Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

How many miles are on your bike?

5K views 35 replies 31 participants last post by  ogsmakdade 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 with 25xxx miles was wondering how many miles do other people have and if anyone has input on routine maintenance at that high of miles.

#2 ·
I have a 2006 that I will be piling the mileage onto this Fall. It has 16,190 on it now, and I bought it with 12,201 last February. But I hope to be over 18,000 before the snow starts.
As for maintenance at that mileage, just stick to the service manual plus anything you feel needs to be replaced. That should cover everything.

#4 ·
just the usual....inspect chain tightness and health (i'd imagine by now the chains been replaced), sprockets

always use synthetic oil and regular oil/filter changes (i do them every 3000 miles some guys wait longer)

not much else really.....i guess inspect the fairings bolts, they tend to get a bit loose over time bc of the vibration

unlike Gixers - these bikes are built to last for the long-run, i saw a 2003 600RR with 50+ k miles still going strong...well maintained

im sure i missed out on some stuff which others can add

edit: check valves, see if they need adjustment

#10 ·
unlike Gixers - these bikes are built to last
Shots fired. :gun1:

edit: check valves, see if they need adjustment
The valve clearances should have been checked at the 16k mile service, if I'm not mistaken. Wouldn't hurt to check them again, but it could probably hold off until close to 32k. If they haven't been checked yet... :rip:

Miweber929 said:
wheel bearings, steering head bearings ... Be sure to keep them all in good, well lubricated states.
Definitely repack the bearings with good quality grease. The stuff that's in there is usually too light and there is usually not enough.

#9 ·
25k is nothing, bike is just getting broken in. Make sure every fluid is changed, all filters are new, valves are in spec, chain and sprockets are good and your tires are in good shape and not older than 4 years. I'd put new plugs in as well if it were me.

Basically follow your maintenance schedule in the owners manual and you're golden.

Couple places bikes with actual mileage wear that aren't typically talked about are wheel bearings, fuel filter/pump, steering head bearings, lever pivots and clutch cable. All those areas take wear with riding the bike and can be the difference between a tight feeling bike and a new feeling one. Be sure to keep them all in good, well lubricated states.

Reactions: Fanatic
#15 ·
07 600rr, Daily driver. oil and filter every 4000-5000 miles. Brake fluid changed when it goes from yellow to orange-ish. Coolant flushed with 50/50 distilled water and white vineger(run to op temp and about 5mins after, then flush with distilled water only) replaced with honda 50/50 coolant. k&n air filter once a year. Im counting over 80k. everything else i just follow the book.

#16 ·
i just picked a 2008 graffiti edition up and it has 27k on it and i am already almost at 28k and everything seems tight and has most of the service records that he did to it. thing runs like a champ so far! i have no hesitation on taking this thing on a long trip somewhere.

#19 ·
I do valves every 32k. Brake and coolant fluid as I feel like it. Fork fluid when I randomly don't have enough rebound damping anymore [ss47 wears out quick!]. I'm over 74,000 miles now.

#20 ·
My garage queen doesn't have any miles on her...... just sits around all the time :serious:

Seriously though just follow the maintenance schedule as close as you can. Keep all the fluids clean..... coolant, fork oil, brake fluid, etc.... I'd change it out at least once a year (coolant you could leave a little longer). Keep oil changed at regular intervals, check and adjust the valves when needed. The biggest maintenance thing you can probably do is just treat it with a little love and don't ride it like a jackass (not saying you do, just making a blanket statement). Don't sit and neutral rev the **** out of it, don't start it up cold and bang it off the limiter, let it warm up a little bit before riding, etc. They'll last a looooooooong time :wink2:

#21 ·
33k on my 03. Just did a valve check, and only one was out of spec. Thought I had some engine noise, but it turned out to be a loose spark plug. Just did the PAIR delete as well, and going to get it dyno'd soon. As the 5th owner of a bike with an unknown maintenance history, I would have to say these things are pretty bullet proof so long as you do the essentials.

#22 · (Edited)
Yep, 26k kilometers (16k miles) on my 99 f4... of which ive only put a little over 1k myself. Relatively unknown service history, but the previous owner was a great rider, and had no reservations hanging out on the twisties at ridiculous speeds on it. At the price I paid for it, thats enough for me at the moment. The next upcoming service its going to get a really thorough once over. I plan on putting many, many, MANY more miles on my old beauty.

The thought has crossed my mind that the odo may have turned over completely... even still, the way it runs, and how tight it feels (aside from the sloppy stock f4 rearset shift linkage) vs. the price I paid for it, I wouldnt really care, hah!

#23 · (Edited)
'04 with just shy of 40,000 miles. Basic maintenance has been kept up well. Probably going to do a valve check the end of this season.
Just had her dyno'd a few weeks ago. Made 100.3 Horsepower.

#24 ·
Not sure, I changed the gearing and never installed a speedohealer

but the odo reads about 28k

#28 ·
2008 with just over 5k on it. I bought it last year when she only had 1.5k. I've changed the coolant, and done an oil change. that's really about all i've done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.