Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

TST integrated Taillight

13K views 62 replies 36 participants last post by  danopolo 
#1 ·
Just instilled the TST taillight pretty easy very happy with it

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ive looked into these for my 07, pretty easy to install?

#7 · (Edited)
I got the programmable IT version. It is very visible when you signal. I chose the relay signal to break it up even further and the brake portion is 3 quick flashes and then solid. A quick tap of the brake lever in traffic gets their attention, then I set on it again to full brake. This tail light is bright, even the smoked option is plenty bright in sunlight and especially bright in the night. I was very happy with my purchase as well. Install is a breeze. You just cut the under tail portion and it slides right in and good to go. Not sure why someone mentioned you have to cut the battery tray. I didn't have to do that at all.

#9 ·
#29 · (Edited)
You guys rock and thanks for all the love and support. Now to address a few things.

1. The tail light is EXTREMELY bright regardless of lens color. We have one of the brightest tail lights available on the market and stand by our products 24/7/365. If there is ever an issue with it, contact us and we will get you all taken care of.

2. Yes, you do have to cut your subtray slightly in order to install our tail light. The OEM tail light was not located in the tail section and we decided to change that. We were even featured in Superstreetbike Magazine for Mod of the Month in April 2012.

3. Completely plug-and-play, that is a real thing. With the exception of cutting the subtray with the template we provide, this tail light is completely plug-and-play and we offer 3 versions of the unit.

4. We manufacture a plug-and-play LED Flasher Relay that can be purchased to correct your signal flash rate after installing LEDs. It is fully adjustable as well meaning you can speed up or slow down your signals to your liking. We include resistors by default free of charge.

5. Step-by-step instructional videos, instruction sheets, and customer support found on every corner.

6. Yes, we do sell an exhaust lowering link kit to make your tail light even more visible. We recommend at least a 3/16th inch gap between the tail light and exhaust to prevent any heat damage. (Some exhausts may not require a lowering kit but we always recommend purchasing one)

7. Our signal LEDs are an amber color just like OEM signals. Red will confuse drivers/riders behind you.

Link to a review done by a forum member comparing different tail lights and showing ours as one of the brightest available. http://www.600rr.net/vb/75-600rr-ne...-vs-tripage-vs-tst-vs-cbr-heaven-vs-ebay.html

Link to our feature video on this tail light and the available options.

#60 ·
1. The tail light is EXTREMELY bright regardless of lens color. We have one of the brightest tail lights available on the market...
Tell me about it - I'm in the middle of doing an install and wanted a very bright light. When I tested it I nearly had a seizure! :wink2:

It's just what I was looking for. I've been riding without signals for 3 months now and really wanted to address this once and for all - and I did. Can't wait 'til my buddy tries to catch up to me and sees it >:)

#30 · (Edited)
I installed the TST light and license plate holder too on my '09. I went with the programmable version. Looks good.

The light itself was easy to do but the license plate took a bit more effort to find just the right spot. I ended up with one screw in the battery box and the other screw under the fuse box. I thought about mounting the plate on the rear fender but was concerned about how to run the plate light wire (I also bought the 4-LED light). To center up the plate I cut off some of the screw threads on the plate mounting screw as it was pushed up against the exhaust pipe.

The stock muffler doesn't look too bad and I even reinstalled the two covers on the very end. There are some other mods I want before spending hundreds on another muffler, such as a headlight modulator, shorty clutch/brake levers, and maybe some LED undercarriage lights.

I also bought their oval flush mount front turn signals. While the actual flash of the turn signal is very bright, the running light is just so-so, but on the other hand it's more visible from the sides as opposed to the stock lights, so it's a bit of a trade off. Oncoming drivers won't see the running lights as well as the stock lights, but I plan on getting a headlight modulator anyway after an oncoming SUV made a left turn right in front of my friend, demolishing his cruiser. Apparently just having a headlight always on is not enough these days. (Friend is ok but the bike is trashed).

I'm currently looking to make a bracket to mount the stock LED taillight on the backside of the license plate, aimed downward. It's brighter than those LED strips and might make a good running light.

Attachments

#35 ·
I just purchased a whole bunch of tst goods second hand from a forum member, can't wait to install it on my bike

#37 · (Edited)
Hope this helps...just ran outside to snap a couple pics. Not a yosh but it's CF. license plate is under the battery tray. I also purchased the lowering links and have my exhaust as far down as the links allow for max visibility of the tail light.

Sorry for crappy cell phone pics.

Attachments

#38 ·
Thanks for the pics' I just wanted to see how much of the pipe that leads to the slip on exhaust you actually see.. No offense to anyone by I don't like the look of the stock exhaust exposed. But you pic shows just the carbon exhaust being exposed.. That is the look I want also.

Thanks Again

bigjdoberman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.