Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Fender eliminator reg plate bracket

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ViperDad 
#1 ·
So I went out on a little ride through the city on Saturday and while on the A2/A201 coming up near the Elephant and Castle roundabout, hit a bit of a rough patch of asphalt and I heard what sounded like something falling through, and off the bike. Look behind and my plate and the bracket are swinging away.

I've been using the Tripage EU bracket for about five years. It's not been ridden for much of that time, but on nonetheless. The CF where the support meets the bracket itself simply sheered off.

I tried to take some side streets back home to avoid any attention, which didn't work out too well as I don't know that area all that well. Of course, not 5 min back into the journey, I'm right in front of the Met. I pull over voluntarily. Nice guys though...so no issues really. Took a bit of time to check my info, but let me on my way.

I'm running an Akra exhaust, and this bracket is part support for it as well as the obvious plate bracket.

I'd prefer this kind of setup as it's tucked away a bit, but still at an angle that doesn't get me into any trouble. But, given this issue, I'm not convinced I want to get the same setup again, in addition to wanting to find a local supplier rather than deal with more international deliveries.

So...anyone have a similar setup, exhaust included, that will work out this way?

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the Jardine exhaust and a license plate bracket I fabricated myself on my '04. How ironic that during my most recent ride I was horrified to find my license plate hanging by only the LED wires! Apparently BOTH license plate bolts had vibrated themselves right off (despite lock washers). Luckily there was no damage so I replaced the bolts/nuts and loc-tited the h*ll out of them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.