Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

head lift stands???

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  AF4iK 
#1 ·
Hi all.
Ive been looking for a quality head lift stand for my 07 600rr. Went to my local bike shop and they had a stand from sharp racing, very good quality stand apart from the fact that with the way the tubing had been bent you had to push the front guard almost to the tire to be able to get the pin in the head. Apparently the 07 and 1 of the zx10 models are the only 2 bikes these stands wont work on.

All the american guys on here suggest the pitbull stands and after contacting them they have told me that they ship here but for a 205USD shipping fee so that ends up a rather expensive exercise.

So my question is has anyone in oz found a good quality stand that they would trust to leave their bike up on that wont cost me a fortune to ship?

#2 ·
#4 ·
if you want a good stand thats worth the money go with pitbull stands..

#6 ·
They'd be looking at spending about 400 just for a stand in that case.

So long as the design, material used, and welds are good any brand stand will be fine. It's less about a name and more about the quality being received. Tubing diameter, wall thickness, material type aluminum/steel/titanium.. Send lightech a message on their website they're good about getting back at you.

#9 · (Edited)
#10 ·
Just a follow up, i found pitbull stands on www.motorsport.com an american site but if you spend over $400 AU you get shipping for $29. So i got the stand and spent a few more dollars on some tools that i needed and get it all shipped for just over $430. Better than buying from pitbull and paying $566 just for a stand
Thanks everyone for the input

#11 ·
Good stuff. For the record, I have a cheap Venom/Gorilla stand. It used to be the type that goes under the forks but I bought the triple-tree attachment and it works great! Feels very sturdy. Some people have said that it rubs the fender but fortunately that isn't the case for me. I do see what some people are saying about the pin not going in all the way when it's attached to the stand. I've noticed this too but it's really only out by a matter of millimeters so no biggie IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.