Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

46 back on the M1 ***SPOILER***

65K views 539 replies 46 participants last post by  CBR Time 
#1 · (Edited)

"The final race in Valencia will be “very emotional,” Rossi said, “because I find a good atmosphere and good people to work and to make the race together. And I always make a group with my team, but not for choice, but because is like this. Maybe it’s my character. For sure it will be very hard to say ciao to the guys. But at the same time we’re not able to achieve any good results so is a good decision for me and I cannot wait to ride the M1.”

He also talks about Stoner being the only one to "master" the Duc

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_..._forward_to_yamaha/viewall.html#ixzz2B1iwqnRs

I'm looking foward to watching VR next season already, sad i know :p

See less See more
#104 ·
I'm sure he would say it doesn't matter to him, but it has got to be bugging Lorenzo.

Yamaha makes a video welcoming Rossi back to the fold.
Yamaha vetoes his personal sponsorship with Rockstar, so they can take advantage of Rossi's relationship with Monster.

2013 season will be interesting in the Yamaha garage.

#108 · (Edited)
I don't know about that. According to all reports Link Link Link Link Link

Rockstar wanted to sponsor Lorenzo's bike and Monster wanted to sponsor Vale's bike. But Monster had a change of heart and decided to sponsor both BECAUSE they didn't want to risk being on the bike that wasn't winning the majority of the time especially with their competitor Rockstar being on the other bike. So they more than doubled Rockstars offer to Yamaha, becoming a main sponsor on both bikes (which is not a title sponsor) and paid out Jorge's two year (1 million euro/year) deal and signed Jorge as his personal sponsor. The amount Monster is paying Yamaha also just so happens to be the amount Yamaha is paying Rossi. Jorge got paid 2 million euros upfront for being a threat and probably signed for the exact same amount with Monster. The math seems to indicate Monster went from paying 3 Million euros in two years to be on Rossi's bike to paying ~10 million euros in two years to ensure they were also on Jorge's bike..............so if that was the case who (Jorge/Vale) would be feeling a bit bothered?

#105 ·
Not likely but I hope it starts out like this.
We might just see the the breakdown of another rider.

Remember Jorge, water has a boiling point :cruising:
[ame]http://vimeo.com/32756097[/ame]

Reactions: CBR Time
#110 ·
He'll win his fair share... I'm not convinced he'll be a title contender per Se but he'll be in the mix... Winter testing will show a lot... I doubt he sand bags

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Motorcycle.com Free App

I personally don't think that winter testing will tell the whole story. Not sure if he "sandbags" but Rossi was never a great qualifier but come race time it's like a he flips a switch and starts kicking a$$

#111 ·
It won't tell everything but remember that he blitzed the field during testing for the 2010 season. And I believe his qualifying spots have been better since 2008 where he realized he needed to start up there with stoner in order to hive him a race.
Testing will reveal alot

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#115 ·

"As under the previous agreement, Rossi and Bridgestone will work together to promote the passion of motorcycling to bikers and enthusiasts throughout Europe, directly supporting the Bridgestone ‘track to street’ concept. Rossi will act alone as a professional rider; his MotoGP™ team and sponsors are not involved in the deal.

"I’ve been working with Bridgestone in MotoGP for many years and have always been impressed by their professionalism and the quality of their products. Continuing this agreement gives me an exciting opportunity to contribute to new Bridgestone motorcycle road tyres", commented the Italian.

As part of his role, Rossi will provide his evaluation and opinions on the performance of Bridgestone motorcycle tyres, particularly in the hyper-sport, racing and sport touring sectors. Bridgestone in turn will use his input in tyre development to deliver road tyres with better performance and improved safety margins.

Franco Annunziato, CEO and President Bridgestone Europe, added: "Valentino Rossi is a great ambassador for our company. With the extension of our agreement, we have secured advice and recommendations from one of the greatest motorcycle competitors of all times, thereby ensuring that we bring the best new Battlax tyres to market."

Bridgestone entered MotoGP™ in 2002 and in 2009 became the first Official Tyre Supplier to the World Championship."

Press release courtesy of Bridgestone.

#116 · (Edited)
Reactions: CBR Time
#129 · (Edited)
Re: 46 back on the M1

Ya, the images load on my phone, but didn't load on here, even when I did a direct link.. Oh well, screenshot and crop for the win..

It's also worth noting that since these are referencing deviantart, they're probably fan based and likely won't be a design of Rossi's.

Then again, you never know.

#131 ·
wanted to post these dates in case some of you were wondering
Winter Test Schedule

February 2013

5th-7th February Sepang Malaysia

26th-28th February Sepang Malaysia

March 2013

15th-17th March Jerez Spain

7 April - Grand Prix of Qatar Losail International Circuit, Doha

#133 · (Edited)
I'm not sure Monster will be that prominent on the factory bikes as it isn't supposed to be a full title sponsorship agreement.

I think you'll see Rossi and Lorenzo wearing Monster hats, per usual for Rossi. They'll have a small patch on their leathers, probably somewhere in the shoulder or forearm area and I wouldn't expect the Monster logo/banner to be any larger than the Eneos sticker on last year's M1.

Note the difference:

Monster Energy Graves Yamaha (AMA)
Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (MotoGP Satellite Team)
JGRMX/Toyota/Yamaha (Supercross)

Yamaha Monster Energy (MotoGP Factory Team)

#134 · (Edited)
Finally a dry test :) he's lookn good imo, Marquez killing it out there!

"Repsol Honda Team’s Marc Márquez has already thrown down the gauntlet for the 2013 as he has started off day one of the official Sepang test top by the mid-day point, with Yamaha Factory Racing’s Valentino Rossi and Dani Pedrosa close on his heels.

The promised rain stayed away as teams set out predominantly putting in track time to bed in their new or upgraded bikes. Márquez, back on his RC213V for the third time now, has put in a significant number of laps with 42, as he continues to adapt to a MotoGP™ machine. This is seemingly going well, as at 3pm local time he lay top of the timesheet with a 2:01’357. Teammate Dani Pedrosa was just over three tenths off in third.

Yamaha, which has brought a new chassis and engine to the test to cure pumping and give better acceleration out of corners, got their first glimpse of Rossi back on the Japanese machine, with the Italian not disappointing with a time just over two-tenths off Márquez in second. His teammate Jorge Lorenzo, who put in six fewer laps with 30, finished the morning fourth less than two tenths off Rossi.

LCR Honda MotoGP’s Stefan Bradl, who is running a RC213V with the same spec as the HRC team in Valencia last year, was fifth fastest, as he worked on electronics and suspension. His Nissin brakes, the only part to differ from the factory, will be worked on in the afternoon. He finished ahead of Go & Fun Honda Gresini’s Álvaro Bautista, who continues his quest to find the best set-up with his Showa suspension.

Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Cal Crutchlow, also with a new chassis and engine from Yamaha was seventh, ahead of HRC test rider Kosuke Akiyoshi and Yamaha test rider Katsuyuki Nakasuga. Ducati Team’s Nicky Hayden kicked off the team’s new era by hitting the mid-day point in tenth, in front of Yamaha test rider Wataru Yoshikawa.

Tech 3’s rookie Bradley Smith was getting used to his machine, currently lapping in twelfth, around 2.3 seconds off Márquez’s pace, in front of Ducati’s Andrea Dovizioso, and the Power Electronics Aspar Team of Aleix Espargaró and Randy de Puniet. Pramac Team’s Ben Spies put in a few hours on his new Ducati, although had to stop due to shoulder pain. He went one quicker than his teammate Andrea Iannone in 17th."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.