
OK, that makes some sense.

Give them a few days. My guess is the vender doesn't have what they thought they did and MM is trying to get it from somewhere else for you. If you don't have a resolution but the end of the week, you have a VERY legit bitch.
There is nothing legit at all about this. The product was closeout and we are out. They stopped making it years ago. It's gone, poof, over. False advertising is trying to get a sale based on incorrect and false information. We are stopping a sale, not trying to make a sale LOL. It's exact opposite. IT was a mistake and we offered to cancel it like any dealer would, but he saw and opportunity to make threats and try and get free stuff. He's the reason insurance costs so much and products and many other things in life. Because some people see a chance to get something for free and bitch, moan, threaten, and do everything they can to get all they can any chance they can.

I'm done with this thread. The above post should explain.
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 03:40 PM
World Superbike Racer

Also at no point did we say they were available. Someone is boldly lying here. You asked about a ton of products, even headers and other parts you didn't even order, and firstly, no dealer goes and checks stock on every product they are emailed about or every company would have to hire lots more people just to run around checking parts for every generic question they got in an email. Here is the question he stated about the parts and my reply. I never stated "they are in stock" and that I went and checked. The hugger should have been, but it wasn't and it was a simple mistake. Not something we are going to "compensate" you for and especially if you're going to threaten us along with asking for compensation. You've been an ******* and smartass throughout this entire process to say the very least. Here was your email and my reply.

Those products are already listed at rock bottom prices. The GB Racing pieces go over your oem cover so then you actually have two layers of protection. If your oem covers are fine I would take this route. However, if you're oem covers are cracked or broken then surely go with the Woodcraft as they do replace the oem covers completely.

Corey
MotoMummy Staff

On 10/9/2016 10:16 PM, Contact Form wrote:
> To: Momtomummy
>
> Message:
> I am looking at the 07 600rr GB racing engine and stator cover pacakage. I trust you guys, and have done business with you before. I want to ask what other brands you would even look at? woodcraft maybe? Also, I am on 600rr.net and wondered if you offer a discount? Also looking at the red puig rear fender for the 07. thank you for being amazing and taking my money lol. My bike will never be done. Currently can't ride since I'm fighting cancer and have chemo brain. but I will beat it and get back on the road, and track next summer! #fuckcancer I love you!

Last edited by motomummy; 11-02-2016 at 03:49 PM.
post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 04:37 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Ban him from the shop! I've brought from motomummy 3-4times now, never had a problem.
Just a little bit annoyed about the shipping costs & ordering times but its fair. Still will shop with motomummy vs locally.

CBR600RR 2009 Black/Grey
520 -1/+3 Chain Conversion & SpeedoDRD
Yoshimura FS RS5
PCV + Autotune
K&N Airfilter & Oil Filter
Pair Block Offs
O2 Eliminator & Servo Eliminator
Manual Cam Chain Tensioner
Spiegler Front & Rear Braided Lines
HM Superlite QS
Tripage FE & Adjustable Tag
Watsen Flush Mounts
LED Flasher Relay
Tyga Carbon Fiber Front & Rear fender, Chain Guard
ZG Double Bubble
Ride Core

post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 05:35 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomummy View Post
There is nothing legit at all about this. The product was closeout and we are out. They stopped making it years ago. It's gone, poof, over. False advertising is trying to get a sale based on incorrect and false information. We are stopping a sale, not trying to make a sale LOL. It's exact opposite. IT was a mistake and we offered to cancel it like any dealer would, but he saw and opportunity to make threats and try and get free stuff. He's the reason insurance costs so much and products and many other things in life. Because some people see a chance to get something for free and bitch, moan, threaten, and do everything they can to get all they can any chance they can.

I'm done with this thread. The above post should explain.
Ahh, thought there might be more to this and am VERY glad you chimed in with the additional info.

As I stated earlier, I personally have bought a ton of stuff form you, my friends and family have as well and I have had nothing but a great experience every single time. I was surprised to read what @danopolo had written and was sure there was more to the story and at the very least you would be trying to make it right if you guys made the mistake.

There was and it seems you did the right thing.

Thanks for sharing, and for being the stand up place you are.

- '14 Honda CBR650F
- '14 Triumph Thruxton
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '04 Yamaha WR450F

Last edited by Miweber929; 11-02-2016 at 05:38 PM.
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,393 Times in 1,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ26 View Post
Still will shop with motomummy vs locally.
It's great having them local. I take my wheels in and walk out 30 minutes later with tires mounted free. I buy gear there too. Great stuff. Oh yeah, riding with some of the guys ain't too bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX

Screw MV Agusta, Back on Ducati...wo0t for Panigale.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 10:16 PM
BOTM Winner 12/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ26 View Post
Ban him from the shop! I've brought from motomummy 3-4times now, never had a problem.
Just a little bit annoyed about the shipping costs & ordering times but its fair. Still will shop with motomummy vs locally.

done.

post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 10:55 PM
World Superbike Racer

Mr. Polovich,

I would truly recommend you research what libel is if you want to continue with this.

His last email to us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to troll the **** out of your company

bring up headers? low blow. **** you. I'm over here fighting cancer trying to build my dream bike? Prep for hell.

2/5 stars. not surprised.

I will not stop until you correct your **** up.

Last edited by motomummy; 11-02-2016 at 11:06 PM.
post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 12:03 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
man... i feel for you motomummy, i've done a decent amount of business with you and all of it has been completely uneventful (ie great!).

don't even waste your time. you're very well regarded on these boards and one freak out post isn't going to hurt you. don't stoop to his level.

seems that the people who get the worst customer service experiences are actually the worst customers.

the freak out on here very conveniently failed to mention the RIDICULOUS emails he sent. hardly surprising.
post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 12:48 AM
Pocketbike Racer

My dad once told me a story about how his uncle use to sell apples at a local market. He'd collect the best apples and put them out for sale. The worst apples he'd leave at home for the family.

Perhaps the danopolo's experience does not reflect the motomummy's business but I just simply don't understand it these days. A business can make their point clear to a customer they believe is misrepresenting them without using similar behavior.

Please note I am not speaking from inexperience. My family business has been under attack from customers as well. One of which even did not pay $1,500 even after the service was completed twice for their satisfaction, took us to court upon receiving a notice that we will be taking them to court, lost in court, had to pay us the remaining fee, stalked us, and then later reported to the city that there's thousands of rats within our home. Never once did we offend them with words, gestures, or even by laughing at them. However, we made our point very clear.

I am only replying to sub-5% of motomummy's words.

To danopolo, brother, don't chase materialistic things that will never make you happy. Come across to New Jersey and come for a ride with me. You should be out riding. Leave the building for later when you're done with all the chemo ****.

Last edited by Polishblood; 11-03-2016 at 01:03 AM.
post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 04:55 AM
Ldn
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sometimes you have to know when to fire a customer.

@danopolo, you need to realize that nobody owes you anything. You mentioned cancer multiple times... that's great that you're fighting it but what are you looking for? free **** and pity? I have cancer patients in my family, and I have friends that have lost their life, and limbs in combat. The world doesn't owe you anything, and neither does Motomummy. You're being unreasonable demanding free ****.

Also, you have no case for the BBB. The most they'll do is step in to see if either you got a refund, or the parts. If so, they leave and don't do anything. If not, they encourage the shop owner to do so. If they don't, what do you think happens? Nothing. They might revoke the BBB membership, but most shops don't pay into it because its useless. However, be very careful about what you claim, because if any of it is a half-truth, or not true at all, you'll be committing slander and libel.

Small shops like Motomummy and my old shop, operate on reputation. You can destroy that reputation, but doing so unlawfully will result in some pretty harsh repercussions.

"I don't want to burden you with my problems... but I think I've outgrown my yacht."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ldn For This Useful Post:
Miweber929 (11-03-2016), Morbo1978 (11-04-2016)
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 04:28 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Motomummy please open shop in Australia :D
There was a shop similar before called Bike Gear Warehouse but they closed down 6 years ago

CBR600RR 2009 Black/Grey
520 -1/+3 Chain Conversion & SpeedoDRD
Yoshimura FS RS5
PCV + Autotune
K&N Airfilter & Oil Filter
Pair Block Offs
O2 Eliminator & Servo Eliminator
Manual Cam Chain Tensioner
Spiegler Front & Rear Braided Lines
HM Superlite QS
Tripage FE & Adjustable Tag
Watsen Flush Mounts
LED Flasher Relay
Tyga Carbon Fiber Front & Rear fender, Chain Guard
ZG Double Bubble
Ride Core

post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I've dealt with MotoMummy and never had a problem and will use them again! Sometimes mistakes happen and people need to realize this. Life is not perfect but that that doesn't give us the right to feel entitled to compensation.
post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 01:12 AM
Knee Dragger

This dude @danopolo keeps saying he has cancer and fighting it. Doesn't mean anything with what you're trying to do. I work at a hospital. Hem/Onc/Bone Marrow Transplant floor. All my patients I take care of have never used cancer as an excuse. You're trying to get stuff for free. Cut the BS outta here.

Believe me, I see what people with cancer go through everyday. Doesn't mean you mention just for people to feel bad for you.

Last edited by kdotv23; 11-04-2016 at 01:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kdotv23 For This Useful Post:
danopolo (11-10-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page