Racing -
Racers All u racers and want to be racers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

'ello community, im new to the world of sportbikes and over the past year have purchased an 08 cbr600rr. I have hit up some trackdays at Mid-Ohio which have proven to be very fun and informative. As the weather gets colder (i hate Ohio) my bike is now forced to sit in the garage, but as the winter ends I am planning to get into racing but i am clueless on how/where to. I have raced motocross almost my entire life and was born into a family that did and all i had to do was sign up with AMA and/or CRA the same day as the race when i started. But i know no one that races in this world and have no idea how to, so i was wondering if you guys could help!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Lifetime Premium
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

You have a long way to go before you start racing. Start there.

Street: 2009 CBR600RR Metallic black Track: 2007 GSXR 600 black/white/blue
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Training Wheel Hero
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I race with CCS. You have to attend a recognized school and pass a written test first. CCS has a list of schools in the new rider packet ( )
Youll have to do some work on your bike as well, safety wire, bodywork, sharkfin, ect. after you have you certificate, you can apply for you license ( )
You also have to buy the transponder. with you license you'll be assigned a region. since your using a 600, your can race either the middle weight classes (600) or heavy weight(1000). being a rookie, i highly recommend the rookies cup GTU, its for first year amateurs so everyones close to the same level. races last about 7 laps on average. i entered 4-5 races a weekend. i have not raced wera, but i believe its similar. good luck and have fun.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page