Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Calling All Michigan Riders (2014) 2.0

202K views 6K replies 52 participants last post by  ybm 
#1 ·
Here you guys go. Starting fresh to keep thread lengths down.

Keep it rocking :banger:

#5,781 ·
Have fun!

I'm nearly bike-less again. R6 is 85% parted out. Just have a frame and some small bits left, outside of the engine pieces. Likely won't buy again until fall when people start offloading their projects before winter.

#5,783 ·
It's dead. RIP! Throw some dirt on it, and get it a headstone.

Nice Monster! Always like the looks of them. Seems like it would make a good commuter bike. I need to find a bike...

#5,790 · (Edited)
I am. Sadly, your bike is likely out of what I'm wanting to spend. I'd punch a baby for it though...

I've been oddly okay with not having a bike this year, yet I still have the urge to ride every day. Weird. Just been mountain biking almost every day, and recently started golfing, which has been taking up my free time. Not as exciting as dragging knee at a hundred, but a fun new challenge.

#5,796 ·
I do have to say not having my bike loan or insurance payment would help me out pretty drastically right now but I just won't sell my baby. Even though I don't ride her as much as I should. It's partly due to the fact my building for work sucks and there's no real break room and I just don't feel like lugging gear around when I go to lunch and having to gear up for a 3 minute ride and what not. I could squid it... But nah. I'd ride it to class tonight but nope Mother Nature decides to ruin those plans.

#5,797 ·
I miss track riding and going to Deal's Gap so much. Don't miss the daily commuting that much. Rather drive the car so I can bring the mountain bike and hit the trails on the way home.

#5,802 ·
Just coming back to this thread after 2 years of not riding due health issues unrelated to motorcycles. Would like to reach out to this group for help/advice on my fall/winter projects: install & paint Catalyst street & track bodywork, buy & install slipper, go over brakes & clutch and I guess the whole bike to get ready for next season and some track days/riding school maybe. I'll take some pictures and figure out how to start a build thread.

#5,803 ·
Let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help. Welcome back. Lot's have changed in the last couple years. Hoping to have another bike by next year for track riding, and possibly racing with a few buddies in WERA.

#5,804 ·
Hey everyone, long time no post! I still sometimes talk to Denis and watch his snapchats, but I don't think I have communication with any of the rest of you!

A little update on me because I know I've been gone for so long! I recently got my R6 in full street legal condition (about 2 weeks ago) and have put over 500 miles on it since then. I commute on it through the LA traffic on a daily basis for the most part. I'll put a picture of it at the bottom of this post. I've hosted one ride so far that was successful, we only had 6 riders total but it was good. I have another ride coming up this weekend and it looks like it's going to be hot as hell!

As far as my life goes, I was notified at work that I would be getting laid off, but wasn't given an exact date. With that being said this has no dragged on for over a month and this week will officially be my final week here. I filed for unemployment already since I haven't had success finding a new job that was willing to compensate me the current amount I'm being compensated, and have therefore decided to attempt to do school full time and schooling is kicking my ass.

I guess that's all, I'll be around a bit more if others are, and I look forward to getting in touch with everyone again! Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive design

#5,808 ·
What's up, Jonnie? I still pop in here daily, but everyone else has mostly bailed.

Paul, I try. Keeps me busy until/if I get another bike.

I guess that's life. It gets in the way of things. Nothing really I guess. I'm being laid off and hitting the books harder then before. I'm hosting Sunday rides every 2-3 weeks and getting better and better at wheelies (but I still suck and doing a wheelie on the R6 is a little sketchy vs the CBR) my back hates me. I have a blown right fork seal. I'm broke. Every girl I try to talk to curb's me or friend zones me, and recently I've been smoking a fairly significant amount of weed! That's what's up!

I'm probably gonna start riding my bicycle to school once I'm completely laid off. Should be the end of this month. I'm also trying to lose weight, not so successful at that despite drastic changes in my eating habits.

Life is great and it sucks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.