Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calling All Michigan Riders (2014)

847K views 21K replies 116 participants last post by  HighzerOfLife 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so we got riding season coming up in roughly 2 months, and I am sure everyone is ready to ride. But right now I am trying to get a feel on where everyone lives and who's down to ride. Every Tuesday we will be going to Hooters for bike night in Lansing and weekend rides to wherever.

So if people want, lets make a call to all MI riders and start setting up weekend rides and get togethers. As far as introductions, Ill start if off; names Paul, from Lansing, MI.

Reactions: strey117
#642 ·
Man, I must need some new gear (ok, I absolutely do, mine is total crap), I can't stand commuting when it's under 50 or over 90 in my work clothes. I can't really layer up well in the cold and I hate arriving at my destination completely sweaty. What do the rest of you guys do to get out and ride when it's in the 40's?
Shorts, sweatpants, then textile pants.

2 shirts, long sleeve, sweatshirt then jacket

Boots and gloves

Sent via iPhone 4s

#643 ·
How the heck are you guys complaining about it being cold today? It's B-E-A-Utiful out today. Put down about 140 miles before work today. Tad cool on the fingertips, but not bad.

The trick is several thin layers, not just a big heavy sweat shirt. I typically wear 3-4 long john shirts under my leather coat. For summer, a perforated leather coat is heavenly.

#644 · (Edited)
I wimped out this morning - riding from Ann Arbor to Novi (workplace). On second thoughts, should have braved the cold because it looks like it would have been a nice ride home :-(

Sorry if this is already posted, but here is an article today on the helmet law in Michigan: http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/midwest/2012/04/17/243752.htm Ofcourse, I will continue to be in full gear for my riding, always.

#645 ·
How the heck are you guys complaining about it being cold today? It's B-E-A-Utiful out today. Put down about 140 miles before work today. Tad cool on the fingertips, but not bad.

The trick is several thin layers, not just a big heavy sweat shirt. I typically wear 3-4 long john shirts under my leather coat. For summer, a perforated leather coat is heavenly.
+1!

10char

#647 ·
I guess for me when it's 37F when I leave, it just isn't worth it. I wear a button down and khaki's under my textile jacket (with insulated lining in) and textile pants, there just isn't really room for a sweatshirt and the insulated lining.

If I wasn't commuting I'd just throw my under armor cold weather base layer and a sweatshirt on and be fine. Oh, and A balaclava to protect my neck from the wind.

#648 ·
ya i haven't rode since those 80 degree days, im a wimp but i do leave for school at 530 am with a duffel bag and a back pack so its just way easier to take the car :(

#649 ·
ya i haven't rode since those 80 degree days, im a wimp but i do leave for school at 530 am with a duffel bag and a back pack so its just way easier to take the car :(
That's early, what time is class?

Sent via iPhone 4s

#652 ·
i pussed out this morning also. all geared up walked out onto the deck put the dog on his cable turned back around and took all my gear off and hopped in my truck. 20 minutes at freeway speeds makes my hands numb. just takes the fun out of the ride.
Lol.. pick up one of these! I've got a scarf and a scorpion phantom jacket with a liner which keeps me really warm. My hands are the only thing that get cold as well

http://www.revzilla.com/mens-winter-motorcycle-gloves

#657 ·
No idea. A co worker saw a trashed bike an almost torn in half body shoes and helmet.

My guess he was coming around and either low sided and slid into it or was going to shoot across into the fast lane and didn't notice the truck. Truck driver thought it was a flat tire.

I ride the exact spot every day home from work. Glad it wasn't me! Got phone calls from mom dad girlfriend grandma all making sure I was alive. I'll try for a link to the news story.

Sent from my Motorcyclapp

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.