Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

A brilliant idea, Birmingham Meet...MOTORCYCLE LIVE!

4K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  brmoore 
#1 · (Edited)
Motorcycle Live is on in Birmingham 24 November, I'd like to ride down but also trying to get my gf to drive down in her car, but i thought this is a great meetup! my gf can't do during the week as she wants to use her holiday when her friend comes up north and she hasn't got any spare left apart from enough for that, so will have to be weekend for me.

Anyway let me know! I think it's the best idea yet :shakehand

BMW is there with their S1000RR HP4 which will get a visit from me, I think Honda's new paint schemes for 2013 Fireblade will be there which is another visit, im hoping 'Get On' will be a visit for my gf(not much chance though), it's my birthday 28th Nov so im trying to guilt trip her down, but she's into music so no doubt it'll backfire and I'll be watching Les Mis musical on her birthday :banghead: haha worthit for me...

Exhibitors: http://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/exhibitors/
Manufacturers: http://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/exhibitors/manufacturers/
What's on: http://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/whats-on/features/
Travel & Parking: www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/information/travel-parking/

MCI Exhibitions Ltd
1 Rye Hill Office Park
Birmingham Road
Allesely
Coventry
CV5 9AB

I think we need some 600rr.net t-shirts or hoodies etc for promotion though :)

See less See more
4 1
#3 · (Edited)
yea im wondering if to go in my gf's car since im dragging her down anyway, and i don't like motorways BUT what are you doing for gear on the test rides? hoping they have gear that fits? i do know some of the booths for the offroading etc will give gear but i'd feel a bit of a plonk walking about in my leathers when I didnt even come down by bike haha :spank:

it's really about 600rr.net'rs being there, i wasn't really on about the ride down

#4 · (Edited)
However anyone is going bus/train/hitchhike/airplane/teleportation, who's actually going to physically be there? Come on can't just be me and MadMatt out of the whole of dot net that will be going to see motorcycle live...poor show!:spank:

MadMatt has his R1 now, but he can still see what he's missing and test ride the 2013 fireblade ;) LOL to be fair i want to sit on that BMW S1000RR HP4, however not much can make me buy that thing, if im going to be ripped off i'd rather have Honda do it than BMW with that road going RCV213V

'Get On' is there so take some non bikers and let them have a free lesson

my gf seems to be making excuses not to go so i'm probably going by bike

#6 ·
30th? well my gf might come after all and she doesnt have holidays to spare so gonna be 24th for me as thats a saturday it'd have been nice to go down on the wednesday as its my birthday but thurs definite no as thats my driving test, makes it difficult then since she's going down by car makes sense for me to go with, same petrol cost, plus she has to pay £9 parking if im in the car or not...more worthit if im in it too :retard: but so far still going by bike as she does bail out of things last minute

#7 · (Edited)
Some manufacturers that have confirmed will be giving vehicles for test rides, I'm hoping they bring these(as models are not confirmed yet, it's 20mins a go, accompanied):

2013 Honda CBR1000RR

2013 Yamaha R1

2013 Suzuki GSXR1000

2013 KTM RC8R

2013 Kawasaki ZX10R

2013 Ducati 1199

Ducati I'm not really fond of, never liked the looks/cost anything about them, but thats in my 'wants' to test ride well...just because, so i have an unbiased opinion

#9 · (Edited)
Apparently the news is out next monday, but we'll see...600's make them the most money, 600's sell much more than 1000's

but if you have a litre bike now surely you can't be tempted back into a 600rr :poke:

hate to be the team designing the 2013 600rr...they'll either be kings or there will be a loud bang at dawn at a honda hq somewhere...and then the unmistakable clicks of a bolt action rifle being reloaded for the next bloke...haha

#10 ·
i presume the s1000rr hp4 carbon will be there,shame theres no test rides on those (or is there?)

#11 · (Edited)
Oh you can bet they'll be showing that off, on a stand, as BMW are offering a whopping...NOTHING for test ride, damn party poopers...s1000rr would have been on my 'to-test' list if it was available.

I did try to test ride the gsxr, but suzuki wouldn't let me...honda(yes rochdale again) are literally part of the same group operating there and are next door, handed me keys to a fireblade...but video's like vecci's make me want to try one(this is part of a bad company series, but his bike was stolen):

for me they got me when i did some training and a guy arrived on those nice k6-k7 gsxr600's and suzuki makes nice stock exhaust sound, i like the rear ends with the integrated signals, but just look at the roads vecci rides on...mmmmmmm

#12 ·
I needed to book a driving lesson 24th as only day light hours i can afford before my test so I think I'll be down 25th now, but my gf aint coming by the looks of it since her cars now leaking or something(i did say sun roofs on old cars are a bad idea not sure if thats it yet) and she's used all of her money(yet she's bought me knox gloves...i told her to save money for motorcycle live I'd take that over any present but yea, she's ignored me)

So on my bill :crackup:Won't be as entertaining by myself so i'll have to take the bike down and i'll just be focusing on test rides...so if I get there and I can't test ride due to whatever reason they don't have bikes or it's full etc it's gonna be **** lol:cursin:

alternatively I could go down on my actual birthday as I've booked that off work next wednesday(28)...just because i can and have the holidays

#14 · (Edited)
yea my bills are mounting, not even sure if I'm going, which is going to be really crap if I cant, but where do you see the models they still say TBC on the website?

good idea about wednesday though i do want to test ride thats the reason im going down not really bothered about the manufacturers showing off or the gear companies etc or the events just want to jump on as many bikes as I can and see what they're like, never ridden kawasaki's at all for example, never liked them but still want to see how they ride

#16 ·
Here is the list mate..

http://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/features/test-ride-zone/

Not to much to choose from to be honest. If theres wasn't so many of us going mate you would have been more than welcome to jump in.. Don't forget Manchester bike show is on in January...
just as well i only like the look of the R1 and the 848 Evo off that list, as I think I may now be out of pocket over £600 on something that has come up, and I don't even have £600 so there goes motorcycle live for me...

oh well, enjoy it and take pics for the rest of us :shakehand

#18 ·
br moore you can only have one test ride on one bike on any given day anyway so you wouldnt have been able to test multiple bikes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.