Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Battery Opinion

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Cereal_Killer 
#1 ·
I am currently int he market for a new battery. I am running a Yuasa that has lasted roughly about a year and a few months in the AZ heat (Heat kills batteries). I am looking to make the jump to the Lithium battery (to try and save on purchasing a battery every few years) and specifically the "Deltran Battery Tender brand". I know there are other options out there (Shorai, Ballistik, etc.) and have been reading comparisons all morning but none have ever mentioned the Deltran brand. Does anyone have any personal experience with this battery? I know TST Ind sells them but Amazon has a deal for the tender and charger for the same price i would spend on the battery and shipping from them. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Deltran battery tender # BTL14A240C (as recommended on the TST site)

#3 ·
Thank you for your response. This post has less to do with who I am getting it from and more towards experience with this particular battery. I know TST doesn't sell crap stuff (since the majority of my aftermarket lighting has came from them). But batteries from a manufacturer that isn't them is a different issue.

#7 ·
Thanks for the input i will definetly look into those.

Point taken.

I maybe come from a different era?

Back in the "old times", if a Co. sold me well made products, and offered others, I would buy from them.....

If slightly more $.....OK, there was a warranty policy.

And, a price limit ? ( 10% more OK......50% more N-OK)

I guess in modern times, that's not the practice?

Customer service is worth something.
I come from the same era as I am in my early 40's. I support local business over online (unfortunately no one sells the battery locally), and use tried and true business's I have had good dealings with over new. As I mentioned before this is less about who I am getting it from, and more on experience with the battery. I know you mentioned pricing so i'll go this route TST offers for 137+shipping. Amazon offers 106 + Charger@30.00. So for the same price I am actually getting 2 pieces. And being as overly specific as most manufacturers are, I'm sure in order to have the warranty covered on the battery you'd have to use their charger over anything you already have. I do appreciate the feedback.

#6 · (Edited)
Point taken.

I maybe come from a different era?

Back in the "old times", if a Co. sold me well made products, and offered others, I would buy from them.....

If slightly more $.....OK, there was a warranty policy.

And, a price limit ? ( 10% more OK......50% more N-OK)

I guess in modern times, that's not the practice?

Customer service is worth something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.