Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calling All Michigan Riders (2014)

847K views 21K replies 116 participants last post by  HighzerOfLife 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so we got riding season coming up in roughly 2 months, and I am sure everyone is ready to ride. But right now I am trying to get a feel on where everyone lives and who's down to ride. Every Tuesday we will be going to Hooters for bike night in Lansing and weekend rides to wherever.

So if people want, lets make a call to all MI riders and start setting up weekend rides and get togethers. As far as introductions, Ill start if off; names Paul, from Lansing, MI.

Reactions: strey117
#1,445 ·
Had a little lowside at ridiculously low speed. Maybe 10-15 mph. A group of us were hitting an S-Curve at 50-60 mph and taking pictures. I went through and went to turn around, so I got over to let the rider behind me go around. I looked in the mirror as I was getting over and on the brakes, and just got too close to the edge. Front tire dipped off the pavement and hit the gravel before I knew what was going on, and down I went. Completely my fault. No one to blame but myself. I sure did get a good laugh about it. I'll get her back to shiny in time. Engine cover did a great job to protect the clutch cover, as their is a couple deep gouges that would've went through the stock cover. Would've sucked being an hour from home and the engine pudding oil.

Went to the hospital yesterday and I found our I fractured my collarbone. Not bad, so there isn't anything they can do about it. Just have to wait it out. Still riding, but having a hard time sleeping on it. Oh well, live and learn.
Ouch, that sucks. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

#1,446 ·
It sucks, but I'm still holding out hope to hit up the WSL again this coming Sunday, as long as I'm feeling 60% or better.
ya a lot of moving around will hurt man, going to swell up hardcore. good luck man

#1,449 ·
After working on Paul's bike and Chinese fairings, I would rather anally sodomize an angry, rabid wolverine, while rubbing porcupines on my nipples, all while being covered in spiders. I don't like spiders. A lot.

I already ordered an OEM mid, and am deciding if I want to fix the upper, or buy a new one.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

#1,451 ·
We were out riding last night, only four of us bc most people didnn't wanna ride in the heat, and we were going down this long stretch of straight road. I was going about 45-50 watching the stunter kid do a wheelie for like 3 miles straight, it was pretty damn sweet. Anyway, so I'm cruisin along, cornfield to my right when all of the sudden a turkey comes haulin ass out of the corn field. He was like spinning around terrified, then bolted to the road, scared the hell outta me. He ran right in front of me, I braked hard & was so close to hitting him that I sent him spiraling through the air, and he went right across the windshield of the bike riding behind me. It was so damn crazy, I was so sure I was gna hit that turkey. It definitely made me nervous for the next 30 minutes. Crazy ass turkeys.

#1,453 ·
After working on Paul's bike and Chinese fairings, I would rather anally sodomize an angry, rabid wolverine, while rubbing porcupines on my nipples, all while being covered in spiders. I don't like spiders. A lot.

I already ordered an OEM mid, and am deciding if I want to fix the upper, or buy a new one.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App
Agreed, china fairings are poo poo. I'd rather get new oem plastics I need

Sent via iPhone 4s

#1,454 ·
idk i'm not very picky, yea the paint job isnt the best with a couple clear coat drips and you need to finagle some things to get it to fit but for a complete change in looks of the bike especially when 70% of the oems are destroyed I'll go chinese lol. Thats my cheap ass talking though, I also know I'll be going down again sometime so I dont want to invest the money

#1,457 ·
I'm saying it because I'll probably lay it down again sooner or later, I can't count on my fingers how many times I've almost lost it on gravel. I also know that I thoroughly enjoy taking turns fast, a couple times I almost misjudged myself lol. **** if I babied my bike I wouldn't enjoy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.