Votes: 15 37.5%
  • 2x2 Twill

Votes: 25 62.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.

CARBON FIBER: 2x2 Twill vs Plain Weave

11K views 51 replies 24 participants last post by  longisland04RR 
#1 ·
I am looking at getting into the Carbon Fiber biz and was curious to see which pattern my future consumers like best and are more likely to buy.

Plain Weave

2x2 Twill

Thanks!

See less See more
#5 ·
Plain for me!

If you have reasonable prices, quick shipping, wide selection, we will probably become good friends - especially if you start this winter!

#23 · (Edited)
Plain for me!

If you have reasonable prices, quick shipping, wide selection, we will probably become good friends - especially if you start this winter!

I want some cf parts yo!!! 2x2 for the motha f***ing win!!

Now make that mother f***'n hammer time!!!!

NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS!!
I have been reading on some other forums about those who have started Carbon Fiber Refabricating and the moment they opened their doors it's as if they fell off the face of the Earth.
I don't want that happening so I am planning ahead, I feel that customer service is equally 50% of the deal.
With that said, I have listed below the people who have inquired about getting some parts. Please PM me or post a message in this thread to claim your spot now! Thanks!

1.) BJYORKO
2.) WESTXGREASE_MONKAY
3.) IGRAYWOLF
4.) MTANNER
5.) FREEKMAN
6.) Reserve This Spot Now!!
7.) Reserve This Spot Now!!
8.) Reserve This Spot Now!!
9.) Reserve This Spot Now!!
10.) Reserve This Spot Now!!

#16 ·
CF is EXPENSIVE!!! I was thinking of this, just the cost to purchase the CF is ridiculous. Let alone the time you need to put aside to make molds, etc.
What are you thinking of making? Fairings, car parts, or both?

For just starting out I am going to stick to what I know best...600RR parts! lol Then as my clientele grows, so will my parts selection (Hoods, Body Kits, Interior Dash Kits, Etc.)

If you're starting a business offer both, don't wanna leave money on the table...

Again, I am JUST starting lol so I am trying to keep start up costs to a minimum and as "Universal" as I can to everybodies interest. Thus the Poll lol. However, if the poll continues to run so closely then of course I will stock up on both patterns. Hopefully I get a distinct winner though.
Once my clientele grows, so will my selection. Silver CF, Blue CF, Red CF, Plain weave, 2x2 Twill, etc.

:+1 with Fly, offer both if you're thinking of getting into the business, but I will say- I personally like the 2x2 twill better.
I think there's a carbon x kevlar weave out there as well. that might be something to look into to offer for engine covers. The kevlar gives the carbon a bit more puntcure and abrasion resistance.

good luck with the company, look forward to buying parts off of you

I will look into that, thanks for the heads up. Thanks for the interest and I too look forward to serving you and the .Net community!

#10 ·
:+1 with Fly, offer both if you're thinking of getting into the business, but I will say- I personally like the 2x2 twill better.

I think there's a carbon x kevlar weave out there as well. that might be something to look into to offer for engine covers. The kevlar gives the carbon a bit more puntcure and abrasion resistance.

good luck with the company, look forward to buying parts off of you

#17 ·

#18 ·

Lol I will be taking orders soon, My estimated time is 2-3 weeks. This gives a week for the poll to be active and product delivered.

I do request a 10% deposit on all parts ordered and from time of order to finish usually takes 3-4 days. I am in the National Guard so I have all the time in the world and this will be my primary income so the more parts I knock out..the more income I can generate. With that said I will be taking orders and fabricating products ASAP!

Please send me a PM and I will use that as my waiting list for the time being until I can get a set lan line going.

Thanks!

-Rev

#20 · (Edited)
Have you ever done work with composites? Might want to try and make a few pieces see how it goes and post some pictures of them before you start asking for money

Sent from my DROIDX
I have a little under 2 years experiance and still counting. Unfortunately, all proof of my work was lost when my laptop crashed, I wasnt smart enough to back anything up :banghead:. I will admit it has been about 4 months now since I last fabricated anything but thats what the testing is for before I start producing for buyers. I will me making test parts before I actually produce for the customer and everything is test fitted before shipped out to ensure your getting what you pay for.

However, in the years I have been working with composites this will be the start of working with carbon fiber material. Which is slightly only more difficult because I now have a pattern to worry about.

The payment process goes as follows:

-10% deposit which gets deducted towards the final bill. (Remember my prices will be low so deposits will usually be $3-$15. They are simply only there to hold your commitment towards your item and ensures my time spent isn't just going to sit on a shelf somewhere waiting to get sold.)

- The item will be made and photos sent to the buyer. If the buyer likes the product then we move on to the final payment, If the buyer is concerned with the product, I will then explain the concern because many times photos can be deceiving.

- Once the payment is sent the item will be shipped anwhere from same day to 2 business days. In rare cases more than 2 days. Generally The product will be going out within the same day- 1 Business day window.

-Buyer receives the finished product and bolts on a little sexy onto his/her bike! :shakehand

Note: I will NOT take your deposit if I am more than 7 business days behind schedule. However, you WILL be put on a brief waiting list. A phone number where I can reach you at will be mandatory and I will make 3 attempts at reaching you between several days time, after the 3rd attempt I will transfer you from the waiting list to the Stand-By list. The Stand-By list is for those of you who have gone MIA. It is then up to you to contact me within 7 business days. After 7 business days you and your information will be deleted.

#22 ·
Ok just wondering because you said your just starting wasnt sure what you meant.

Sent from my DROIDX

Understandable lol, I wouldn't give a penny to someone who is still in the Guinnea Pig stage either. But rest assured I am not just beginning with this process, I am experianced at mould making, resin Infusion and materials. Just not specifically Carbon Fiber.

There should not be a huge differance in the texture/flexibility of it, only the pattern which now I will have to account for. Again thats not a problem, the time making each product will only increase a bit, other than that it's smooth sailing!

#25 · (Edited)
I have been reading on some other forums about those who have started Carbon Fiber Refabricating and the moment they opened their doors it's as if they fell off the face of the Earth. I don't want that happening so I am planning ahead, I feel that customer service is equally 50% of the deal.
With that said, I have listed below the people who have inquired about getting some parts. Please PM me or leave a message on this thread to claim your spot now! Thanks!

1.) BJYORKO
2.) WESTXGREASE_MONKAY
3.) IGRAYWOLF
4.) MTANNER
5.) FREEKMAN
6.) SPIRITOFKAOS1

Only 4 Slots Left!!

#26 ·
I have been reading on some other forums about those who have started Carbon Fiber Refabricating and the moment they opened their doors it's as if they fell off the face of the Earth. I don't want that happening so I am planning ahead, I feel that customer service is equally 50% of the deal.
With that said, I have listed below the people who have inquired about getting some parts. Please PM me or leave a message on this thread to claim your spot now! Thanks!

1.) BJYORKO
2.) WESTXGREASE_MONKAY
3.) IGRAYWOLF
4.) MTANNER
5.) FREEKMAN
6.) Reserve This Spot Now!!
1.) BJYORKO
2.) WESTXGREASE_MONKAY
3.) IGRAYWOLF
4.) MTANNER
5.) FREEKMAN
6.) spiritofkaos1

#27 · (Edited)
Lol clever Spirit, I will mark you down as #6 and send you your confirmation message. Thanks!

1.) WESTXGREASE_MONKAY
2.) IGRAYWOLF
3.) MTANNER
4.) FREEKMAN
5.) SPIRITOFKAOS1
6.) TAT2

Only 4 Slots Left!!

#28 ·
GOOD NEWS!!! My trip back to Florida went as good as any long distance trip can go and I arrived back here in Florida safely. Now the even better news! I have located a warehouse space much earlier than expected and signed the lease today so in other words...Bring on the Orders!! I will start going down the list starting with IGrayWolf and so forth!
Unfortunately, before I can legitimately sell anything I must frst come up with a name for the business to register it as a vendor on 600rr.net! So speak up! your opinions matter! lol 5% off your first order to anyone who gives me a name I choose. I would like the word "Carbon" in it or something resembling it. Please Help!!

#32 ·
CarbonCraft has been Born!

Okay the name has been decided as CarbonCraft aka C2!

So i'd like to thank everyone in participating in my 2x2 Twill vs Plain Weave and there has been a clear winner!

2x2 Twill- 20 votes!

Plain Weave- 9 votes

So for all you Twill fans COME GET YOUR 2X2 TWILL!!

For all the Plain Weave fans, be patient. In the near future I will be stocking up in that as well.

Taking orders NOW!! PM me or visit the CarbonCraft Vendor page for prices and order placement there as well.

Thanks and i'll be looking forward to spicing up your carbon lives!

#33 ·
Okay the name has been decided as CarbonCraft aka C2!

So i'd like to thank everyone in participating in my 2x2 Twill vs Plain Weave and there has been a clear winner!

2x2 Twill- 20 votes!

Plain Weave- 9 votes

So for all you Twill fans COME GET YOUR 2X2 TWILL!!

For all the Plain Weave fans, be patient. In the near future I will be stocking up in that as well.

Taking orders NOW!! PM me or visit the CarbonCraft Vendor page for prices and order placement there as well.

Thanks and i'll be looking forward to spicing up your carbon lives!

Yo! Put me on this list - just PMed you. And am I retarded, or is the vendor page not up yet? :retard:

#38 ·
Lol I already got a name man but thanks! CarbonCraft is born.

have you gotten any reply's as far as being a vendor goes?
I sent them the initial email saying I wanted to become a vendor selling CF parts etc etc etc.

They replied with only asking me if I had a company website.

I replied with no but eventually in the near future etc etc etc

and thats all. This was now 2 days ago and still no reply from them.

#43 ·
Lol I already got a name man but thanks! CarbonCraft is born.

I sent them the initial email saying I wanted to become a vendor selling CF parts etc etc etc.

They replied with only asking me if I had a company website.

I replied with no but eventually in the near future etc etc etc

and thats all. This was now 2 days ago and still no reply from them.
Oh yeah, that goes to stew, hes usually pretty busy I was going to recommend what trip said.

You can be a vendor by going to User cp at the top of the page and hitting Paid Subscriptions in the bottom left column and purchase vendor status.
Boom this^ looks like you did that though.

Thanks! ill do that now. This will make things a WHOLE lot easier lol.
now that you got that through, if you have any problems with access or something not working pm a message to moeman, nico, rawrr, and administrator and one will get to it in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.