Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

MY RR with the New Decal kit installed

3K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  Zeus30 
#1 ·
So I got my decals from Envision Grafix Aka Planet Superbike after like two weeks of wait and some lies. The rear decal is not exactly how I told them I wanted it but I gave up and just installed it anyway. Keep in mind I will be painting my lowers black shortly. I even got a compliment from a fellow RR rider today. Give me some honest feedback. (Not that I will change it b/c I like it) :lol2:

I swear I'm not Photoshopping those sparkles in my pics hehehehe. Must be the massive amounts of polish or just my camera.

This next one I'm not too crazy about. I installed the perforated vinyl 1. B/c I don't ride at night and 2. B/c I would like to do a trackday and not have to use electrical tape. It's not that bad but I'm not used to the look.

See less See more
#3 ·
you asked for feedback so here it is...

personally I do not like and its not something I'd do but thats just me. The color is the main thing...but the rear decal (and i know you said they didnt do it exactly how you wanted) looks way to big and unprofessional IMO..sorta like some random guy who does registration decals for boats etc printed it off..

Whats up with the left headlight? is there a black cover on it? looks like a decal was applied but there is a large air bubble?

but thats the beauty of stuff like this. If you like it that is all that matters

again, this was not to be critical..you asked for honest feedback

enjoy

did a killer whale attack that red car in the garage??? sorry..had to do it

G
#4 ·
I'm going to be honest here. I'm not liking the color. I'd have stayed away from the headlight decal, and the tail decal in particular looks pretty bad. That said, it does give your bike a unique look that others do not have. That black is shining quite nicely too!

#7 ·
Perhaps if the green was used in a more graphic sence rather than straight text. The color could seriously match with the black just if its used corectly , the wings are far to small, I think more along the lines of the way the red RR has those large graphics on either side etc could work. Again I personaly think its rather ugh but , if your happey then crap stay with it, I know I bought a bike I would be happy with not because it was cheapest or some else liked it, so more power to you.

#8 ·
HOLY ****!!! you're being attacked by green catapilers!!!!!

#9 ·
Stickers are a but bulky, i'm sure you are well aware.

I'm sure it would look just fine with some green accents on you helmet, gloves, and jacket.

You could go with a green center light to bring the colors together at night.

I'm a graphics man myself, so i would encourage some graphics.

#10 ·
I kinda like it just because it is something different....but don't know that I care for decals on the headlamp....otherwise...cool!

#12 ·
Thanx for the feedback. No, those arent caterpillars my tree is dropping those green turds and they are full of pollen so my truck is constanly nasty.

The tank wings are the same size as stock. Its weird but in the picture you cant really tell they are outlined in silver.

I do have a Honda lower in the same color but I still need to paint it first.

My lights are green. Center and running but they flash amber when activated.

I'm pissed about the rear tail sticker. It is not at all what I wanted. I wanted the 600 in the green and silver but I wanted the RR straight silver. I also wanted them in the stock size. I think they took the 954 template and ran with it.

#13 ·
holy crap...its ugly! as long as you like the colors...its cool BUT the stickers themselves are ugly!

how much did you pay?

i can get those exact stickers PLUS the HONDA for the lower plastics for $45 shipped.

they'll be in any color you want with a border in a color you want as well...i went with the orange on chrome look...

- D

#14 ·
dsf600rr said:
holy crap...its ugly! as long as you like the colors...its cool BUT the stickers themselves are ugly!

how much did you pay?

i can get those exact stickers PLUS the HONDA for the lower plastics for $45 shipped.

they'll be in any color you want with a border in a color you want as well...i went with the orange on chrome look...

- D
dat's harsh mang!! :bitchslap:

#17 ·
hehehe ok ok I get it you guys don't like it. :lol2:

Seriously though comparing to the way it looks in the pic and in person it doesn't look the same. The silver is more pronounced and makes for a nice outline on the contrasting black. In the pic it looks white and awkward. If when I'm done painting the lowers and putting the last decal on it I don't like it, I will replace them with something else. Same colors maybe just a different hue.

I figured out what is it about the stickers....

The silver in not metallic at all :evil: Its just a gray color. From certain angles it looks white giving a cheap ass effect and makes it look like Tonka toy stickers. If some1 can either make good ones with the silver I'm talking about shoot me a PM I'd like to get WHAT I WANT.

#23 ·
You should hit up www.tapeworks.com and get some green wings and rim-tape...I think that'd look a lot better...if it were my bike, and I dug the green/black thing, this is what I'd do...

1. Order a green wings kit from tapeworks
2. Order a green tail kit from tapeworks
3. paing the lower black
4. change the "CBR" the "600RR" and the "HONDA" stickers to green like you've done...
5. either take off those head-light covers...or get better ones...hell...if you don't like the head-lights, you could always think about just getting race-plastic for that part...it'd look a lot smoother... :D

Oh...and you should really get the decal on the tail fixed...or re-done...or what ever...it looks really "cartoony" and ugly...like it doesn't fit...just my .02

but hey! If YOU like it, then heeeellllll yeah, man! 8)

G
#26 ·
Im sorry, but that doesnt look right to me. IMO I think it looks better all black with no stickers. It does look incomplete. I have never been a big fan of green, maybe that is my problem. ....looks nasty, sorry :|

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.