Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

caught on cam : friends ram into....

9K views 81 replies 43 participants last post by  Nuttynu 
#1 · (Edited)
CAUGHT ON CAM : friends rams into....

last sunday went for a nice ride...untill

This post has been deleted
#14 · (Edited)
Yeah she just lock it in . Target fix & panic. U can see she wasn't using rear brakes and front brakes apply.

And I was the one giving in instruction. And I was suppose to lead the way but she somehow took off first. I'm sure if I was leading this would might have never happen. It was a very stetchy place for new riders on this ride

#18 ·
Which part are u talking about ? The beginning ? If so, that was after the crash and the car gave us right of way to pass. And during the crash. We had bikes blocking the cars oncoming and incoming untill we had it control.

#16 · (Edited)
Yeah target fixation (car and gravel), panicked and locked up. Glad they were ok, thats whats important!!

To the OP following...I know its easy to get caught up in the moment and wanting to make sure your bud is ok...but move through the turn into a safe parking place then attend to the down rider. This way it prevents any more major obstacles/items to fixate on.

Really glad everyone was ok for the most part!! Nice roads. +1 for gear!

#17 ·
^ thanks the advice and this is not my first time I'm Been behind a crash..
And yes I know should have pulled into a proper parking lot. But it was way down the road. And we were in a place that wasn't to traffic an also had the bikes parked on the side we were also able to control traffic and made sure we were seen and safe.
And yes wear your gear ! This proves that gear made a big difference. Even on the nicest hottest day..wear your gear cause it's those days when you let your guards down.

#31 ·
yeah, I'm surprise that no forks were bent of wheel was.. I'm guessing me an her was riding about at 30-45 mph.damage was handle bar bent,shiifter ad peg broke off, some dings and scratches and front fender rubbing on tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.