Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Normal Engine Temperature

28K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  maine_CBR 
#1 ·
Just a quick question, what's the normal standby temperature, mine is usually at 100C, I wonder if there is an overheating problem.

#2 ·
When the bike is warmed up optimism temp to start riding is 165F , the fan turns on to cool off the engine from 220F to 225F , temp can reach up to 240F or so which is kind of high but once you start moving the engine should cool off .If the warning Redvlight turns on you need to pull off right away and shut the bike off BTW 100C=212F that is not bad at all RR engines tend to run hotn any ways
Link for temp conversion http://www.onlineconversion.com/temperature.htm

Reactions: Lieo
#3 ·
74 degrees C in cold weather at low engine workload. 78 degrees C in cold/normal weather with workload. 100 degrees C in warm weather , workload but low speed.

higherst ive ever had was 103 degrees C. you will notice a significant loss of power and she easily stalls at that temperature

#5 ·
#8 ·
Oh, how this reminds me so much of the day when I got my CBR :) Haha, every little thing freaked me out and made me believe that something was wrong with my bike.

#9 ·
Haha, damm right! First time I heard my fan kick on I freaked out a little bit.... Fortunately I was with my R1 buddy and he told me what was going on.... Laughed at me too

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.