Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

MotoGP 2013 Off Season/Testing Discussion

45K views 375 replies 51 participants last post by  stephygee 
#1 ·
With 2012 done and dusted... Tomorrow brings some young blood, new relationships and re acquaintances... eager to see tomorrows times.

See less See more
#51 · (Edited)
Makes you think how much $$$ they offered him compared to satellite Yami and if that was the deciding factor or perhaps Yami didn't want him anymore and this was his only option.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Dovi has more experience and performed much better than Cal. My guess Tech 3 couldnt afford the 3 riders. Their perspective was Cal is more marketable but why have two british riders? Diversity is better IMO and we are not talking about some prodigy (Bradley Smith) Poncharal should not have compiled and signed that contract in such a hurry. Dovi should know that the money he will be paid by Duvati is going to come with some attached heartache in the form of their ox.

looks like that honda was built to be on its side, the lean angle these guys carry is insane!

seems to be just another rossi-esque type move from lorenzo IMO
:+1: on whorghey copying his idol.

If I remember correctly, some riders were commenting on Lorenzo and that what makes him special is obvioulsy his smoothness but on top of that how much lean angle he can carry. I have never heard that comment being used to describe someone's riding before. Thoughts?

Seeing how even with the disaster of the last couple Ducati years Rossi's been #1 over half the time he's been riding. If he would have run #1 plates he would have only run #46 eight times in his career of 17 years. I think the reason to not run #1 was similar to Sheene but in hindsight it was pretty shrewd as he's turned the number 46 into a brand. Had he run the championship number we'd have to rack our brains remembering what his number is half the time. Anyone remember what Doohan's number was? Right? Rossi will be selling merchandise with the number 46 on it long into his retirement while Doohan does another insurance commercial for extra money.
Another medal here Dave, give this man one. He deserves it for this exorbitantly insightful cooment.

I'm amazed at how fast Marco has taken up the pace. Looks like we might see a few all Spanish podiums this year.
Marco is great, but too bad he is still in WSBK :drunk::cruising:

#43 ·
^ Yup lean angles = crazy lol, and haha ya maybe who knows? i know back in the days w Doohan & Rainey after a world championship win they worn #1 plate the following year. Was Rossi the first to not Run #1 plate maybe? Then again, he is "46" so "1" would look funny lol

#45 ·
#46 ·
Seeing how even with the disaster of the last couple Ducati years Rossi's been #1 over half the time he's been riding. If he would have run #1 plates he would have only run #46 eight times in his career of 17 years. I think the reason to not run #1 was similar to Sheene but in hindsight it was pretty shrewd as he's turned the number 46 into a brand. Had he run the championship number we'd have to rack our brains remembering what his number is half the time. Anyone remember what Doohan's number was? Right? Rossi will be selling merchandise with the number 46 on it long into his retirement while Doohan does another insurance commercial for extra money.

#53 ·
So Jlo' really going to run 99? It's his call but I kinda liked that JL in the shape of a 1. Thought it was clever. Were it me I would have run that #1 just so Rossi would have to see it every day from the other side of the garage. Jorge has been more than magnanimous towards Rossi since he left and came back to Yamaha. Considering the stick Rossi was giving him when he showed up you'd figure he might be serving some of it back. Big on him. I think he just plans to try and soundly beat him on equal terms over the next two years. Leave it all on the track.

#54 · (Edited)
#60 · (Edited)
#64 · (Edited)
oh my...aren't these bikes freekin...bland.

But...at least now they actually look RED.

Looks like they lost some sponsorship on the factory bikes.

#65 · (Edited)
Yamaha's marketing for MotoGP 2013 is in full effect too.

Reactions: CBR Time
#69 ·
Yamaha's marketing for MotoGP 2013 is in full effect too.

cool little vid there, man the M1 is SEXYYYY, im always excited for the season to start, and although Stoner is gone :( i cant FN WAIT for this season to start!!:banger:

#71 ·
And we can concentrate on those in GP.

I loved watching Stoner ride, but the more he pisses and moans, the less I like him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.