Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calling All Michigan Riders (2014)

847K views 21K replies 116 participants last post by  HighzerOfLife 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so we got riding season coming up in roughly 2 months, and I am sure everyone is ready to ride. But right now I am trying to get a feel on where everyone lives and who's down to ride. Every Tuesday we will be going to Hooters for bike night in Lansing and weekend rides to wherever.

So if people want, lets make a call to all MI riders and start setting up weekend rides and get togethers. As far as introductions, Ill start if off; names Paul, from Lansing, MI.

Reactions: strey117
#1,721 ·
Alright im back sorry about the last post not fishing my questions..

My buddy also a co- worker..

Im 34 years old and had alot of bike in my day and by no means am I professional rider just like to ride and cruise around on the back streets.Dont get me wrong there are days i let it all hang ou but theres a place and time for all that, not on busy ass roads..

buddy,19 years.old (cant tell those kids **** like talking to a wall at leaat with this one) Buys a bike on July first and rides it all the way home with no cycle endorsment all the way from tawas about an hour ride or longer.( first bitch session i gave him) Now hes never had a road bike before this one and i gave him the whole speal about RESPECTING the bike and all that ****( for mounths before he bought it).Now two weeks after he buys it he calls me and says:: I just got pulled over and there going to impound my bike if you dont come up here and ride home with me..Speeding 85 in a 55 ( again no endorsement just the written test no road test yet) Ride from bay city to augrays to pick his ass up..( 2 bitch session) Now he takes his road test and passes it..Pretty good..So i ride a few session with him and he ride good no speeding and does well..Every one at work tells me he rides like a ass hole when im not with him..( 3rd bitch session) So we ride out to fish point on tuesday and we turn down a remote road and he starts wheeling in second gear, now im bitching inside my helmet at him..Get to the look out and i light him up( 4th bitch session) says ive been watching the on you tube, how to wheelie..STUPID..Only had the bike for a mounth, RESPECT the bike..I know i do ,, No the fuct you dont..Any ways today comes into work and says: I got a tickret for receless driving last night on M13( busy road) for riding a wheelie, i thought i was in second but was in first and pulled it up..Bull **** that might work on a cop but not on some one that rides.Took him under my wing and he just lied to my face...( 5 th bitch session) Now im done with him..So today the boss sends him over to the other shop for the day to work and we get a break at 9:00 just about the time he should be arriving there.Get a call to the office and they said he crashed his bike in the industrail park showing off riding a wheelie to the guys at the other shop..Find out the bike is fucctked up real bad and and he has rash and a broken collar bone poking out of his skin.Again told him about gear and being safe and respect for the bike..Im done hes not going to listen to anyone..Maybe this will open his eyes a bit..SORRY about the long ( wineing session) post or if anyone even cares but i will never put myself in that perdictament again..

#1,724 ·
Let me know if he wants to sell his fugged up toy. I need a project.

To answer your question, with this bike, I have about 65,000 miles on it. Bought it with about 1,000 or so in 2008. Clocked about a quarter million street miles since I started riding on the road when I was 13.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

#1,728 ·
My brother is in town this weekend so tomorrow and Sunday is probably no good. Is there a day during the week after 5 that works? What year ECU do you have? I just found out from the PO that the whole throttle body assembly was changed because of a bad TPS so something might have gone wrong there such as wrong year throttle bodies or something.

#1,729 ·
Unfortunately, I work until 8pm on the weekdays. Seeing as the bike is my only other mode of transportation besides the wife's car, I can't afford to have it be down during the week. I am actually leaving town for a couple days, so I figured it would be an opportune time to try to see if it works.

Have you checked to make sure all of the sensors are plugged in? What are the symptoms due to it running rich? What aftermarket parts are on it (exhaust/air filter/etc)?

#1,731 ·
Ive checked all the sensors. It's not throwing any codes. It smells real rich when idling and riding, crackles like crazy, backfires a lot on deceleration(most of the time when I pull in the clutch on deceleration) and gets terrible gas mileage(20mpg or so) and plugs were real black and new ones after a week or 2 were black and carboned up real bad. I think that's about it, it has been stalling on me when coasting up to a stop light, primarily when it's not completely warm(under 150 degrees I would say).

I might be able to pull away for a few hours tomorrow afternoon after out tee time in the am.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#1,733 ·
Also it has a Yosh RS-5 and K&N filter which is brand new but from my understanding it should make it run more lean. It does have some emissions stuff removed, there are 4 vacuum lines under the gas tank that are capped off.

Question for u (bc I'm looking for an air filter) y k&n filter?

#1,734 ·
How many miles are on your bikes?

Reason for asking: I do mostly two up rideing with the wife and the last three rides it seems like its alot rougher with her on the back ( bumbs ) not the whole ride and she said the same thing first..After a while of riding you know the sounds and the feel of your bike..I told her to weigh herself and shes not gaining any weight still.at 115lbs.Now thats out of the way im thinking every thing is looseing up on the bike and i know that will happen ( brakeing in)...

Sorry got to go buddy just crashed bike...
Nah, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm a big dude, I weigh 280 & I ride mine everyday w/o issue. My weight is close to two up for many, & I havent had any issue whatsoever. I got my bike in March with 2,900 miles, it now has over 8,000 :cruising:

#1,738 ·
I have bmc and I have heard great things about them on our bikes. I then paired it with an rs5 and custom tune on my pc3. Works perfect now but was running way lean because I didn't have power until about 5-6k and now it runs like a champ

Sent via iPhone 4s

#1,739 ·
I have bmc and I have heard great things about them on our bikes. I then paired it with an rs5 and custom tune on my pc3. Works perfect now but was running way lean because I didn't have power until about 5-6k and now it runs like a champ

Sent via iPhone 4s
Yeah I've heard good stuff 2. But then the debate starts up which is better. That's my winter plan to pair up Hyperflo full system pc3 or pc5. Your custom tune is off the dyno u mean? Or just downloaded the map

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.