Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Need your old oil

1K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  funintheclouds 
#1 ·
I need someone who rides their bike 50 to150 hours a month or more, I need your oil for sop test as a base and comparison. I have built a conversion engine and I would like to see if there is abnormal/excessive wear,
So I need your oil to compare mine to, I will provide you with the test results of your sample and pay for your oil changes for your help.
The Samplings are being testes at Blackstone Laboratories.
Thank you
J

#2 · (Edited)
I am doing an oil change this weekend as my winter maintenance comes to an end. My old oil has about 7-8k miles on it and my bike currently has about 24k miles on the clock. I put those miles on that oil in about 3.5 months and rode about 180 miles a day / 5 days a week for 2 of those months. Will that work for your purposes? Or does the oil need to be from a bike that is currently being run? (mine has been sitting for about a month and a half)

#3 ·
Thank you, It could work, do you plan on riding it for the next few months as before. as I need three samples, the first and then two more, each at 3500 miles apart. the fact that it has been sitting is ok, I just need the next two for comparison in the next few months.
I will need an address to send you a MO, or if you have PayPal.
If you log onto blackstone you can request a sampling kit, and they will send you one free, bstone@blackstone-labs.com.
here is a link to what I am doing, looks scary ,I just dropped the camera! https://youtu.be/7dZEzHCn6qU
I will wait to hear bake and we can work out the details
Thank you for replying.
J

#4 ·
Yeah, I plan on riding roughly the same as before. I'll go ahead and contact blackstone for a test kit. Would I be sending it to you afterwards, or back to the lab?
I'll PM you paypal info.

#6 ·
Got it. Yeah, that amount ($$$) works.
Blackstone said the kit should arrive in 1-2 weeks (from Thursday)
I'll let you know when I get the kit and when I send it to them with the sample.

#8 ·
I got the test kit today.
I'm going to try to get the sample in the mail by Saturday.

#9 ·
The sample is on it's way to the lab and they should have it by the end of this week. I gave them instructions to send the test results to your address.
I'll go ahead and request some extra test kits to cut down on the wait time for the next samples.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.