Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

My CBR Light Photography

23K views 189 replies 74 participants last post by  jasonmaynard 
#1 · (Edited)
Did a photoshoot with the bike in the garage last night. "Light photography", all lights off in garage and long exposure with a flashlight lighting up the bike.

Where I took the shots, my garage:

Edit: from post #65. Video Tutorial on how it was shot:
I did all this first take.. Shot with GoPro3.. Unless you are into photography, it might not be very exciting. The first part is me shooting it, and last part is me editing it in photoshop. Skip to 4:00 to see editing. Hope this helps!
Still from what I shot.

Video:

Attachments

See less See more
1 9
#5 ·
Nice skills! Looks like photos Honda wouldve taken.

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! It been over a year since I broke out the camera. I used an LED flashlight:

Here is when I angle the light towards the camera.

#9 ·
You had different plastics when you joined the forum.

I don't see a thread about you getting the red KM set.

You should consider doing a review on them.
Yeah I should. I got them from MotoFanClub. I have all good things to say about them. Just not a writing kind of person though :)

#11 ·
ha, yeah we should!

#21 ·
Camera is a Canon Rebel XTI DSRL (I need to upgrade at some point). I have a remote switch (like this) that you can lock the shutter open when the camera is in BULB mode. Some of the photos are between 1 to 3 minutes of "painting" with the flashlight. As long as the room/area is dark, you can paint for a good while before over exposing.

#23 ·
Gotcha.. Looks like i gotta do a bit of research about painting... Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Just did a quick search on youtube. Found this tutorial. Seems to go over the basics of it pretty well. Its fairly simple to do. You can get a good idea of how it works watching her at 4:20ish:

#30 ·
Thanks guys!

Great video, thanks man deff gonna have to give this a try.. Ive done plenty of night photog, mainly city scapes and bridges out in nyc..
Cool, sounds like you have some great places to shoot your bike! I have some photographer friends that said they'd help me shoot the bike downtown LA in a few weeks. Going to try to hit Lower Grand (was in batman) China Town (all the cool lights) and a few other spots.

Wow. I have a canon eos50d, and I barely know anything , or how to use it full potentially .
Damn . . I need to learn. Plus I don't get they whole painting ... Interesting video.
Yeah, I've found the best way to learn photography stuff is just playing around with the camera and see what you can come up with. 50D is a sweet camera. Much better then my Rebel XTI :)

Nice pictures, looks professionally done. I'm still a noob with my Canon XSI, in fact its been sitting in my closet for a few months now.
Thanks! Yeah before I shot these I hadn't used the camera in almost a year. Whenever I shoot stuff it makes me want to get back into it.

#26 ·
Wow. I have a canon eos50d, and I barely know anything , or how to use it full potentially .
Damn . . I need to learn. Plus I don't get they whole painting ... Interesting video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.