Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

600RR is no more

5K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Cortez 
#1 ·
So my 05 600RR is no more.. Happened too fast. about 50mph. I was changing into the right lane to get ready to my turn, as I started to get into the lane the car decided she wanted to pull out of Target parking lot right in the spot I was changing lanes into, didn't have a chance to try and dodge or brake. On the positive being that I'm military I got my X Rays and CT Scan on my shoulder and neck and I'm just bruised. Gave me tramadol for the pain. My Shoei RF1200 never even touched the ground, shoulder took the blunt of the impact, rolled about 30 yards. My uniform pants are a little scuffed, but my combat boots did well, I was double layered long sleeve so my nike hoodie held up pretty well as far as I'm concerned being it's not meant for motorcycling, no road rash. And my FOX Bomber gloves did their job protecting my knuckles. So now I'm dealing with insurance.. Hopefully I get enough to start a build on a new bike, not sure what I want yet.. If possible I want the new R1.. If not I'd be looking at the Fireblade.. and then the R6 and then the 07-12 600RR

See less See more
#3 ·
Yikes well ar least you had no serious injuries.

In regards to the bike....

Attachments

#4 ·
Yeah, I have no clue if I flew over her hood, or if I lowsided it trying to dodge while on the brake. All I know is she got cited by the police for failing to yield the right of way. I found an 07/08 600RR for 3800 nearby so if I can't get my R1 I'll probably be staying in the 600RR community. It's certainly been an ego killer. I've always been proud of my ability to react to situations like this, and how I'd always place myself in my lane to give me the best amount of time to react to drivers that fail to see me. Just wasn't a chance to react this time.

#5 ·
The entire front fairing and headlights literally disintegrated couldn't piece it all back together even if you tried. When I pulled the keys all the electronics that were still connected wouldn't turn off. Both forks literally sheared in half at the top. headers ripped out of their holes.

#9 ·
damn, glad youre good. even when im in a car going faster and see a person by a stop sign or a light about to turn in my head im like "dont doooo it!"

Reactions: YG27
#14 ·
Haha I'm always like that too ready to hit the brakes, but I had so much going on around me because of the amount of traffic during the holidays over here, the drivers just get worse. I was so focused on getting over to make my turn after just getting off the freeway (poor design) that I didn't take into account someone sitting at a parking lot just because there was so much traffic for them to even attempt anyways. If it wasn't me it would've been someone else to hit her.

#13 ·
Nope, it got ripped out of the block at the headers, mid pipe back is probably good, but I already sent it all off to her insurance. Only parts I wish i should've taken off are the Brembo 19RCS and Ohlins Damper.

I might be joining the 1KRR page here soon. Been floating between an R6, 600RR, and 1KRR so whichever I ended up finding first for the price I want is what I'm getting and right now I'm just waiting on a check to pick up an 08 for 5600.

Even though I had my shoulder checked out it hasn't healed fully, nothing is broken but I swear something had to of torn.

#12 ·
Glad you're okay mate. Could have been a lot worse!

#17 ·
It was the speed limit. I'm a firm believer that going slower is more dangerous than going faster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.