Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2017 Moto GP Rider Line up

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  CBR Time 
#1 ·
will post all updates re the lineup for next season here , cheers
Updated after confirmation that Hector Barbera and Loris Baz will both stay with the team for 2017...

Repsol Honda
Marc Marquez (End of 2018)
Dani Pedrosa (End of 2018)

Movistar Yamaha
Valentino Rossi (End of 2018)
Maverick Vinales (End of 2018)

Ducati Team
Jorge Lorenzo (End of 2018)
Andrea Dovizioso (End of 2018)

Suzuki
Andrea Iannone (End of 2018)
Alex Rins (End of 2018)

KTM
Bradley Smith (End of 2018)
Pol Espargaro (End of 2018)

Aprilia Gresini
Sam Lowes (End of 2018)
Aleix Espargaro (End of 2018)

LCR Honda
Cal Crutchlow (End of 2017)

Marc VDS Honda
Jack Miller (End of 2017)
Tito Rabat (End of 2017)

Monster Yamaha Tech 3
Jonas Folger (End of 2017, Option 2018)
Johann Zarco (End of 2017, Option 2018)

Avintia Ducati
Hector Barbera (End of 2017)
Loris Baz (End of 2017)

Pramac Ducati
Scott Redding
Danilo Petrucci
Both riders will continue at team in 2017.

Aspar Ducati
Yonny Hernandez?
Eugene Laverty?
Alvaro Bautista is hotly linked to the team with which he won the 125cc title and finished runner-up in 250cc. Laverty is holding out for GP16 machinery next season (there are rumours Aspar will only have one GP16, for Bautista, the other rider will have GP15) but has also received very tempting offers from WSBK. If Laverty leaves, Hernandez will stay.

See less See more
#2 ·
Updated after confirmation that Alvaro Bautista will join Aspar for 2017...

Repsol Honda

Movistar Yamaha

Ducati Team

Suzuki
Alex Rins (End of 2018)

KTM

Aprilia Gresini
Sam Lowes (End of 2018)

LCR Honda

Marc VDS Honda
Tito Rabat (End of 2017)

Monster Yamaha Tech 3

Avintia Ducati
Loris Baz (End of 2017)

Pramac Ducati
Scott Redding
Danilo Petrucci

Aspar Ducati
Alvaro Bautista (End of 2017)
Yonny Hernandez or Eugene Laverty?
Laverty is holding out for GP16 machinery next season (there are rumours Aspar will only have one GP16 for Bautista, the other rider will get the GP15) but has also received very tempting offers from WSBK. If Laverty leaves, Hernandez will stay.

#3 ·
Aspar confirms Alvaro Bautista for MotoGP 2017
17 August 2016

Alvaro Bautista will join the Aspar Ducati team in MotoGP next season, riding a 2016 Desmosedici

The Aspar Ducati team has confirmed the long-awaited news that Alvaro Bautista will join its MotoGP team for 2017.

The Spaniard, left without a ride at Aprilia, will get 2016 Desmosedici machinery.

“I am happy to be returning to what was my home for many years in the World Championship, where I enjoyed my best results including the 125cc World Championship title and fought for another title in 250cc," Bautista said.

"I am happy and motivated to be going back and especially to have another year in MotoGP, a new adventure. Over the years I have grown a lot and I have much more experience now. I am confident that with this team we can be competitive in 2017.”

Bautista has ridden for the Suzuki (factory), Honda (satellite) and Aprilia (factory) teams during his seven years in MotoGP. His most successful was 2012, when he took the RCV to two podiums, one pole and fifth in the world championship.

"For the Aspar Team it gives us great pleasure in every sense to welcome Álvaro Bautista back," added team manager Jorge Martinez 'Aspar'. "As a team we picked up our first World Championship title with him back in 2006 and we enjoyed some wonderful years together.

"Our professional and personal relationship with him is excellent and for the team and our sponsors this is great news. My hope and desire is that this brings great results for Ducati and for us. It is important for us to have a Spanish rider with his record and his professionalism. He can give us an advantage on track.”

One of Aspar's current riders - Yonny Hernandez or Eugene Laverty - is set to join Bautista for 2017, but rumoured to be on GP15 machines.

Laverty has made clear he will only stay if he has equal machinery to his team-mate. If not, the Irishman will return to the World Superbike Championship, where he is a key target for Aprilia's proposed factory return in partnership with SMR.

#4 ·
Laverty as i thought signed with Aprilia WSBK for 2017, looks like Yonny will take the final seat at Aspar (waiting for conf)
Laverty back to WorldSBK from 2017
Irishman leaving the MotoGP™ paddock to join Milwaukee Aprilia in World Superbike

After two years in the MotoGP™ World Championship, PULL&BEAR Aspar rider Eugene Laverty is set to move back to the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship, as reported by worldsbk.com. The Irishman has spent four previous seasons in SBK and will continue his journey with Milwaukee Aprilia.

Eugene Laverty: “I’m excited to return to WorldSBK with Aprilia. I’ve had a lot of success there. During my two years in MotoGP I’ve learned a lot, and there have been difficult moments of course but I’ve progressed a lot as a rider and I’m impatient to start a new chapter in my career.”

The objective for the Irishman is clear: take on the best and aim for the title.

“There are a lot of good riders at the moment and there’ll be even more next year with Stefan Bradl arriving from MotoGP, and me. It will be really competitive. Of course, Jonathan Rea is the reigning world champion and on course to defend his crown, and it will be difficult to beat him. But a lot of riders are motivated to defeat him. I’m coming back with one goal: to be world champion.”

#5 ·
Repsol Honda

Movistar Yamaha

Ducati Team

Suzuki
Alex Rins (End of 2018)

KTM

Aprilia Gresini
Sam Lowes (End of 2018)

LCR Honda

Marc VDS Honda
Tito Rabat (End of 2017)

Monster Yamaha Tech 3

Avintia Ducati
Loris Baz (End of 2017)
Barbera will ride a GP16 and Baz a GP15.

Pramac Ducati
Scott Redding
Danilo Petrucci

Aspar Ducati
Yonny Hernandez
With Eugene Laverty returning to World Superbikes, Hernandez is set to confirmed as staying. Bautista will ride a GP16 and Hernandez a GP15.

#6 ·
Finalized :

2017 MotoGP rider line-up so far
18 October 2016

The final 2017 MotoGP rider line-up, following the announcement that Karel Abraham will return to MotoGP with the Aspar team...
Repsol Honda

Movistar Yamaha

Ducati Team

Suzuki
Alex Rins (End of 2018)

KTM

Aprilia Gresini
Sam Lowes (End of 2018)

LCR Honda

Marc VDS Honda
Tito Rabat (End of 2017)

Monster Yamaha Tech 3

Avintia Ducati
Loris Baz (End of 2017)
Barbera will ride a GP16 and Baz a GP15.

Pramac Ducati
Scott Redding
Danilo Petrucci
One rider will get a GP17 and then other a GP16.

Aspar Ducati
Karel Abraham (End of 2017)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.