Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

BKMOTO HIDs

7K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Spiritt 
#1 ·
so i'd like to share my experience with my bkmoto H7 hid kit. i've had it just under a year now and have so far been happy with it. about a week and a half ago i noticed my high beam ws not working. long story short i found the problem to be the connector, that connects the bulb to the ballast. it's loose, even when all the way plugged in and the clip secured it still moves so much that its fails to keep a connection. the next day i sent an email to bkmoto about the issue. i got no response, so a day or two later, i sent another email reguarding my issue. again, nothing. so this past thursday morning i call the number on the site, no answer so i leave a message. its now tuesday and i STILL have not received an email or phone call back. now i know its not his fault that this connector has malfunctioned but given that this HID kit came with a 1 year warranty i personally think that this kind of service is unacceptable, especially given that this IS a safety concern. i will keep trying to get a hold of someone to resolve my issue but just figured id let you guys know about my experience because i'm not happy about this :gun1:

#2 ·
I waited 2 weeks for a reply to an email regarding an issue I had and I was getting rather upset. I decided to call on a random day in the afternoon and he happened to pick up. In the end it worked out fine but his communication is definitely not consistent.

#3 ·
What's the total time from your first email until today? If it's only a week or two it's possible Boris is away on holiday or similar...

I have to agree with Hartwick though, I too had reason to contact him during my install and responses were erratic at best. I did get my issues resolved though so please don't fret just yet.

#4 ·
its been 9 days since the first email.i have taken into consideration that he may have been away for the holday and even the fact that its the "busy season" so i've been keepin my cool but i still feel that his communication at best, is poor

#5 ·
just an update...i called again wednsday, no answer and left a message. called again on friday with no answer, and this time did not leave a message. this sunday will be two weeks since this issue started occuring. now up to 2 emails and 3 phone calls, all of which have gone unsnswered so far. weather he gets back to me or not at this point, im going to highly recommend NOT buying products from bkmoto. it should not take me 2 weeks to get in contact with someone over a warranty replacement bulb.

#7 ·
i kept calling and calling since it was apparent that email is an ineffective form of communication. he finally answered one after noon right after my last post and told me to email him a picture of the connector i was having trouble with. i emailed him the photo about 2-3 days after that call and waited until yesterday before calling. he answered and said he would have it in the mail that day. not very satisfied with the whole situation but at least he finally is getting a bulb to me

#8 ·
wanted to update this for the last time. so after FINALLY receiving my bulb in the mail...IT WAS THE WRONG BULB. for the sake of my sanity, i just ate it, and will keep on trying to convince people not to buy bk moto products. the WORST customer service i've ever experienced and i am usually a very easy going and understanding guy. DONT BUY BKMOTO PRODUCTS!!!

#9 ·
Out of curiosity, could you have sourced a bulb from somewhere else? Or is the bulb unique to his HID kits...Ive been toying with the IDEA of getting a headlight set up, I want dual low and high - but want to use DDM HID 55w Kits....but I'm guessing the people involved try and make it so you can only get parts from them.

#10 ·
yes, his bulbs are UV cut. they won't potentially cause the hazing of the headlight lenses. any h7 hid bulb will work with his kit but his bulbs are special. i just rigged the connector with zip ties to secure the connection. sick of the hids anyway they will be coming off soon

#11 ·
Few weeks? Im waiting for his reply for an year and half.
Anyway his projector kits are pure ****, china made. Projectors holders broke after a year coz its cheap plastic, connectors are dizaster, cutted of everything and soldered them all. Ccfl broke, called him and after a year and half nothing.
Searched through internet and found THE EXACTLY SAME KIT for about 1/3 of his price, only the plate is missing. Pure china **** in my opinion

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#13 ·
Few weeks? Im waiting for his reply for an year and half.
Anyway his projector kits are pure ****, china made. Projectors holders broke after a year coz its cheap plastic, connectors are dizaster, cutted of everything and soldered them all. Ccfl broke, called him and after a year and half nothing.
Searched through internet and found THE EXACTLY SAME KIT for about 1/3 of his price, only the plate is missing. Pure china **** in my opinion

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
wow thats terrible. i literally called multiple times a day for a few days, leaving voicemails almost every time. he finally answered but it did not good as he sent the wrong bulb. i cut my losses, almost sounds like you should do the same. i will do everything i can to make sure no one makes the same mistake as i did with ordering from BK

His bulbs hazed the hell out of my '08 housings. I made a thread about it as well. It continued to get worse up until I sold the bike last June.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/75-600rr-net-product-reviews/291393-bkmoto-hid-kit-review.html

Looks like my photo links are dead. I don't have any way of looking them up right now but I will see if I can find them on my backup hard drive when I get home. Not only did the bulbs continue to haze my housings, but the ballasts were weak sauce and I ended up using my old DDM ballasts to get a decent light output.
and i thought that 90$ for a kit was expensive but i figured if i was going to do it i should at least do it right and get a "good" kit. yea, right...

#25 ·
check out this guy, great person to deal with uses nothing but the best product. he did the 09 cbr.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=scotidi lighting. hes here on the forum too
Not to draw up an old post, but i've had dealings with BKMoto in the past (never a problem), however I decided to contact Scotidi and long story short, he's building a fully custom headlight setup for my bike. Can't wait to see it!!

Matt

#26 ·
Not to draw up an old post, but i've had dealings with BKMoto in the past (never a problem), however I decided to contact Scotidi and long story short, he's building a fully custom headlight setup for my bike. Can't wait to see it!!

Matt
his work is great i had it on my show bike now for the track bike he built me a custom sticker of my old headlights lol :D you can tell him arturas sent you his fb page has a bunch of videos of work he done

#15 ·
unfortunatly i have to agree, i sent them back to have the lense cleaned from the hazing, and their starting back up again. i refuse to ride night times because i dont want to deal with the haze again. i will be swaping his "H7s" out and getting something more reliable..

#19 · (Edited)
I agree with @Seksas ... anyone looking to do their headlights, check out Scotidi Lighting He is doing my retrofits right know... Scott uses only brand new Morimoto parts with warranties (not like other companies selling you second hand cheap stuff). Plus he designs each job custom by hand (not a pre-made cheapo kit) I have never come across another company doing a better job and also he is just an awesome guy! I know several people who had their lights done by him years ago and they still refer people to him.

And @George Type-S check out his site! He literally does the best work from etching the HIDs to doing custom backplates, color changing stuff etc... Scotidi.com

#28 ·
I agree with @Seksas ... anyone looking to do their headlights, check out Scotidi Lighting He is doing my retrofits right know... Scott uses only brand new Morimoto parts with warranties (not like other companies selling you second hand cheap stuff). Plus he designs each job custom by hand (not a pre-made cheapo kit) I have never come across another company doing a better job and also he is just an awesome guy! I know several people who had their lights done by him years ago and they still refer people to him.

And @George Type-S check out his site! He literally does the best work from etching the HIDs to doing custom backplates, color changing stuff etc... Scotidi.com
Well i don't see his lighting options anymore, did they discontinue that line?

#23 ·
To be fair I think BK Moto is all but not in operation these days. When I got my 2012 600RR and came on the forum he was very active. There were a lot of people buying his kits and he was very responsive to any issues anyone had. No one was complaining about the quality of his kits. Most were very happy except for a few who would crack their halo rings on install. I'm not outright defending the guy. In the last year or so he's been a non entity. People buying kits and orders not being delivered or coming very, very slowly. No or slow response to questions or service. Basically he should have suspended his operation until he could give it the engagement it required or just shut down his operation. Yes, now I wouldn't order from BK Moto or enlist his services. From the link above it looks like there's someone on the scene doing proper business in projector retrofits. All the same don't piss on BK Moto. He had a lot of happy customers here and at one time did a great job of supporting his products and services. Just put the word out to ignore him and go elsewhere. No need to be nasty.

#24 ·
Well said. I'll look into making my own mounting plates and sourcing my own parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.