Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Newest Addition for my '12

7K views 79 replies 36 participants last post by  Owns24 
#1 ·
See less See more
#31 ·
I like the idea of it. My bike says 600rr on it enough, i don't know if id advertise the logo more...plus i hate chrome. But if i had to choose i like the black 600rr design better. Don't look bad on your bike though :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

#41 ·
I just ordered the following from Tripage:

Yoshimura Lowering Kit
Tail Light (No Integrated Signals)
Fender Eliminator w/ OEM Tire Hugger w/ LEDS

And right now my bike is stripped and I'm taking a few parts in to get powder coated.

I'm having an issue putting pictures up from my phone. Once I figure why that's not working ill get some up

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#42 ·
Got to love the tripage. Use the photobucket app. Works great

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#47 · (Edited)
So I just installed the first round of powder coated parts.

My Yoshi RS-5, Yoshi Bracket, and heat shield. Since the attaching hardware for the heat shield isn't done yet I didn't get to install that yet.

Here's the Yoshi:

And here she is installed:

I had the exhaust powder coated in a heat resistant ceramic powder that can survive the heat.
And the bracket in a semi-gloss black. Personally I really like the contrast.

I pick up the remainder of the parts tomorrow.

#58 ·
#65 ·
For future reference for you guys. If you lower your Yoshi RS-5 with the TripageLED kit and buy the TripageLED fender eliminator with the LED tire Hugger. The plate bracket rubs on the mid pipe and angles the plate downward to where you'll probably get pulled over for it not being visible.

So I'm going the DIY route tomorrow. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

#66 ·
As I said earlier the Tripage FE wasn't working with the Yoshi lowering kit. So I went the DIY route.

I took the Tripage FE and cut it through the left side plate mounting hole.
Installed it in the normal fashion, I did have to bend it a little, nothing crazy. And drill a new hole to mount the plate.

Then I had to secure the right side of the plate. I headed to Lowe's and bought a 1.5" diameter Galvanized Pipe Hanger

I cut it to length, spray painted it black with some high heat caliper paint.

It mounts around the mid pipe and the plate attaches to the hanger through the bottom holes on the plate. I'm going to get a piece of small plastic tubing slice it along one end and slip onto the bottom of the plate so it doesn't damage the tire hugger. I'll be epoxying that to the plate.

And here is the final product:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.