Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Bike won't start after installing Servo eliminator

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  OveRReV 
#1 · (Edited)
[SOLVED] See below, Thanks @wibbly

Here's a 15 second video I took of me trying to start it:

I recently installed a Power commander 5 and quick shifter but it was working fine until I went to do the servo eliminator. I took out the servo and ran the bike for 2 seconds without it and the FI light was flashing, I turned the bike off and I plugged in the servo eliminator and now the bike won't start. I tried putting the old servo back into the bike and it does the same thing...

The only thing I can think of is when it was running with the FI light it put the bike into LIMP mode and now isn't starting to protect itself... any ideas?? I seriously doubt it's power commander related because I was riding with the power commander installed for a couple hours and it was absolutely fine.. Like I said it just started right because I did the servo. It may be worth noting that I have blocked my PAIR system with a 5/8 hose cap, not sure if related but it was running fine when I did that as well..

#3 ·
I let it sit for an hour and tried again, doing what you said and holding it WOT, it started for maybe 1 secondd before it died, it didn't sound like it was running on all cylinders, I'm thinking I may have fouled one of the plugs I can smell gas near the head. It's just kind of weird that they fouled in the first place... Maybe it was the map I was using, I loaded the stock one back on though before I started it the second time and to no avail.

It's worth noting that it is about 34 degrees outside, maybe the bike doesn't like the cold? Idk, I have a shorai battery and using rotella t6 oil.

Should I let it sit for longer or do I need to pull the plugs and replace/clean them?

#5 ·
Thanks! It worked! I tried it again doing what you said and she fired up, I had to modulate the throttle though or she was going to die, I did that for a few seconds then she idled by herself and I took her for a quick rip down the road and she had plenty of power, definitely running on all cylinders and she was pulling up the front even in first. I guess we can call this solved. Thank you! :)

#8 · (Edited)
The ECU is in cold start mode so it's dumping a lot of gas into the cylinders, once it gets hot it goes back to its programmed mapping. At least get it up to 80℃ or 180℉ before you shut it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.