Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calling All Michigan Riders (2014)

847K views 21K replies 116 participants last post by  HighzerOfLife 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so we got riding season coming up in roughly 2 months, and I am sure everyone is ready to ride. But right now I am trying to get a feel on where everyone lives and who's down to ride. Every Tuesday we will be going to Hooters for bike night in Lansing and weekend rides to wherever.

So if people want, lets make a call to all MI riders and start setting up weekend rides and get togethers. As far as introductions, Ill start if off; names Paul, from Lansing, MI.

Reactions: strey117
#563 ·
when i rotate the tire weather its on a stand or riding i hear a clicking coming from the rear. it can either be the chain binding, sprocket a lil off or a wheel bearing. if the bearing is gone i have to drop $40 on bearings...fml.

i wont know till i take the rear rim off or the chain. i will know tomorrow. im looking at at least a week of it being down.
Is there any side to side movement in the wheel when its on the stand? If there is im saying its the bearings .Hopefully its just not lined up straight ..sounds like it would be the chain binding up a little if it is its a.easy fix..Hopefully every thing turns out O.K.

#564 ·
#566 ·
Is there any side to side movement in the wheel when its on the stand? If there is im saying its the bearings .Hopefully its just not lined up straight ..sounds like it would be the chain binding up a little if it is its a.easy fix..Hopefully every thing turns out O.K.
Not sure I haven't really played with it cuz I was too pissed off. I'll fix it today

#567 ·
I'll be there. are there any races in michigan? i plan on going to grattan to check it out and then go for a trackday hopefully this summer. finally got all my gear. wouldnt mind a nicer helmet though.
There are some WERA rounds at Grattan and I believe Gingerman. Also, a couple hours south is AMA rounds at Mid-Ohio. I plan on catching races at any of the above circuits.

#568 ·
There are some WERA rounds at Grattan and I believe Gingerman. Also, a couple hours south is AMA rounds at Mid-Ohio. I plan on catching races at any of the above circuits.
Have you been before? Looking at google maps of Grattan the stands look tiny seems like you wouldn't be able to see anything. I'm thinking my girl and I will be going to Grattan may 5th and 6th.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#570 ·
What up Floyd. Been on here pming Jason at stg about tires for one of my ridin buddies. I think I got it narrowed down between the cbr1000rr, zx10r or a z1000. All of which r 2012s. Just can't convince myself to spend the money yet. Gotta call the sales guy today at Honda east.

#572 ·
If I honestly was going to buy a new bike I would buy the Honda. U know how you love your 600 and the reliability and power, why change?

But my first "new" bike will be a 675r or rsv4...when I get a good job. But before that will be an 08 pearl orange

Reactions: wrathsrr
#573 ·
If I honestly was going to buy a new bike I would buy the Honda. U know how you love your 600 and the reliability and power, why change?

But my first "new" bike will be a 675r or rsv4...when I get a good job. But before that will be an 08 pearl orange
Was talking with the wife after my last post and showed her the 675r. I admit that would be my dream bike.
Pure sex...

#576 ·
I was thinking you were going on the 7th. I'm working all day today but would be able to do something after 5 or tomorrow

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Yea im heading down tomorrow the 7th at 1:00. It did sound like i was heading down today by my post i just read..sorry man..But its tomorrow... I want to check out that bike if your not busy..hope to meet up...

#579 · (Edited)
How strange the Honda guys all say get a Honda. Haha. I am leaning toward the cbr even though all my friends say zx10r. I know that there is no way I could regret buying the cbr. Oh and my buddy said I could borrow his r1for the cp trip;)

Bought my stuff from Jason so prolly won't be back on for a while. Safe riding my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.