Votes: 15 37.5%
  • 2x2 Twill

Votes: 25 62.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.

CARBON FIBER: 2x2 Twill vs Plain Weave

11K views 51 replies 24 participants last post by  longisland04RR 
#1 ·
I am looking at getting into the Carbon Fiber biz and was curious to see which pattern my future consumers like best and are more likely to buy.

Plain Weave

2x2 Twill

Thanks!

See less See more
#39 ·
You can be a vendor by going to User cp at the top of the page and hitting Paid Subscriptions in the bottom left column and purchase vendor status.

#44 ·
I'd say start up a thread and show some of your work off and make a main question and answer page, or we can make this one into that if you would like...

Besides that things will start rolling with getting it all set up. :cruising::cruising:

Thanks for becoming a vendor and good luck with the biz, cant wait to see your work. and dont forget the love for the older model bikes. :ciao:

#47 ·
YES!!!! lol twill has for lack of better word "Won" the poll and the twill was just ordered this morning along with a ton of supplies.

On behalf of CarbonCraft, myself and those of you such as mtanner would like to give a very special thanks to username Tat2 for sponsoring and funding CarbonCraft!! Without his sponsorship you would all be waiting quite a bit longer unless I were to ask for the majority of people to pay up front which I couldn't swallow the thought of anyone paying for a product with no visual sample of seeing my work. Tat2 believes in me and CarbonCraft will take care of him for his generosity!

If anyone else would like to donate feel free to contact me as I will NOT ask anyone to pay up front (only the 10% deposit) and it will stay that way. Your donations will not go in vein and you will recieve some sort of compensation in the future for them.

Although my Vendor status has been temporarily taken down, still feel free to pm me with orders! Every order is marked down and put into an offline storage so nobody gets lost or forgotten.

Once again thanks to username Tat2 for his support and please if you feel the need to thank him yourself, shoot him a pm! Buy him a beer if your in Montreal! lol :shakehand

#49 ·
Yes I will be, it's a very difficult part to identify, I know when I had my accident that I didn't even know what to call them but the correct term is headlight covers and you will find them in my parts list on my vendor page.

A link to my vendor page is located in my signature. Thanks!

#51 ·
I like twill

And I'm experimenting with carbon myself. I'm not trying to steal your business at all. But I still can't figure out how to make molds. How do you make your molds? If you even feel comfortable answering.g that. No pressure. PM me though if you do.

I was thinking of using like a clay or maybe even overlay a part in fiberglass mat first and let it harden to make a fiberglass mold and lay my CF in there. I want to attempt to make engine case covers and I need a mold first! Haha. If you don't feel comfortable sharing no biggie. I'll hit up Google again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.