Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Redliner's Build " 2007 Pearl White RR "

16K views 115 replies 48 participants last post by  redlinernyc 
#1 ·
Surprise? Not really hehe. I bet a few members here called it when I got the GSXR 750. Picked this up late July as it replaced my 07 blue/silver 600rr.

It was a good bike, but I didn't really feel that extra umph regarding the power. I mean it was there on the extreme top end but even then it was marginal at best. Compared to my last 07 600rr, 6th gear highway pulls felt the same. Low rpm acceleration went similar too. I guess the major power difference comes with the liter bikes. I missed how much lighter the 07-08 600rr was and how I could man handle that bike because it was so flick-able. Long story short, I racked up 5k miles in the 2.5 months I had the GSXR 750 then saw that a local HONDA dealership had a white/silver 2007 600rr.

I knew my bike was worth more and that they would sell it for more so I got them to take my bike, trade me the 600rr plus give me cash on top. I had to fight for it because no dealership wants to shell out money, but I got an amount I was happy with.

The bike is damn near mint with 1700 miles. Only real mod is a Jardine slip-on. Unfortunately the original owner who had it before me was probably short, so the bike is lowered. I ordered a used OEM dog bone link on ebay so I'll be raising it back up. That's the only part I need right? I see a triangular piece attached to the aftermarket lowering link but it "seems" OEM.

What I did so far was paint subframe and passenger pegs flat black. Also painted the inside of the OEM windscreen flat black. My Zero Gravity windscreen is on it's way anyway. What I need, as the pictures will show, is flushmounts for the front (ordered Hotbodies) and a Tripage IT. HIDs are en route as well.

So what do you guys think?

See less See more
#63 ·
In terms of sound, the Jardine is easiest the best sounding exhaust I've had on ANY bike. I've grown accustomed to the look. But I am going full Akra or Leo Vince next spring so it'll be gone

#64 ·
I wish Akra still used the exhaust muffler from the 05-06 on the 07+. That would easily be the best looking full/slip-on exhaust. I'm a little surprised you want a Leo again. I figured since you had that you would go with something else this time. I know if I had the option to buy again I would trade my Leo for something else.

#65 ·
Who knows. It'll all come down to what's the cheapest when I'm ready. So far I'm diggin the jardine a lot! The bike is pretty much where I want it to be in a cosmetic sense. The rearsets need to be PC'd (not painting these). Then exterior will be done

Still waiting on my ddm HIDs though. I'm not ordering from them again. This is the second time it's taken over 2 weeks for an item to come.

#66 ·
Welcome back to the dark side ;)

Congrats!

(It's been MONTHS since I posted on here. Feel special LOL)

#67 ·
This picture inspired me to PC my wheels white

http://www.600rr.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=26682&d=1335457911

How effin hot does that look? I don't care about the wheels getting dirty either. This might be my next mod. I would probably drop it off at my mechanic's shop and have him dismount everything including the tires and send it over to his PC guy. I'll probably have him mount some Q2's on in the process.

Anyone know APPROXIMATELY how much PC'ing wheels would cost?

#68 ·
This picture inspired me to PC my wheels white

http://www.600rr.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=26682&d=1335457911

How effin hot does that look? I don't care about the wheels getting dirty either. This might be my next mod. I would probably drop it off at my mechanic's shop and have him dismount everything including the tires and send it over to his PC guy. I'll probably have him mount some Q2's on in the process.

Anyone know APPROXIMATELY how much PC'ing wheels would cost?
That has been on my mind to do for a long time. Love the look of white wheels. Just need to get down and do it already. I know Tripage tries to keep his rates competitive even with the price of shipping wheels. Would be worth the time to inquire how much from him.

#70 ·
If I was local to tripage then absolutely. But being that I'd have to ship my wheels to him, that would cost a lot. So going the tripage route here wouldn't really be cost effective.

#74 ·
Plasti dip the tail. If you dont like it you can always swtitch back real easily.

#79 ·
Been unemployed since May (when I finished my MBA) and still can't find a damn job. Between spending countless hours applying to jobs online, I manage to have the time to do DIY jobs on the bike. Today I painted the rearsets. This same paint proved to be durable on my last 07 when I did the rearsets - there was no chipping. So instead of forking over money to get them PC'd, I painted these as well.

cleaned and lubed chain too

#81 ·
rearsets look good man, btw get rid of those nasty swing arm decals lol :p Also want to mention about HID kits, not sure what your plan is, but no way in hell id buy a kit that didnt have UV cut bulbs, my old ddm kit caused the "hazing" or "fogging" on my low side, dont risk this happening to you! trust me you'll be pissed if it happens. For some reason it doenst happen to everyone? just wanted to mention that

#83 · (Edited)
thanks guys!

I actually did get a HID kit. It was all plugged up and everything, but I couldn't, for the life of me, find a nice place for the ballast and that other rectangular box to sit inside the fairing. There seemed to be too much interference and the fairings wouldn't join together flush. I'm not a perfectionist, but I couldn't stand the way the fairings weren't lining up. SOMETHING wasn't sitting right, but it's getting cold and I don't have the patience to do this outside in the cold. I put the kit away and will tackle it once spring comes. I even cut out a nice hole behind the lens cover...so the job was more/less done, but the fairings fitment was bad with the ballast box and that other rectangular box attached to the HID.

I had one of those alleged "Xenon HID style look" bulbs laying around in the H7 size. It's far from looking like an HID (like the picture shows) lol but I will say in person it's a tad more white even though it's just a bulb replacement.

#87 · (Edited)
Hm...I'll try mounting it to the frame. I could see how that would work. Will give it a shot in the Spring!

Got to take some better pics since it was raining yesterday

When I got the bike

#88 · (Edited)
In a little over a month of ownership, here is what's been changed/modded

- Jardine RT-1
- Tech Spec tank pads
- Hotbodies front flushmounts
- Zero Gravity windscreen
- Wheel tape
- Painted subframe, rearsets, pegs
- Tripage IT
- JPR levers
- Tripage license plate bracket
- Swingarm spools
- Amsoil oil
- Raised bike back to stock height with stock length kickstand

#90 ·
Look what I scored for $40!...a black cowl in "good" condition, relatively speaking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-HONDA-...HbQAkfvOwLp6C08snGyzY0I=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Auction started at $25 and I got it for $27 plus shipping. Win?! I'm not even concerned with that little rash on the left hand side. I have some VERY close matching touch up paint that'll be applied once that area is sanded down.

And something else that caught me by surpsie...Arai RX-Q gifted to me by my gf and my buddy. My very first Arai! I have a Shoei RF1100 as well, but it's nice to finally have an Arai :). It's funny because I was in talks with Jason from STG about buying this, but my gf and buddy were in talks with him all along trying to surprise me. He would have told me it was sold out once I was ready to buy, so that I don't end up getting 2 Arai's ha. So shout out to Jason!

This brightened up my day...a day where I spent 7 hours applying to jobs yet again :banghead:

Reactions: makct04
#110 ·
Nice build thread! The white and silver 2007 is one of my favorite bikes.
And something else that caught me by surpsie...Arai RX-Q gifted to me by my gf and my buddy. My very first Arai! I have a Shoei RF1100 as well, but it's nice to finally have an Arai :).
Nice helmet! I wore an RF-1100, too. It started feeling loose so I went to try one on in a smaller size. Turns out they don't fit my head shape - there was pressure along the mid-sides. Same for the X-Twelve.

Tried on some Arais, they fit very well, bought some Arais. lol

And congratulations on the new job!

#93 ·
Definitely not loving the black tail. Installed it and it just isnt flowing with the bike. Going to sell it and put the white tail back on :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.