Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

MOTYDESIGN Light weight Battery

31K views 127 replies 49 participants last post by  Moeman 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start by saying Brian (BrowningBuck ) is really great to deal with his customer service is top notch :banger:, his products regardless of being the MotyDesign lightweight battery or the MotyDesign Cluster led upgrade / Gear indicator are Brillaint & top notch :shakehand , shipping with US postal service is fast you will get your oder within 4 to 5 days of your order tracking numbers will be provided as well just ask :cruising: he will gladly provide such info :thumbup:

I recently received my MotyDesign Lightweight battery and boy OH boy was i impressed talking about lightweight , size , asm , design , how easy it is to install. The package came complete with evreything needed even the heat shrink wrap was there and a huge portion of it too not just a piece to barely secure the ends of the wirings connections like other companies out there that give you so limited supply of what is needed to do the job right :spank: even though you pay top dollar for their product :cursin: this simply tells us all that he really cares and is dedicated to offer top notch product & being an RR addict like most of us who loves his bikes and uses nothing but the best parts customer service and a brilliant working product is what he strives for

Brian thank you so much look forward to another review when i get my cluster today or tomorrow i can not wait :rocker:

Here is a picture of the battery installed on Miss O'Seven yes folks i did shrink the heat shrink
after i took the picture

See less See more
#97 ·
i dont see how you trolling MY review with inferior product is relevant though? did anywhere in the title it say "what do you think of other products?"

#106 · (Edited)
that port is for balance charging if you ever need to use it on a total loss bike. the reason we made the rectangular battery was really to replace 90% of the smaller hard case purchases. we feel that if you want small you should go with the 8 post or QD version as it better fits the idea of a small design and the lightest weight possible and the QD adds the feature of being able to pull the battery with out tools. The new design takes care of the other group that needs a quality long lasting battery thats still about 1.5lbs but isnt looking for small size. this case mimics the OEM size but still is only 1.5lbs, this means no modification or fillers are needed when you mount the battery.

#109 ·
havent checked with shipping yet, did you go with the new OEM case design? they have become my favorite :)

#111 ·
I can't wait to purchase this battery. Treated myself to the Volt HID kit, this is next on my list

#114 ·
How much is the motydesign cluster upgrade w/ gear shift indicator for a '06 RR?

Thanks and sorry if this was already mentioned, I did a quick search and only saw outdated posts.

Thanks,

Ralph

#116 ·
I got one of the 8 cells with the quick disconnect. Had it the 2012 riding season, wanted to get some miles on it before putting in any comments. Overall this battery gets my full endorsement. The cost is really not that much different from other batteries, but it is for sure higher power, smaller, and lighter. Plus the quick disconnect is nice, as for some reason I hate undoing the posts when I take my battery out like one time a year. In regards to cranking power, I have 6-7 starts after sitting outside at work all day (9-10 hours), with a high of 40F. Fired right up in cold weather. Does what it is supposed to do.

#117 · (Edited)
Nice!!
What about full spectrum battery's?? Any one experiences ?

Looks like I'll be ordering one ...in march. What polarity again ? Standard or reverse? Can u explain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.