Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calling All Michigan Riders (2014)

847K views 21K replies 116 participants last post by  HighzerOfLife 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so we got riding season coming up in roughly 2 months, and I am sure everyone is ready to ride. But right now I am trying to get a feel on where everyone lives and who's down to ride. Every Tuesday we will be going to Hooters for bike night in Lansing and weekend rides to wherever.

So if people want, lets make a call to all MI riders and start setting up weekend rides and get togethers. As far as introductions, Ill start if off; names Paul, from Lansing, MI.

Reactions: strey117
#1,561 ·
I remember when I was afraid to ride on the freeway. That changed within a couple of days. Eventually freeway riding will get boring and you'll be looking for curvy roads. All that wind use to scare the **** out of me. Thought my bike wouldn't stay on course. I use to white knuckle the grips which is horrible but then I realized I could ride no handed if I it wasn't for the throttle. Don't worry man you will feel that freeway riding is the safest place to ride eventually

#1,563 ·
I remember when I was afraid to ride on the freeway. That changed within a couple of days. Eventually freeway riding will get boring and you'll be looking for curvy roads. All that wind use to scare the **** out of me. Thought my bike wouldn't stay on course. I use to white knuckle the grips which is horrible but then I realized I could ride no handed if I it wasn't for the throttle. Don't worry man you will feel that freeway riding is the safest place to ride eventually
This is exactly how I feel! Like if I move at all I'm gonna wipe! I'm ok till about 55mph, then I start feeling like I am going to loose control, I do notice that the wind adds to my freaking out.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#1,565 ·
I was the same way as u, cept first day I could ride went 95 down a road and was like wow that's fast! Never speed now cuz I did it once and it was enough.

For me highway is the easiest riding there is. Way less to worry about then cities. There are more cars, and street lights and everything. Your bike won't go outa control, shoot Kevin will tell u sometimes we stand up to do a nut adjust sometimes on our bike. But highways are easy just always change position within your lane to be seen and never stick in someone's blind spot.

Also never putt past a semi, they have hardcore side draft that makes u really feel wind. It's easy man, everyone takes time to learn confidence in their bike. One day u will look back and think shoot this is way easy! Jus like drivers training man!

Sent via iPhone 4s

Reactions: DetroitCrow
#1,566 ·
I was the same way as u, cept first day I could ride went 95 down a road and was like wow that's fast! Never speed now cuz I did it once and it was enough.

For me highway is the easiest riding there is. Way less to worry about then cities. There are more cars, and street lights and everything. Your bike won't go outa control, shoot Kevin will tell u sometimes we stand up to do a nut adjust sometimes on our bike. But highways are easy just always change position within your lane to be seen and never stick in someone's blind spot.

Also never putt past a semi, they have hardcore side draft that makes u really feel wind. It's easy man, everyone takes time to learn confidence in their bike. One day u will look back and think shoot this is way easy! Jus like drivers training man!

Sent via iPhone 4s
Thanks Rizzo!
I am going up in MPH just slowly. I started out at a max of 35. Lmao!
Maybe a cruiser would of been a better choice for me? But then again I love the pull my bike has.

Ok back to topic, sorry for hijacking.

#1,568 ·
Thanks Rizzo!
I am going up in MPH just slowly. I started out at a max of 35. Lmao!
Maybe a cruiser would of been a better choice for me? But then again I love the pull my bike has.

Ok back to topic, sorry for hijacking.

Stick with your 600 trust me just get used to t and ride all u can. Nuff said. When ur ready we can hit roads, or just cruse town to ge used to it

Sent via iPhone 4s

Reactions: DetroitCrow
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.