Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Silent's build thread

27K views 145 replies 42 participants last post by  SilentSun 
#1 · (Edited)
Sup,

Well the modding bug hit hard and fast.
Within a week of getting the bike I was already licking my lips at the possibility of getting some new pipes.
Wasn't until a good month later however that my wallet had enough Sir Monash in it before I could start.
Anyway, the following is a record of my dream build for my dream bike. I can't deny, it is my pride and joy, to the point that my gf will prob leave me soon.
Pfft...

Enjoy and remember, I will be happy to answer any questions you have, post any pic you want, lap up any critic that you may provide (ideas welcome).
~Nick
-------

1) Like a Virgin:
So here she is, all sweet and innocent.
Rolled off the floor and back to my house with only 3.2km to the dial.

2) The opposite to virgin…
I finally got a tail tidy for the bike.
Sure it's not the best looking thing ever, but beats the hell out of the stock tongue looking thing my plates attached to...

Didn't take too long to install.
Was somewhat nervous considering it was my first time messing around with the bike, but I like the end result:

Before (ugry):

During:

After:

3) Anderson Stand:
Went to local stealership today, picked up a Anderson rear stand and some frame pegs.
Was expensive as fcuk, but figured it was worth it as about to order a Hyperflo and don't want to be relying on my kickstand during the install...

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
4) Black and chromy:

So pumped, got my Hyperflo today.
Can't stop looking at it. None of the following pictures do it any justice.
The black chrome is simply beautiful:

5) Tripping balls:
Haha, just got my Tripage IT delivered, man can't wait for weekend, they forecast rain but the fk do I care, I has me a STD (as in an integrated taillight...):

#3 · (Edited)
6) Bring the noise:
For a detailed description of the install, including all the crap I had to work around, check here: (Once I make the thread...) .

Finished the install today, was a bit of a biach, but got there in the end, here's some pic's:

After:

Hyperflo indicators are crazy bright:

#11 · (Edited)
Picked up some new ASV shorty leavers from MotoMummy, which I am very happy with!
They were posted on the same day as purchase and received just in time for the long weekend.

Also got a new black smoke windscreen.
Still getting used to it and not sure if I want to go darker, but it's growing on me so who knows...

Anyway, here are some pics of her all polished and waxed up, only to get dirty again once I went into the hills that afternoon :cruising:

Next on the to do list:
Hid Kit, Powder back pegs, Mirrors and Seat Cowl.

#17 ·
Bwahaha, I was sceptical at first, but turns out selling that kid was the best thing I ever did, just bought my HID kit the other day, baby number two should pay for rear sets. :crackup:

In all seriousness, I should update this thread with my new goodies, thanks for reminding me :D

#20 ·
Hyper flow I love that exhaust!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

#23 · (Edited)
UGH!

well... to those who say installing your own HID kit is fast and easy, I say FK you, you're full of BS.

Oven for 10 minutes at 100 °C will open.

Oven for 10 minutes at 100 °C will close.

A lot of stress and 4 hours of cable hiding later...

Thankfully.... it looks great:

Angle/LED

Demon

Angel/LED/Demon

If you have questions, let me know :D

#24 · (Edited)
Some tips for installing bkmoto HID kit:

Tip One: Remember to keep your H7 headlight connector when you cut it from the original headlight.

Tip Two: Use the 15amp wire from inside a CAT5 (ethernet) cable, to help extend the thin wires on the LED strips.

Tip Three: If installing a switch to turn on/off HID low beam, use a 20amp switch. The switches provided by bkmoto are rated at 13 amps which is more than enough to handle the 10amp needed for the bkmoto HID harness.
This will not be enought if you wish to turn both left and rightside low beam off, without melting the switch however. 10 + 10 = 20 ;D

Tip Four: If installing onto a 2011 bike, cut the tab protruding (see pic) on the inside of the headlight casing, this will allow the backplate to rest correctly against the casing and prevent the projector from being too close to the lens. You will also have an easier time adjusting the HID beam when they are installed on the bike.

Tip Five: Plan where you will put your switches before you begin to wire up, this will save you having to remove/shorten/lengthen cables in order to fit the rest of the ballast and transformers.

Tip Six: Follow the below vid on where to hide your Ballast's, there simply is not enough room on the bike to hide anywhere else. This thread is also very helpfull.

Tip Seven: Re-consider your desire to have two angel eyes AND a set of demon eyes. Both require transformers, which means you have to put them somewhere. As stated above, there is SFA room to mount these. If I had my time over, I would have removed one from the order.

Tip Eight: Draw out where you want everything to go. Nothing beats a good old circuit diagram to help explain what goes to what. The 'picture' provided by unique moto showing where everything connects to is helpful but confusing if you have never installed a HID kit before.

Tip Nine: Plan on NOT completing your install within 2 days. Should your bike be your only for of transportation for the week, perhaps organise alternate transport. Unless you know exactly how everthing is put together as well as know exactly where it will all go, expect it to take longer than a weekend ;D

Tip Ten: BRB.

#26 ·
Still have to get a vid for peeps... perhaps when it warms up!

Put black reflective rim tape on a while ago but:

Also had the passenger pegs powder coated, they really well done, he pulled them apart so everything moves as it should:

Took off the Hyperflo sticker, felt naked at first but got used to it eventually:

When she was having her eyes done, figured I should also do the gap fix mod while I was at it... no problems with that pseudocr4p about back preassure

Next: Tank Grips, Rear sets, Carbon bits n pieces, Rizoma mirrors install (need fairing mounts :retard: haha),
Seat cowl, blacken that damn cat out.. and also maybe the swingarm - I just really dont want to have to take the wheel off to do it :drunk:

#29 ·
It's today!

Awoke to this:

Shoei XR-1100 Beowulf

Stoked! Aus Shoei has a sale on so managed to pick it up for $200 cheaper than I could ever have gotten it at a stealership.

Last years model I know.. but MEH, DREAM HELMET!
Fogive the shiz pics, they really dont do it justice :banger:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.