i just want to get a few things clear:
*you did modify the motoholder subframe to fit 600rr frame correct?
*and couldnt you have just removed one of the canisters off the taylormade exhaust had you decided to use it?
just wondering...ive been thinking of doing this same mod but never got the inspiration to do so til now
thanks ARGH! :)
No the motoholders subframe for the 1000RR worked perfect with the brackets I made for the 1000RR OEM subframe, if that made sense.
The canister is welded together with that curved link pipe between them, so I decided to ditch it. I guess I could of just chopped it and made it work, but I just at the time thought it would be easier to buy a different setup.
Reason over the motoholder 1000rr subframe and sbk tail vs. OEM 1000rr subframe and OEM plastics, is for:
1. Motoholder+sbk tail is a hell of a lot lighter.
2. With the OEM setup I would have to get a trunk lock mechanism and either have a separate key or get it rekeyed for my 600rr key.
3. I always loved the tall sbk style tail.
4. Only issue I really have now is I have to extend my negative battery ground cable to reach the battery, because the motoholder subframe mounts the battery towards the back.
5. With the motoholder 1000rr subframe your suppose to run the hrc wire harness or tenkate wire harness, but seeing as that wouldn't work for me since mines a 600rr, I had to zip tie the wire harness and cram most of it in the motoholder subframe, vs the 1000rr battery tray I had cut to work with my 600rr and almost 80% of everything fell into place great, considering 80% might not seem high but it really is. The Exhaust Module off the 600rr that controlled the valve before the cat fell right into place where the 1000rr module is, and the fuse box and everything fit pretty good into it.