Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

04 cranks but does not start

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  rickyjhutty 
#1 · (Edited)
04 cranks but does not start video uploaded

Hey guys Im making a new thread to simplify things.

What I've done so far.
Replaced spark plugs and ensure each is sparking.
Bench tested fuel pump. I have a steady stream of fuel.
Purchased trickle charger and checked voltage with multimeter.

The bike is cranking but it just wort turn over. Dash lights up normally.
Fuel pump relay clicks and it primes.
Also my BAS is bypassed.
Im stumped. I need help please.

#15 ·
your best bet is to remove the fuel pump and just give it 12 volts direct. You will soon know if its working.

if the fuel pump works.......have you changed the wiring or ecu? i had a major head scratch with my last R6. Turned out it was an EU bike and not for US market. So you cant really tell if it had an immobilizer (euro market) once things have been removed. long story short (can make it a long version if you think it might help) You can change the ecu from Euro to US but the wiring pinout for ECU is different. essentially the immobilizer will let it crank but wont supply fuel to the injectors, it will just crank. you can either replace the entire ecu and loom or change the pinout plug to ecu.

#17 ·
This is gonna sound dumb, but are you sure you torqued each plug and seated the coil packs all the way?

You jump the connector under the seat and no error codes?

All connections are connected? Fuel breather tubes not pinched? MAP vacuum 5-way is connected to MAP sensor?

Have you tried starting it with the throttle wide open? Possible you have an injector that isn't shutting off and is flooding the engine.

try NOT bypassing the BAS and see if that fixes the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.