Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1000RR "euro" signal lenses

5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  lysol 
#1 ·
LSUCRF250 and I just finished sticking these lenses on his 600. They came (as you can tell from the title) an 09 1000RR. There are little tangs surrounding the screw hole in the lenses you will have to cut to match the stock 600 lenses. Other than that, its a great cheap mod to clean your bike up.

See less See more
#12 ·
Same mod with pics

Yeah I did the same mod. I called my local honda dealer to see if the rear turn signal lenses off a 2010 CBR1000rr were the same as a 2010 CBR600rr. Guess what they laughed at me. I did my homework and I happened to research the Cycle parts warehouse website. From what I saw the lenses looked identical. Of course only the rears are the same as the CBR1000rr has turn signals integrated into the mirrors. So I ordered two pairs of rear lenses. Out of chance I stumbled on this thread, I was relieved to find out that someone else had tried this. I guess if it didn't work I was only out 20 bucks for the lenses, but I could have returned them anyway. I purchased the amber bulbs from my local NAPA auto parts store, 1156a/1157a bulbs. Total 6 bucks. Awesome. Mod total 26 dollars and about ten minutes of mod/install time, plus no wire splicing or cutting, and better visibility. In my attached pics I show what the lenses look like and how to mod them too. I will take more pics once I have my clear tail light on the bike.

Attachments

#13 ·
Sylvania Silverstar 1156a/1157a bulbs are a must for clear corners/signals

Just a thought, after going through the effort of ordering clear lenses, I just found the Sylvania Silverstar 1156a (single filament for rear signals) or 1157a (dual filament for fronts if you have running lights). I like it as less amber in the lens when off. I used a similar bulb when I put in Euro clear headlight/corners on my previous Audi S4... Really makes it look a lot cleaner IMO when doing clear corners/signal mods...

1156a single filament rears:

Cheers!

Attachments

#14 ·
Euro Clear CBR1K signal covers with SilverStars instead of std amber bulbs

So to help visualize, here's some pix of the clear CBR1000RR rear signal lens covers installed with the Sylvannia Silverstar 1156A bulbs. If you compare to the original posting/installed pics above, you can see the drastic difference in removing most all the amber of the bulb in the new clear/slightly smoked lenses. Actually has an almost bluish tinge to it, & looks much cleaner IMO. Still lights up bright amber when lit of course.

Don't mind the ghetto rag covering the license, no time/Photoshop skillz... :retard:

#17 ·
I had the same question in another thread, hoping someone can answer it.

My question is, the CBR1000RR signal assembly doesn't come with the bulb? Secondly, why can't you directly replace the whole 600RR signal assembly with the 1000RR. Why is there a need to do the extra step of swapping out the lens?

#22 ·
More pics of the RC51... I swear one day I will have one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.