Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

09 cbr600rr clutch cable guide

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DUBBLE_AR 
#1 ·
I have replaced the stock clutch cable with a motion pro. Having a difficult time finding any aftermarket clutch cable guides, specifically at the ignition and right side handle bar. I do not have the stock guides. Anyone have experience on this?

#3 · (Edited)
No problem. To clarify, the 09 cbr600rr (as well as other years), has 3 points of routing for the clutch cable. Starting at the clutch lever to the clutch cover. First point would be behind the gauge housing (which has been replaced with a racing front fairing stay, which my gauge is attached to, so this doesn't matter in my setup. Second, is a bracket that is fastened to the right side of the upper triple. Third, through the hole of the plastic heat shield on the upper right side of the radiator. Point 1 is not an option because of the front race fairing stay. When turning front end to the left lock position, and then back to the right the clutch cable hits and semi-catches on the gauge. I've raced the bike like this in the past, but looking to sell it after finishing some more work. I've ordered another stock bracket since my triple is stock. Motion Pro makes a cable clamp with a swiveling cable guide which affixes to the handle bar. ( Cable Clamps, 1 1/4"-1 1/2" Single Throttle/Clutch, Black )I've order this, and some extra long clip-on bars to accommodate this. However if the triple were replaced with aftermarket point 2 wouldn't be an option, so am wondering how to get around this. Does anyone here not use stock clutch cable guides in their build? Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.