Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

46 back on the M1 ***SPOILER***

65K views 539 replies 46 participants last post by  CBR Time 
#1 · (Edited)

"The final race in Valencia will be “very emotional,” Rossi said, “because I find a good atmosphere and good people to work and to make the race together. And I always make a group with my team, but not for choice, but because is like this. Maybe it’s my character. For sure it will be very hard to say ciao to the guys. But at the same time we’re not able to achieve any good results so is a good decision for me and I cannot wait to ride the M1.”

He also talks about Stoner being the only one to "master" the Duc

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_..._forward_to_yamaha/viewall.html#ixzz2B1iwqnRs

I'm looking foward to watching VR next season already, sad i know :p

See less See more
#343 ·
The Doctor was on the podium 2 out of the 4 races so far not bad everyone out there thought he should hang up his gear Forza Vale

#345 ·
Tire ‘risk’ spurs Rossi on to podium

Valentino Rossi is celebrating his second Moto Gee P World Championship podium of the season in Jerez after reaping the rewards from a 'risky' decision to choose the extra-hard front tyre for his Yamaha.

Starting from his best position of the season in fourth, Rossi made the most of his stronger than usual grid slot to grab second early on before getting the jump on Marc Marquez at the end of the back straight.

Leading almost to the end of the first lap, though the pair would swap positions at the final corner and again at the start of lap two, Marquez's decisive pass into Dry Sac extinguished any chance for Rossi to respond.

Despite this, the Italian held firm in second place, gradually edging away from Jorge Lorenzo, who in turn was bottling up Dani Pedrosa in fourth. Though Pedrosa would eventually pass Lorenzo and set off on a charge for Rossi, the multiple champion would have enough in reserve to rebuff his late efforts.

A very satisfying second place finish for Rossi, it is the first time he has stood on the podium in Jerez since 2010 and his second podium result of the year.

“I'm very happy because Jerez is one of my favourite circuits and race weekends, also for the people around the track and the atmosphere. We worked very well during the weekend and improved the bike, also this morning and it looked like I could be quite competitive for the race.

I'm very proud and happy to arrive in second position here as it was 2010 the last time I stood on the Jerez podium.”

Reflecting on the decision to opt for the harder front tyre, Rossi says the compound is better suited to his Movistar Yamaha YZF-M1.

“I chose the extra hard tyre on the front, it was a risk but I was worried about the medium at the end of the race. The condition of the track today was very bad, the bike slid everywhere and the front kept closing, I think I did a great job, I did a good start and I tried to stay with Marc but it was impossible.

“After that I tried to keep my pace and push where I could and where my bike was well balanced and I kept quite constant. At the end Dani arrived but I had just a little bit of desperation in the last lap to stay in front. “

#346 · (Edited)
Rossi focuses on pace, Lorenzo on Soft tire

Decisions were made by both Movistar Yamaha Moto GEE p riders in Jerez. Valentino Rossi elected to race with a new chassis and now hopes to improve his one-lap pace, while after Monday’s day of testing Jorge Lorenzo decided to concentrate more on the Soft compound tire.

Sunday saw Rossi race to second place, helped by an inspired decision to fit the Hard compound front tire which contributed to better braking stability. He also used the new frame, first debuted by the team in Friday practice.

"It was an important test because, first of all, I was quite fast and happy with my speed and pace," Rossi explained on Monday evening. "We worked on the electronic side, to have more power on acceleration. We also worked on the time attack and some small chassis details in order to improve the corner entry. I carried on using the new frame and I like it more - I will continue to use that in Le Mans."

In the case of team-mate Lorenzo, the Mallorcan – who had finished Sunday’s Grand Prix in fourth spot – thought less about a new swingarm and more about tyres.

"Finally, we didn’t try the new swingarm but instead concentrated on something with the electronics to try and improve braking," Lorenzo began. "We gained a bit and the bike did stop a bit better. We also looked at the rear suspension to try to avoid the loss of stability and spinning under acceleration. It also got a bit better; not so different, but it did give me some more confidence to be able to open the throttle more.

"I think we are now more able to keep up a constant pace with the Soft tire, so today has been interesting to see which tire suits our bike better. In the race, I needed better stopping and more stability under acceleration. I think we would manage to do a better race with the Soft tire…actually, we know that now [laughs]! So, at Le Mans we are going to concentrate more on the Soft tire instead of the Hard one."

There is now a free weekend for the riders before travelling to France in the middle of next week prior to the fifth round of the 2014 Moto Gee P season.

Reactions: CBR Time
#348 ·
Good new for VR46
Rossi aims to stay with Yamaha for two more years
In Thursday’s pre-event press conference at the Monster Energy Grand Prix de France, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi expressed his intention to stay in MotoGP™ for two more years.

The nine-time World Champion, who made his Grand Prix debut in 1996 and has been racing in the premier class since 2000, is currently in the second season of a two-year contract with Yamaha having returned to the Japanese factory from a spell with Ducati.

Over recent months Rossi has hinted that he would like to continue racing beyond 2014, but on Thursday in Le Mans he provided his most positive assertion to date regarding his future.

Asked directly about his contract situation Rossi revealed that he is in a positive frame of mind about negotiations to remain in MotoGP. He said: “Last year I had some good races, one victory, but in the second part of the season I was a bit too far from the top three. So I wanted to see if this year would be any better.”

“Sincerely I feel better and I am enjoying it a lot, to continue to race and to work with Yamaha and my team. So my project is to make another contract for two seasons and I think in the next weeks, during the next races we will talk with Yamaha in order to continue.”

#349 ·
Le Mans MotoGP: Rossi mistake ends Marquez victory battle

When Marc Marquez caught up to French MotoGP leader Valentino Rossi just before the halfway stage of the race, the pair looked set for a tough battle.

Both revel in the chance for some close combat, with Rossi also making clear his desire to try and halt Marquez's unbeaten run.

Instead Rossi ran wide and gifted Marquez the advantage, the reigning world champion immediately putting enough ground between himself and Rossi to rule out retaliation by the Italian.

“I'm happy with my race and did everything right at the start. I got in front and tried as hard as possible but it was more difficult with the front tyre today, maybe because the asphalt was hot,” recalled Rossi, who declared his desire for a new two-year Yamaha contract just before the start of the weekend.

“Anyway I tried the maximum and my pace was not so bad. I was waiting for Marc or Jorge and Dani to arrive, when Marc arrived I tried to push a lot to stay on the 1'34.0 to make the work difficult for him but in the crucial moment of the whole race I made one mistake.

“I braked a little bit too deep and went wide. It's a great pity because I think today I could fight with Marc and had a small chance to beat him. It would have been very hard, but for sure fun, Unfortunately like this it was too easy for Marc. I hoped he would wait for me but... he didn't!”

Marquez went on to claim a memorable victory after being as low as tenth on the first lap, while Rossi collected his third runner-up finish from five starts and his 150th premier-class podium.

“Also in Austin I could have finished on the podium easily without the problem with the front tyre and in Argentina I was fast but arrived fourth after a mistake. It means I am competitive every race and especially I can ride the bike in a very good way and I enjoy a lot this year. I can ride at the limit. I'm proud to be here and have three podiums out of five races. Now we have to try for the 25 points.”

And there would be no better place for Rossi to take his first win of the year than in front of his home fans next time at Mugello:

“It is 25 points for the victory like the other races, but it is a question of honour at Mugello. It is a special weekend. One of my favourites and I'm looking forward to it because Jorge won for Yamaha in the past three years, so it means the M1 is competitive there. I know it will be hard with the Hondas and Marc but we have to try.”

Rossi is now within two points of Dani Pedrosa and second in the world championship. The Doctor is also 36 points clear of Movistar Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo, who struggled to sixth in the race.

#350 · (Edited)
For those that thought or had the incline of thought that the Doctor has left the hospital for good cause he can not operate no more well here is your chance to think again

Riders' World Championship:
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 125 points
2. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 83 points (-42)
3. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 81 points (-44)
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici) 53 points (-72)
5. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 45 points (-80)
6. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 39 points (-86)
7. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1)* 38 points (-87)
8. Aleix Espargaro ESP NGM Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 37 points (-88)
9. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 34 points (-91)
10. Alvaro Bautista ESP Go&Fun Honda Gresini (RC213V) 26 points (-99)
11. Andrea Iannone ITA Pramac Racing (Desmosedici) 25 points (-100)
12. Nicky Hayden USA Drive M7 Aspar (RCV1000R) 23 points (-102)
13. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Drive M7 Aspar (RCV1000R) 21 points (-104)
14. Scott Redding GBR Go&Fun Honda Gresini (RCV1000R)* 18 points (-107)
15. Yonny Hernandez COL Pramac Racing (Desmosedici) 16 points (-109)
16. Cal Crutchlow GBR Ducati Team (Desmosedici) 15 points (-110)
17. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (RCV1000R) 9 points (-116)
18. Colin Edwards USA NGM Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 7 points (-118)
19. Danilo Petrucci ITA IodaRacing Project (ART) 2 points (-123)
20. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Avintia) 2 points (-123)
21. Broc Parkes AUS Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM-ART)* 1 points (-124)

#352 ·
For those that thought or had the incline of thought that the Doctor has left the hospital for good cause he can not operate no more well here is your chance to think again
Well I was kind of losing faith into Vale slowly since 2011 to be honest, and expected a bit better results last year. I didn't expect him to be so off the magnificent 3 pace, but he had shown improvement by the end of 2013 and became more stable with results. I am enthused by his performance this season...I was on the edge of the seat last Sunday when he was leading and there was a chance of MM making an error due to pressure.

Short version :) I am excited to have him proving me wrong race by race!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#354 ·

Rossi ready to battle with Marquez at 300th Grand Prix
As MotoGP™ heads to Mugello for what is always one of the most anticipated rounds on the calendar, Valentino Rossi is all set for his 300th Grand Prix appearance - having achieved his 150th premier class podium last time out at Le Mans.

Following the race in France, in which Rossi finished second to the victorious Marc Marquez, he was already looking forward to the Gran Premio d'Italia TIM and another chance to battle with the in-form World Champion and standings leader, this time in front of the passionate Italian crowd.

With his victory at the French GP Marquez became first rider to win the opening five races of the year, all from pole position, since Giacomo Agostini in the 500 class in 1971.

Marquez leads the standings by 42 points from Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa and will aim to extend his winning run at round six – at a venue where he crashed out last year.

Marquez will know, however, that Pedrosa will be hungry for his first win since Malaysia last year and that Rossi will be doing everything in his power to add to his nine victories at Mugello, seven of which have come in the premier class. It is fair to say that a win for Rossi in his 300th GP would certainly be popular with the home crowd.

Another strong contender for maximum points in Tuscany will be Rossi’s Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team-mate Jorge Lorenzo. Although the 2010 and 2012 MotoGP™ World Champion is not currently in his best form Lorenzo has won the race at Mugello for the last three years, enjoying a circuit where Yamaha have a good record.

Just ahead of Lorenzo in the standings in fourth place at present is Ducati Team’s Andrea Dovizioso, who is sure to enjoy massive support this weekend. Thousands of faithful Ducatisti fans will gather at Correntaio corner once again to will Dovizioso towards the podium and to support his colleague Cal Crutchlow as the Englishman strives to move up the standings from 16th.

The likes of Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda MotoGP) and Alvaro Bautista (GO&FUN Honda Gresini) go in search of further top five results from sixth and tenth respectively in the championship table. Bautista arrives at Mugello on a high, having recovered from his early season dip by racing to third at Le Mans.

Another excellent performer at Le Mans was Pol Espargaro and the rookie will aim to build on his fourth place in France with another solid performance in Italy. Having adapted quickly to MotoGP in the first five rounds, Moto2™ World Champion Espargaro is just ahead of his brother Aleix Espargaro (NGM Forward Racing) and Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team-mate Bradley Smith in the overall classification.

Just outside the top ten in the standings is another Italian in Andrea Iannone.
The Pramac Racing rider looks to bounce back from two consecutive DNFs after showing his speed in practice and in the opening three races of the year.

Iannone’s compatriot Danilo Petrucci (IodaRacing Project) makes a welcome return at Mugello, having missed the trip to France with the fractured left wrist he sustained at Jerez.

This weekend’s Gran Premio d'Italia TIM is the 29th occasion that a GP has been held at the Mugello circuit, including 24 times in the consecutive years from 1991.

#356 · (Edited)
Great race, P3 considering he started @P10. good vid of him through the years

1 25 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 173.8 41'38.254
2 20 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 173.8 +0.121
3 16 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 173.6 +2.688
4 13 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 172.8 +14.046
5 11 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 172.7 +15.603
6 10 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 172.6 +17.042
7 9 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 172.6 +17.129
8 8 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 171.9 +27.407
9 7 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 170.9 +41.886
10 6 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 170.7 +45.212
11 5 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 170.7 +45.433
12 4 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Honda 170.7 +45.831
13 3 45 Scott REDDING GBR GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 170.7 +45.839
14 2 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Drive M7 Aspar Honda 170.6 +46.834
15 1 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 169.1 +1'09.554
16 70 Michael LAVERTY GBR Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 168.5 +1'17.789
17 23 Broc PARKES AUS Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 167.4 +1'35.031
18 63 Mike DI MEGLIO FRA Avintia Racing Avintia 167.3 +1'37.501
Not Classified
8 Hector BARBERA SPA Avintia Racing Avintia 166.4 16 Laps
84 Michel FABRIZIO ITA Octo IodaRacing Team ART 163.2 17 Laps
35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Ducati Team Ducati 169.1 20 Laps
6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 168.7 20 Laps
38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 167.1 21 Laps

Current Points, up to P2!!
1 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 150
2 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 97
3 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 96
4 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 65
5 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 63
6 Pol ESPARGARO Yamaha SPA 49
7 Aleix ESPARGARO Forward Yamaha SPA 44
8 Stefan BRADL Honda GER 39
9 Alvaro BAUTISTA Honda SPA 34
10 Bradley SMITH Yamaha GBR 34
11 Andrea IANNONE Ducati ITA 34
12 Nicky HAYDEN Honda USA 23
13 Hiroshi AOYAMA Honda JPN 23
14 Yonny HERNANDEZ Ducati COL 22
15 Scott REDDING Honda GBR 21
16 Cal CRUTCHLOW Ducati GBR 15
17 Karel ABRAHAM Honda CZE 13
18 Colin EDWARDS Forward Yamaha USA 8
19 Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA 5
20 Danilo PETRUCCI ART ITA 2
21 Hector BARBERA Avintia SPA 2
22 Broc PARKES PBM AUS 1

#362 ·
Great Race today, he led most of it, then MM93 put the hammer down, P2 again!
1 25 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 165.0 42'56.914
2 20 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 165.0 +0.512
3 16 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 164.9 +1.834
4 13 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 164.8 +4.540
5 11 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 164.3 +11.148
6 10 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 164.1 +14.213
7 9 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 164.0 +16.127
8 8 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 164.0 +16.175
9 7 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 163.9 +18.040
10 6 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 163.5 +24.781

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.