Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Vibration everywhere mostly between 4500-6000 rpm

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Alex1994 
#1 · (Edited)
On neutral, whether clutch engaged or not, vibrates in a way that causes minor pain and numbness in minutes. At 5000 rpm has a much higher vibration peak.

Bought it second hand with 30000 km and the vibration occurs on the entire rpm range, but mostly between 4500-6000.

At 4500 rpm: the seat near the tank vibrates the most. Hip numbness
At 5000 rpm : the handlebar vibrates the most. Hands and wrists numbness
At 6000 rpm: the foot pegs vibrate the most. Ankles numbness.

The model is the Honda cbr 600 rr from 2008. The motorbike was never touched on the engine, everything from stock just regular maintenance: braking fluid, oil and filters are the only things replaced on the bike. Even the brake pads and chain with sprockets are stock (they need to be replaced soon). Spark plugs are factory mounted too. It looks an internal engine decompensation, whether evolved over time or manufacturing flaw. There's no noticeable noise that I can tell.

Any similar situation on guessing about it?

#3 ·
The vibration smooths out a bit beyond 7000 rpm however is still very uncomfortable. The 4-6k rpm is the best range for traveling long distances and for normal riding on cities / suburbs. Just going to 10k rpm at 30 mph in the middle of the traffic in inappropriate. Lot of folks here ride normally with the cbr.

In any case, at higher rpm is very uncomfortable too. A motorbikes mechanic that tested the bike said that's not normal and that never saw it before (of course is not Honda's dealership mechanic, but all brands in a general workshop). Other colleague that had the honda civic car for years and worked on v-tec cars' engines said it wasn't normal either. Said that there's something unbalanced inside the engine, probably static and dynamic balancing don't match so that's the cause. Since there are other reports on the internet, guesses it's a manufacturing defect that honda doesn't want to acknowledge.

#5 ·
The grips won't help that much I think, and the vibration is even worse on the hip and ankle than hands but anyway that is not a real solution. The dealership mechanics are 100% full of work because of summer and maybe I have to wait to september until they can check my bike with the time it deserves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.