Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

MotoGP 2013 Off Season/Testing Discussion

45K views 375 replies 51 participants last post by  stephygee 
#1 ·
With 2012 done and dusted... Tomorrow brings some young blood, new relationships and re acquaintances... eager to see tomorrows times.

See less See more
#2 ·
Can't wait for tomorrow/tonight!

Sent from my iPhone25S(27ft by2.5in screen)

#12 ·
I'm excited about Marquez moving up. He has a style that other pros seem to have lost... Like actually taking risks. That's what made moto2 more exciting to watch, although the transition to the GP bikes might affect that.

I'm rooting for Pedrosa next year. He should have champion this year, but there was too much bad luck for him. You can tell he has more skill than Lorenzo.

#13 ·
I'm rooting for Pedrosa next year. He should have champion this year, but there was too much bad luck for him. You can tell he has more skill than Lorenzo.
He and Lorenzo had almost the same bad luck. Pedrosa made an error at Phillip Island that, essentially, cost him the championship. Of course(as the commentators said at Valencia) this is all ifs and buts, but you get the idea. I think Pedrosa is on the ragged edge, man. I feel like if/when he does get a championship, it will be his last or second to last season in the GP. I think he will have burnt himself out getting it.

Lorenzo, as much as you may dislike the character, is a fantastic racer. Late on the braking, fast on the exits. He even out-drug Dani on a few of the starts this year. 1st and 2nd finishes in every race he finished this year is pretty big. I won't say impressive, because he was only really racing about four other people(Stoner, Pedrosa, Crutchlow and Dovi or Nakasuga... lol). Who else was consistently at the front of the group to challenge them? Wasn't Spies or Hayden. Rossi? Bradl had a few pushes. But all of them were one-off runs for the podium.

I think Lorenzo and Pedrosa are great riders and Dani definitely brought his game up this year. As it stands though, I don't know that either is more skilled than the other but just skilled in different places. Dani chased Jorge down, the final race was indicative of his whole season really. If he hadn't of had that get-off in P.I. it may have been a whole different championship. But that get-off may just be a small window into the pressure Dani was under all season.. /shrug.

#15 ·
Thats because the M1 was better than Honda's RC. Pedrosa, and especially Stoner, are better riders than Lorenzo, but his bike proved to make the difference. All season long, the Repsols were struggling with stability, particularly in the front wheel. Their front wheels were going left/right in the turns, idk how they held it together.
By the 2nd half, Pedrosa made Lorenzo look easy. Stuck with him in the turns, and easily passed him in the straight. Also, that race in Malaysia?, Lorenzo was looking so sad out there...Pedrosa was racing like it was dry, and Stoner was about to catch him if he didnt cry and put his hand up.

Bottom line, out of the three's most impressive moments, Stoner and Pedrosa still performed better. Only they were outlucked by Lorenzo on his better bike...Rossi's bike, that is

#17 ·
...tl;dr...
I'm going to assume your trolling with your comments, its hard to take any of it seriously?

"Thats because the M1 was better than Honda's RC"
"Pedrosa, and especially Stoner, are better riders than Lorenzo"
"Their front wheels were going left/right in the turns"
"Lorenzo was looking so sad out there...Pedrosa was racing like it was dry"
"outlucked by Lorenzo on his better bike...Rossi's bike, that is"

Either that your message may be getting lost in translation.

#23 ·
I'm a huge rossi fan myself, but some people seem to forget that its a team effort, rossi, lorenzo, pedrosa, they all need a good team behind them. the manfacturer designs & develops the bike, not the rider. the rider provides feedback, the designers/engineers take the feedback + data & make required changes to suit the rider.

I've said it elsewhere, a good rider needs good equipment to win, even the best rider in the world won't win on a dud bike. so the its the manufacturer's job to develop a decent bike for the rider to work with.

#31 ·
#35 ·
Updated 2013 MotoGP rider line-up

Latest 2013 MotoGP rider line-up following the announcement that Bryan Staring will race for Gresini...

Factory team MotoGP riders (6):
Jorge Lorenzo SPA - Factory Yamaha rider until end of 2014.
Valentino Rossi ITA - Factory Yamaha until the end of 2014.
Dani Pedrosa SPA - Repsol Honda rider until the end of 2014.
Marc Marquez SPA - Repsol Honda rider until the end of 2014.
Nicky Hayden USA - Ducati Team until the end of 2013.
Andrea Dovizioso ITA - Ducati Team until the end of 2014.

Satellite team MotoGP riders (6):
Cal Crutchlow GBR - Tech 3 Yamaha until the end of 2013.
Bradley Smith GBR - Tech 3 Yamaha until the end of 2014.
Ben Spies USA - Pramac Ducati until the end of 2013.
Andrea Iannone ITA - Pramac Ducati until the end of 2013.
Stefan Bradl GER - LCR Honda/HRC until the end of 2014.
Alvaro Bautista SPA - Gresini Honda until the end of 2013.

CRT MotoGP riders (9):
Colin Edwards USA - Forward Racing until the end of 2013.
Claudio Corti ITA - Forward Racing until the end of 2013.
Karel Abraham CZE - Cardion AB until the end of 2013.
Randy de Puniet FRA - Power Electronics Aspar until the end of 2013.
Alex Espargaro SPA- Power Electronics Aspar until the end of 2013.
Hiroshi Aoyama JPN - Avintia Blusens until the end of 2013.
Hector Barbera SPA - Avintia Blusens until the end of 2013.
Danilo Petrucci ITA - IodaRacing until the end of 2013.
Bryan Staring AUS- Honda Gresini until the end of 2013.

#36 ·
Yonny Hernandez and Michael Laverty have been confirmed as the PBM riders.

Lorenzo has also opted to NOT run w/a #1 plate next year, and stick with #99.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.