Fender eliminator reg plate bracket - 600RR.net
United Kingdom A place for riders from the UK to set up group rides

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fender eliminator reg plate bracket

So I went out on a little ride through the city on Saturday and while on the A2/A201 coming up near the Elephant and Castle roundabout, hit a bit of a rough patch of asphalt and I heard what sounded like something falling through, and off the bike. Look behind and my plate and the bracket are swinging away.

I've been using the Tripage EU bracket for about five years. It's not been ridden for much of that time, but on nonetheless. The CF where the support meets the bracket itself simply sheered off.

I tried to take some side streets back home to avoid any attention, which didn't work out too well as I don't know that area all that well. Of course, not 5 min back into the journey, I'm right in front of the Met. I pull over voluntarily. Nice guys though...so no issues really. Took a bit of time to check my info, but let me on my way.

I'm running an Akra exhaust, and this bracket is part support for it as well as the obvious plate bracket.

I'd prefer this kind of setup as it's tucked away a bit, but still at an angle that doesn't get me into any trouble. But, given this issue, I'm not convinced I want to get the same setup again, in addition to wanting to find a local supplier rather than deal with more international deliveries.

So...anyone have a similar setup, exhaust included, that will work out this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 02:57 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the Jardine exhaust and a license plate bracket I fabricated myself on my '04. How ironic that during my most recent ride I was horrified to find my license plate hanging by only the LED wires! Apparently BOTH license plate bolts had vibrated themselves right off (despite lock washers). Luckily there was no damage so I replaced the bolts/nuts and loc-tited the h*ll out of them!

Peter

2004 Honda CBR600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page