Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

46 back on the M1 ***SPOILER***

65K views 539 replies 46 participants last post by  CBR Time 
#1 · (Edited)

"The final race in Valencia will be “very emotional,” Rossi said, “because I find a good atmosphere and good people to work and to make the race together. And I always make a group with my team, but not for choice, but because is like this. Maybe it’s my character. For sure it will be very hard to say ciao to the guys. But at the same time we’re not able to achieve any good results so is a good decision for me and I cannot wait to ride the M1.”

He also talks about Stoner being the only one to "master" the Duc

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_..._forward_to_yamaha/viewall.html#ixzz2B1iwqnRs

I'm looking foward to watching VR next season already, sad i know :p

See less See more
#35 ·
You guys have not mentioned the Uk lads Crutchlow , Bradley Smith on the Monster Yamaha Crutchlow was fast this season tasted the poduim already and I am sure with more riding time under his belt he will get faster and faster .

Bradley smith is another Rockie who will have a great start just like Marquez them lads are fearless and are very technical in their ability so watch out Mo To GP

#38 ·
You guys have not mentioned the Uk lads Crutchlow , Bradley Smith on the Monster Yamaha Crutchlow was fast this season tasted the poduim already and I am sure with more riding time under his belt he will get faster and faster .

Bradley smith is another Rockie who will have a great start just like Marquez them lads are fearless and are very technical in their ability so watch out Mo To GP
This is a Rossi only thread haha jk, Yup def some fearless rookies there, Marquez from last to first, i mean what a way to finish off his moto2, hes looking good out there. Going to put this out there, im thinking he will have a few "run ins" w other riders, reminds me of a certain 58 ;)

#48 ·
Will def be an interesting first race, i think Marquez will go balls out for a podium spot in his first race, he's not going to care whose in his way lol, and yeah i hope for Dovis sake he's able to figure out the Duc and fast!!

#50 ·
#52 · (Edited)
another article about him saying he expects to be #2 and has nothing to loose
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103925
I think the keyword in the article's title is 'START'. At the start of the season sure Rossi wouldn't mind others thinking he is number 2 but by midway or towards the end, I'm guessing it will be a completely different story.

Dude, that Stoner pic in the sig is awesome!

BTW: do you store your bike on the rearstand?

#54 ·
I think the keyword in the article's title is 'START'. At the start of the season sure Rossi wouldn't mind others thinking he is number 2 but by midway or towards the end, I'm guessing it will be a completely different story.

Dude, that Stoner pic in the sig is awesome!

BTW: do you store your bike on the rearstand?
you're prob right on that call. Yup thats one of my fav pic of him ;) Bike is stored on both front and rear stands why?

#57 ·
^ so you have a rear spooled stand? or pad stand? a week i wouldnt worry about it, although putting it on the stand never hurts. In the summer i dont use the stands unless im cleaning bike or cleaning chain

#73 · (Edited)
^ so you have a rear spooled stand? or pad stand? a week i wouldnt worry about it, although putting it on the stand never hurts. In the summer i dont use the stands unless im cleaning bike or cleaning chain
I have a padded stand for the swingarm, it's made by Black Widow if you have heard of them. So if the bike isn't going to move for a month putting it on the rear stand would be a good idea I take it.

Guess I'm the only one that likes the lengthy break down posts with fact checking around here.
Nope, I enjoy reading his posts as well :shakehand

Yamaha voicing their displeasure of Motegi 2010 is horse ****. Sure Vale took points from Lorenzo but keep in mind Pedrosa was out of the race so Lorenzo pretty much won the title already. Also..he spent most of the race behind Rossi...he decided to pass him when he could have simply hung back and collected the points. Fair play to Lorenzo since this is racing but they can't fault Rossi for fighting for the podium

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Exactly! Jarvis is acting like Rossi was threatening Lorenzo's title chances?! It was already in the bag for Lorenzo and he decided to be a superhero and take Rossi on when he didn't need to. I understand he has spirit and wants to win all the time, but he must also understand the likes of Rossi (no one like him really) and other riders even will not let you just pass by without a fight. Motegi was one of the best races I have ever seen; I was breathless for the last 3 laps.

Naw man its all good, Blu is just keeping me honest. Sometimes I look a my posts and I'm like WTF dude that took 15 mins to write and spell check and probably like 2 ppl are going to read it. LOL.

Should change my user name to ShortStoryMadeLong
LOL, more than 2 I'm sure, but if only I knew where that Green Door was :retard:

Although I don't always agree with your pro-stoner, anti-rossi views, your probably the most up to date moto gp person on the site greendoor. And I read just about all of the post I see. Sometimes I wonder if you have a job in the field. I'm thinking a paid PR guy for HRC lol.
I second that, come clean before it's too late, who do you work for?!

#61 ·
In motorsports as far as 1rst or 2nd rider goes the true litmus test is who the team chooses to follow when there is a split in development direction. Lin Jarvis has made it very clear from the beginning that if there is a disagreement between Jorge and Vale that the development would be done towards Jorges wishes. Link

We can split hairs on fighting for podiums, most wins what ever, but end of the day the honours of lead rider really mean development lead in a team. Luckily enough Lin also says he doesn't see that as a problem since both Jorge and Vale have similar driving styles and often want to drive development in similar directions. And Yamaha would be supplying both riders with identical equipment.

I think we are also fooling ourselves to believe that the Japan 2010 situation will be allowed this time around (one rider on the verge of clinching a championship being hurried by his team mate, Catalonia 2008 is an entirely different situation). If you watch 2002 - 2012 A Decade in MotoGP you can see Lin Jarvis was clearly not pleased with what happened in Japan and from his comments that sentiment was made very clear to Vale that it would not be looked on kindly.

'The risk of a competitive Valentino Rossi is that he could take valuable points from Jorge Lorenzo in the final stretch of the title race, as he had done in Motegi in 2010. Was that a risk? It was something they had talked about, Jarvis admitted. "In the process of discussion with Valentino, we have obviously taken the opportunity to talk about the past. I think the situation in the team will be different, I think there's a different dynamic. In the previous team, Valentino was number 1, Jorge was the arriving youngster, and this created some obvious tensions at that stage. The dynamics will be quite different now. We have clarified the previous issues and explained obviously that we don't want to see any situations where our riders will be, shall we say, endangering the results of the other one. So this is always difficult where you have two strong riders, so I don't say that the next two seasons will be easy. It's never easy to manage a team with two top riders. But I believe we can manage that."' - Link

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.