Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Need a solution for BREMBO RCS clearance...

4K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  CNI Dawg 
#1 ·
I just installed a Brembo RCS on the stock clip-ons.
As I'm sure, most of you already know about the adjuster hitting the dash when the bars are turned all the way to the left.

If I were to get a set of Woodcraft 48mm clip-on with no rise, will this fix the issue?

#4 ·
some guys that run the rcs with the stock setup just dont go lock to lock, that just means that 3 point turn becomes like 5 or 6. Thats what i did before my bike had track glass.

#21 ·
that would work but i want the switch to be within reach of my thumb if something unexpected happens like the throttle getting stuck or worse.

even with clip-on bars the damn knob still hits, it's impossible to put a remote adjuster on the RCS with our setup.

#25 · (Edited)
Thanks!

I ordered a standard set of Woodcraft 48mm clip ons and the Brembo RCS adjuster no longer hits the dash. BUT, the stock clip ons have a 1" rise so the standard Woodcraft's allowed very little clearance with the ram air covers.

I will exchange them for 1" rise clip ons and see if that will make the difference. I'll report back with my findings.

Hope this thread helps out anyone whose looking for a solution!

#26 · (Edited)
We had the same problem when we bought our backup endurance bike
Bought an 19x18 so both the A & B bikes have same parts
Since levers are different we have to stock fewer parts for crash repair running same MC on both bikes

PLUS the friggin RCS doesn't bump the speedo !
You can set the RCS up with clip-ons to not hit but if you crash & bend the upper fairing stay you could be in trouble with the RCS hitting again

My advice - sell it & buy a 19x18 !
spend the money saved on clip-ons

:)

Oh - it's also easier to run the TMV (brembo style) remote lever adjuster on the 19x18 on our vintage 600RR's
No room for it with the RCS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.