Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Renthal Grips Problem

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Tiltmeister 
#1 ·
Bought these from eBay recently http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=121650555040&view=all&tid=1637503034002

Tried to fit them earlier and encountered issues. Firstly I was unable to push the throttle side grip past the lip on the throttle sleeve. Not a massive issue but wondered if anyone else has had this. Secondly, the LH grip spins freely on the handlebar, even with some adhesive. Definitely look like the right part according to the advert but now I'm thinking maybe wrong parts?

Any advice appreciated!

#8 ·
Ok, so I'm a fool... When inspecting the grips visually they looked the same size, however upon fitment and swapping them onto alternate sides they went on fine, albeit there's no groove in the grip for the throttle sleeve lip. All good, thanks.

#11 ·
What I did when I installed my Renthal grips was:

- on the left side I put a little bit of "electrician tape" around the handle bar to increase the diameter and thus minimize spinning and than secured it properly by using securing wire.
- on the right side (throttle side) I used "industrial waterbased lubrication" inside the grip and it went on easily. I put the grip almost all the way into the throttle cable housing and secured it with wire.

See attached photo of my RHS handlebar and this video for information -->

Hope this helps :)

Attachments

#12 ·
It sounds like you did the same as me perhaps? The grip shouldn't spin freely and when I swapped the sides over it was a perfect fit, not over tight and is now set firmly with adhesive.

It was little wonder I ruined and blistered my hands trying to initially get the smaller size grip onto the throttle sleeve. Rookie error!

#13 · (Edited)
It sounds like you did the same as me perhaps? The grip shouldn't spin freely and when I swapped the sides over it was a perfect fit, not over tight and is now set firmly with adhesive.

It was little wonder I ruined and blistered my hands trying to initially get the smaller size grip onto the throttle sleeve. Rookie error!
It could very well be, but it didn't spin freely, only slightly when twisted, but now they are firmly secured with the wires as I didn't have the appropriate adhesive agent at the time of installation :wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.