Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calling All Michigan Riders (2014)

847K views 21K replies 116 participants last post by  HighzerOfLife 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so we got riding season coming up in roughly 2 months, and I am sure everyone is ready to ride. But right now I am trying to get a feel on where everyone lives and who's down to ride. Every Tuesday we will be going to Hooters for bike night in Lansing and weekend rides to wherever.

So if people want, lets make a call to all MI riders and start setting up weekend rides and get togethers. As far as introductions, Ill start if off; names Paul, from Lansing, MI.

Reactions: strey117
#2,303 ·
Well, the Winter Classic has been cancelled for this year. Looks like I'll be getting my $500 I dropped on tickets for the wife and I refunded. The downside is I have to now go find her a Christmas present, as those were her big gift this year. Grrr....

#2,304 ·
Look for an AWD Infinity G-series. You can usually find a mid-2000's for $15-19K. Also check out BMW's with the AWD. You can find mid-2000's for with under 100K miles for around $13-15K. Typically won't be turbo'd, but the manual is an option. Hell, you could probably find an E46 with decent miles for under $20K right now.
i can't say a bad word about BMW i had one and have been around them for a long time. My E36 M3 took a beating and just kept going. I went to the track all the time i raced it on the highway all the time i pulled gears all the time i never broke anything! Until i kept turning the boost up

Altho a e46 m3 insurance sucks bad. You should look into the 335 its turbo you can get easy power out of it

or get an S4! lol.. awd turbo ;)
being serious tho i am starting to like the car more but i cant really say much about them yet.

#2,309 ·
trying to submit my order to STG just trying to decide on a few colors for things now

my order is
- cover
- spiegler front/rear brake lines
- D3 grips
- Driven bar ends
- Woodcraft frame sliders
- Woodcraft engine cover
- Woodcraft clutch cover
- Starlane engear digital gear indicator w/shift light
- Driven 520 chain and sprocket set
- Driven block off plates
- CRG R/C Spectrum Levers

i'm just trying to decide on my grip and bar end colors.

i want to give red a shot but im afraid it will be a different colored red and i wont like it

thinking of these with red bar ends but i dunno might just got black/black
Thoughts on the red grips / black collar?

#2,313 ·
Hence the reason I suggested he look at Cobalts when he sold his 300C. I think he should put a few bucks into this Cobalt, and make it the way he wants to.

All very valid points. I like the new ST, but that price tag is mind boggling.
He doesn't listen :lol:! Truthfully I wish I would have put a couple bucks into mine and kept it versus switching over. I already had put the SS/TC seats in it, which helped the interior, granted the dash was still made from recycled milk cartons, my ass at least felt great on long trips.

I thought about your hhr for a second but then I was like idk. The cobalt is fine just idk it feels cheap and is just poor build quality inside. I look at it and don't mind it, but idk. I don't event speed in it
Hey now, you said manual and turbo! I wouldn't make a lateral move and spend more doing such, if you're content on spending money and getting something else, better make it something worthwhile is my best advice.

#2,315 ·
Well guy didn't sell his bike, it sprang a coolant leak so he don't have the cash. So looks like im keeping it for now. Also saw my fender gap on the inside that butts up against the windshield has came undone. There is like glue that is popping off

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#2,317 ·
2007 acura tl type s. saw one today, bad ass looking cars amazing body lines and rims with dual exhaust stock. I think I just found "that" car

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
No you didn't. You'll change your mind by lunch...

I was going to recommend the TL, but didn't think you'd it. The wife and I looked at them this summer when I was thinking of buying a car.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.