Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Redliner's Build " 2007 Pearl White RR "

16K views 115 replies 48 participants last post by  redlinernyc 
#1 ·
Surprise? Not really hehe. I bet a few members here called it when I got the GSXR 750. Picked this up late July as it replaced my 07 blue/silver 600rr.

It was a good bike, but I didn't really feel that extra umph regarding the power. I mean it was there on the extreme top end but even then it was marginal at best. Compared to my last 07 600rr, 6th gear highway pulls felt the same. Low rpm acceleration went similar too. I guess the major power difference comes with the liter bikes. I missed how much lighter the 07-08 600rr was and how I could man handle that bike because it was so flick-able. Long story short, I racked up 5k miles in the 2.5 months I had the GSXR 750 then saw that a local HONDA dealership had a white/silver 2007 600rr.

I knew my bike was worth more and that they would sell it for more so I got them to take my bike, trade me the 600rr plus give me cash on top. I had to fight for it because no dealership wants to shell out money, but I got an amount I was happy with.

The bike is damn near mint with 1700 miles. Only real mod is a Jardine slip-on. Unfortunately the original owner who had it before me was probably short, so the bike is lowered. I ordered a used OEM dog bone link on ebay so I'll be raising it back up. That's the only part I need right? I see a triangular piece attached to the aftermarket lowering link but it "seems" OEM.

What I did so far was paint subframe and passenger pegs flat black. Also painted the inside of the OEM windscreen flat black. My Zero Gravity windscreen is on it's way anyway. What I need, as the pictures will show, is flushmounts for the front (ordered Hotbodies) and a Tripage IT. HIDs are en route as well.

So what do you guys think?

See less See more
#30 ·
I think the Duc. 848 would have had a noticeable difference in power. Hard to beat the "L" engine in low end torque.
Why didn't you just go for the Fireblade? Seems like the natural decision if your not impressed by 750cc's...

#31 ·
As far as the 750s go, they might not "feel" that fast, but on the track it's noticable. I ran side by side against some 750s at the track at MSR Cresson and TWS in Texas and they literally just walk on you in the straight. I had to cut some pretty aggressive lines through the corners and carry as much speed on to the straight as I could just to get by them, and even then I usually got out-drag raced. It's definately a faster bike.

#32 ·
Obviously it's a faster bike. I even admitted that earlier in one of my posts. On paper it is faster but for my non-track riding I didn't notice what the hype was all about. On the track there could also be a million reasons for 750s to pass you such as modifications, rider weight, what year rr you have etc. I'm convinced the 07-08's midrange is just that good which is why both bikes feel similar. I agree the 750 has to be a little faster but in my opinion it's marginal.

When Honda fixes the kinks with oil burning with their 1000rrs then I'm picking one up but am not selling this bike. All in all I have nothing bad to say about Suzuki. The build quality is very good and the bikes have nice added touches that cbr's don't have such as gear indicators, power modes and no ugly stock fenders.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#37 ·
My IT (Tripage) and FE (TST) were supposed to be here already according to USPS status but I guess with the Hurricane it got delayed. So in anticipation of these things I already cut the battery case. I've installed the IT before so once it arrives it'll go in within no time.
Put the tail back on because I want to keep riding it.

I did get to install flushmounts and techspec tank grips

#38 ·
IT came in. Since I took off the OEM fender I lost the license plate holder so I had to improvise till the real FE comes in. I just used zip ties and it's on really sturdy. I have no worries that it won't hold. Again, it's temporary.

#41 ·
Bought the bike with the exhaust already installed so I didn't mess with the heat shield.

Damnit I want to ride but there's a gas situation in the northeast and either gas stations don't have the power to pump gas OR you're looking at a 3 hr wait for gas

#44 ·
I've never bothered with a full system on a street bike, but I feel with this bike I want to do more than I have in the past. Even if it's not necessary I want a full Akra or Leo Vince followed by a custom dyno map. I hear the LV Corsa is overkill for stock engines, so I'm glad I don't have to shell out $1700. The basic LV and Akra's are in the $1200 range so that's better. Hopefully I can get some deals from the vendors here over the Christmas holiday.

Plus, I like to stretch my gears out a lot which includes riding in the upper RPM range. So I'll probably get good use out of a full system.

#46 ·
Yep. As mentioned in a previous post, that tag bracket is temporarily held on by zip ties while waiting for the triage tag bracket. I got a light to work with that too

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#54 ·
I love the Jardine! Sounds better than the Leo Vince on my last bike

coming along nicely man. btw thinking you should delete the old bikes in your sig; im confused now haha
You know what's funny? My sig doesn't even include the red 07 600rr I had before the blue one because I don't want to look like a crazy :banghead:

#60 · (Edited)
and...raised :)

and for reference, the bike when I first got it

What's been done thus far:

Painted subframe
Painted passenger pegs
Tripage IT tail light
Tripage FE
Zero Gravity windscreen
Flushmounts
Wheel stripes
Raised bike to OE specs
Techspec tank pads
JPR levers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.