Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Alaska : the last frontier - an adventure ride .

18K views 109 replies 34 participants last post by  Nuttynu 
#1 · (Edited)
Being that I live in Alaska already, kinda makes it easy for me tour this awesome state.

Starting next week I'll be touring the northen of alaska on my 600rr .

I'll keep ya posted, and get pictures up soon on the trip and how I set up the CBR for touring.

This adventure starts August 1st- 7th 2012

One major attraction on this tour will be riding up to the Arctic Circle.

this is the basic on the route i'll be riding;

Stay tune. You might just want to ride up here next year !
:cruising:

See less See more
#3 ·
That part getting to the arctic circle is what worries me a bit. Because there's about over 50 moles of unpaved road.. So ima take it easy for the cbr

#7 ·
Can't wait to see pics! :) I did a few miles of gravel riding and the cbr seems really unstable. But, the more I rode, the more I got used to it. If you don't get in a hurry, you should be fine. Anyway, looking forward to this!..... :thumbup:

Reactions: Nuttynu
#14 ·
Sounds good ,pm me to meet after.

I've ridden to Homer earlier this season and will be doing another run there for this season at the end of august. If you like we can plan something out . Or I'll let you know what days exactly.

#17 ·
Bike prep & setup .

just some basics stuff on the bike :

Corbin seat, Cox radiator guard, Nelson riggs strap tank bag, Firstgear saddle bags, Michelin Roads 3, Crampbuster... thats all i can think of now. will add on to list later.

made adjustment on rear suspension for the extra luggage.

also swap out my tinted visor on the Arai back to clear for better visibility ,cause i know it's going to rain.

Street Mode

camping stuff

moutings

all saddle up.

basic rundown on what im packing: blue roll is my sleeping pad, green bad contains my sleeping bag, orange bag contains clothes,underwear & 1 person tent. camera tri-pod
Right saddle bag will be carrying rain suit, and food,drinks.
Left saddle bag: basic tools,owners manual,first aid,simple camping gears,MSR cooking w/ butane,tire plug kit and simple little things.
Tank bag: carries camera,phone,maps and all that quick needed item. I was'nt able to pack the 2 gal gas jug, which isnt a big deal, but i might pick up a 1 gal jug just in case.. for this trip gas station are plenty

Location of department:

adventure start in 2days.....

#18 ·
good luck man! sounds like an awesome trip. I am from chicago and would LOVE to make it to alaska some day, i will hopefully...lol

#20 ·
who's said sport bikes can't be touring bikes??

this is going to be a thread worth following!

#25 ·
Yes most of my camp will be stealth tenting, if the weathers is horrible then Ill get a room.
And thanks guys I will get lots of footage.

Leaving tomorrow morning at least by 8 am.

I'll try to update as much but only technology I'll have is my iPhone, so I won't be posting pics until I'm back home .

#30 ·
Honestly a part of me thinks you're nuts. I would say cause the time of year your doing it at, but this entire summer has been pretty crappy for weather. But man, the Tourists that will be on the road.....

Tourist in Alaska that is driving the highway is as follows :

"Oooh Moose.. STOP in the middle of the road"
"Oooh Water.. STOP in the middle of the road"
"Oooh Mountain.. STOP in the middle of the road"

And the large majority of our highway system are only one lane (in each direction).

Be safe, and will be cool to see some of your pictures and people's reactions to them.

#31 ·
Hahah yes nuts... But I love riding and the season is almos done.. Traffic isn't an issue. Were bikes , we can always just pass them... And going north usually ain't that bad as going south.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.