Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Need help - removing exhaust valve

15K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Jacarver18 
#1 ·
Hey

I know there are posts out here for removing of the exhaust valve but I cant find any. I know how to trick the FI light but I need to know how to remove everything and tie off the valve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

#3 ·
correct, and I've heard of posts out there for "how to" but cant find it...

doesnt seem that hard but, think I should steal a friends camera and make it:)

#5 ·
cool. I thought I had to use wire to hold the valve open.

cheers

#7 ·
Some wire would probably also do the trick too:)

#9 ·
I did this mod to my exhuast valve and is was held in the closed position with the spring. What you have to do is take the whole assembly off so it is just the valve.... start the bike and rotate the valve to the open or closed position, you cand tell fairly easy by listing to the exhaust note. and mark it. If you marked it in the closed position rotate it 90 degrees. I saftey wired mine open by drilling a hole in the case and attaching it to the valve and the hole in the case. Then to delete the servo motor go here.....http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=103279&referrerid=30566

Reactions: SaratogaLED
#12 ·
No need to remove or rig the valve in any way. Remove the servo-motor and the cables. That's it. The valve does not otherwise affect performance.

Also, keep in mind that your power band doesn't engage until 7k RPMs. That means your secondary injectors do not engage until then. This is working as intended. If you want to change this consider a sprocket change (cheapest) a tune (less cheap) or a full exhaust system + tune (not cheap).

#13 ·
First of all, everyone was correct about the valve. Thanks @Ldn for the info about why the bike starts to run good at 7k. I had an irritating vibration that seemed to be coming from the exhaust and figured it was the valve, like it was loose and rattling in there. I cut the valve out yesterday and welded the pipe back up and no difference. So, like everybody says, just leave this thing alone. I bought the parts to do the servo motor delete and free up some room for some tools.

#15 ·
I went a bit further. I removed all the cables and the motor, and installed a Servo Buddy.

But then I took the header off, and then cut off all the outside bracket and stuff, then ground off the remainder.

Next I cut off the bolts holding the throttle plate on, and then cut the throttle shaft and pulled it right out.

Then I welded screws in the holes left over.

I was just going to wire it open, and had marked it and everything, but it rattled very loudly and it sounded like ****. Plus the shaft and valve are still in there, and the bracket and spring/cam/other bits were still out on the pipe.

I figure if I'm doing this, Im going to maximize flow, minimize weight and clean things up both visually and to keep things as simple as possible.

#16 ·
Hey

I know there are posts out here for removing of the exhaust valve but I cant find any. I know how to trick the FI light but I need to know how to remove everything and tie off the valve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
If you want a my secret I just grabbed pliers turned to to open and now it doesn't close for some reason. Guess I jammed it open. Cool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.