Mirrors with built in signal lights - 600RR.net
07-13 RR Modifications Modifications to the '07- to 013 600RR

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mirrors with built in signal lights

As the title states, can anyone suggest a good reliable set of mirrors with built in signal lights... I know Ive seen them on ebay for almost next to nothing but then I've read horrible reviews on them also (they broke when try to adjust, image is always vibrating etc..) I just want a nice pair which I know that will be a easy enough install and will look good. I believe the CBR 1000R has them.. can I just order a set of those OEM ones and they will fit???

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bigjdoberman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:21 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
The 1000rr mirrors can be used on the 600rr. They need to be modified to match up the nose fairing and give it a clean look. Also one of the fixed studs has to be removed and a new hole drilled so it will mount to the fairing stay.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tripage For This Useful Post:
bigjdoberman (01-18-2017), dixon cider (01-19-2017), extremely_slow (01-21-2017)
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:18 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdoberman View Post
As the title states, can anyone suggest a good reliable set of mirrors with built in signal lights... I know Ive seen them on ebay for almost next to nothing but then I've read horrible reviews on them also (they broke when try to adjust, image is always vibrating etc..) I just want a nice pair which I know that will be a easy enough install and will look good. I believe the CBR 1000R has them.. can I just order a set of those OEM ones and they will fit???

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bigjdoberman
I have a set of those chinese mirrors with the turn signals built it.

They actually are not too bad. They vibrate a little bit, but no worse than stock. The lights are bright enough at night, not really during the day, but not too bad.

I've had them for 2 years and they only cost me $20, I wired them in so they are always on, but when I am taking a turn they will blink as they should.
I do wish that they could fold in, that would be nice for lane splitting or just tight parking. Also the mirror finish is starting to wear away on some of the corners.

I would like some of the 1k mirrors, but they are just too pricey for me. Plus as T said you have to modify them as they are not plug and play.

I kinda wished that the chinese branded mirrors would make a slightly more high quality mirror and charge us about $80 for them. Make it so they fold away and are brighter and more adjustable, with higher quality mirror so it doesn't fade or anything.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Mod List
-Akrapovic Slip on
-Arrow Headers
-DynoJet PCV
-DynoJet Quick Shifter
-K&N Air Filter
-Servo Delete
-PAIR Block off
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hero danny For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (01-19-2017), Unplugged_Boy (04-13-2017)

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Moto GP Racer

The 1k mirrors are great mirrors. I know they cost a lot but fit/function is second only to OEM honda mirrors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-19_13-17-31_827.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	187730  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero danny View Post

They actually are not too bad. They vibrate a little bit, but no worse than stock. The lights are bright enough at night, not really during the day, but not too bad.

I've had them for 2 years and they only cost me $20, I wired them in so they are always on, but when I am taking a turn they will blink as they should.
I do wish that they could fold in, that would be nice for lane splitting or just tight parking. Also the mirror finish is starting to wear away on some of the corners.

I would like some of the 1k mirrors, but they are just too pricey for me. Plus as T said you have to modify them as they are not plug and play.

I kinda wished that the chinese branded mirrors would make a slightly more high quality mirror and charge us about $80 for them. Make it so they fold away and are brighter and more adjustable, with higher quality mirror so it doesn't fade or anything.

Thanks that is same situation I am in... I'm not too keen either for modifying the mirrors to fit when I get them... Like a perfect fit and a plug and play on the wiring. Did your ebay specials have the right connection or did you have to splice?

Anyone else who has experience with ones they bought I would love to hear it.

Thanks

Bigjdoberman
The Following User Says Thank You to bigjdoberman For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (01-19-2017)
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 12:49 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
I am rocking the eBay specials at the moment...
Tripage has the 1k mirrors that will fit on the 600rr.
LED MIrrors 03-12 600rr 04-07 1000rr
Looks really nice and definitely have that OEM look but I am broke so :( gotta settle for the ones I got now lol

Are we there yet?!
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobstar View Post
I am rocking the eBay specials at the moment...
Tripage has the 1k mirrors that will fit on the 600rr.
LED MIrrors 03-12 600rr 04-07 1000rr
Looks really nice and definitely have that OEM look but I am broke so :( gotta settle for the ones I got now lol
Have you had any issues with your ebay specials? I like the ones Tripage has but a little past my price point on what Im looking for.. willing to spend up to $150 on a decent set.

Thanks

Bigjdoberman
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 01:24 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdoberman View Post
Did your ebay specials have the right connection or did you have to splice?
They do not come with the OEM connector, unfortunately. However, it is easily remedied without splicing into the OEM wiring harness.

And here's how:

First get a set of OEM connectors, you can cut the ones off your old turn signals if you want, or you can order some from T at tripage: OEM 2 Pin plug "Signal SIDE" Honda

I know you can probably find cheaper connectors on ebay, and I did that at first, but they broke after 1 day, do yourself a favor and just buy the Tripage ones, they're a little pricier but they've been working for years without a single issue.

Now you can solder the connectors if you want, I don't know how to solder and my only soldering iron is a piece of crap, so I went the posi lock route : https://www.amazon.com/Posi-Lock-Con...ords=posi+lock

Posi locks are great! Takes 10 seconds to connect and anyone can do it.

One you put the connector on it's plug and play! easy as pie, takes no longer than 5 minutes for both.

If you want you can do the Y Pin connector (which is what I did) so you can use some flush mounts for additional visibility. Again, they're more expensive form Tripage, but just spend the little extra, it's not that much and you're getting a quality product. Do it right, do it once. 2 Pin "Y" Plug Honda

Also if you want to wire them in so they are running all the time then buy this one instead of the other connector: OEM 3 Pin plug with 3-2 conversion

Mod List
-Akrapovic Slip on
-Arrow Headers
-DynoJet PCV
-DynoJet Quick Shifter
-K&N Air Filter
-Servo Delete
-PAIR Block off
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hero danny For This Useful Post:
bigjdoberman (01-20-2017), dixon cider (01-19-2017), tripage (01-20-2017)
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 07:40 AM
Moto GP Racer

Some people get lucky and find a set of 1k mirrors for around $100. Keep a look out. It will probably be a little more than $150 when all said and done but these mirrors are expensive. You get what you pay for and the mirrors in most cases can't be bought for under $200 then they need to be modified and base plates/OEM wiring to make them work.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
They do not come with the OEM connector, unfortunately. However, it is easily remedied without splicing into the OEM wiring harness.

And here's how:

First get a set of OEM connectors, you can cut the ones off your old turn signals if you want, or you can order some from T at tripage: OEM 2 Pin plug "Signal SIDE" Honda

I know you can probably find cheaper connectors on ebay, and I did that at first, but they broke after 1 day, do yourself a favor and just buy the Tripage ones, they're a little pricier but they've been working for years without a single issue.

Now you can solder the connectors if you want, I don't know how to solder and my only soldering iron is a piece of crap, so I went the posi lock route : https://www.amazon.com/Posi-Lock-Con...ords=posi+lock

Posi locks are great! Takes 10 seconds to connect and anyone can do it.

One you put the connector on it's plug and play! easy as pie, takes no longer than 5 minutes for both.

If you want you can do the Y Pin connector (which is what I did) so you can use some flush mounts for additional visibility. Again, they're more expensive form Tripage, but just spend the little extra, it's not that much and you're getting a quality product. Do it right, do it once. 2 Pin "Y" Plug Honda

Also if you want to wire them in so they are running all the time then buy this one instead of the other connector: OEM 3 Pin plug with 3-2 conversion

Thanks for taking your time to write this up.. helps out a lot.

Bigjdoberman
The Following User Says Thank You to bigjdoberman For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (01-21-2017)
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 10:03 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
Some people get lucky and find a set of 1k mirrors for around $100. Keep a look out. It will probably be a little more than $150 when all said and done but these mirrors are expensive. You get what you pay for and the mirrors in most cases can't be bought for under $200 then they need to be modified and base plates/OEM wiring to make them work.
Yep. I'm going to do more research into fitting the OEM ones onto my bike, but there's a high chance I'm just going to order them from you T.

Mod List
-Akrapovic Slip on
-Arrow Headers
-DynoJet PCV
-DynoJet Quick Shifter
-K&N Air Filter
-Servo Delete
-PAIR Block off
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 02:17 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
yup my mirrors didn't come with connectors either. I used oem connetors along with some generic 2 pin connectors and made myself a Y-cable as I am also running hotbodies flush mounts.

20 Pairs JST SM 2-Pins 2P Female & Male Plug Connector Wire Cables For LED Strip | eBay

I also second using the posi-lock if soldering is not an option. I went the soldering route as I didn't want to cut into my oem wires.

Are we there yet?!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noobstar For This Useful Post:
bigjdoberman (01-22-2017), dixon cider (01-21-2017)
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 10:49 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The Following User Says Thank You to venomenon83 For This Useful Post:
bigjdoberman (01-22-2017)
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I'll be honeste I love the way the 1kRR mirrors look on a 600RR. To me the perfect setup is to have those on and then put some nice flushmounts on since with the brightness of the 1K mirrors you would not have to worry about the flushmounts hurting front visibility... and I think Tripage has some trick white/yellow alternating LEDs in the mirrors too.. I'll have to ask Santa about it next year...

2007 CBR600RR Pearl White/Silver

Past CBRs
2006 CBR600F4i Candy Tahitian Blue/Black
2000 CBR600F4 Silver/Red
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 09:41 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DaFobra_ View Post
I'll be honeste I love the way the 1kRR mirrors look on a 600RR. To me the perfect setup is to have those on and then put some nice flushmounts on since with the brightness of the 1K mirrors you would not have to worry about the flushmounts hurting front visibility... and I think Tripage has some trick white/yellow alternating LEDs in the mirrors too.. I'll have to ask Santa about it next year...
I guess Christmas will have to come early this year. There is supposed to be a sale this February from Tripage.

I know that's when i'll pick up a set of their sweet mirrors!

Mod List
-Akrapovic Slip on
-Arrow Headers
-DynoJet PCV
-DynoJet Quick Shifter
-K&N Air Filter
-Servo Delete
-PAIR Block off
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
I guess Christmas will have to come early this year. There is supposed to be a sale this February from Tripage.

I know that's when i'll pick up a set of their sweet mirrors!
I guess I'll be watching too!

2007 CBR600RR Pearl White/Silver

Past CBRs
2006 CBR600F4i Candy Tahitian Blue/Black
2000 CBR600F4 Silver/Red
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Bigjdoberman... I know it's late on posting but if u got the funds either buy from tripage or shop around and find u some 1k mirrors. I think they are awesome I finally got around to finishing mine. I bought O.e.m. Honda mirrors I found on eBay for a deal and sent them to tripage (aka the freakin man lol) & he had the bases made to fit the bike mirror mounts to our bikes & I also bought some white led's for the mirrors to match my halo signals as well (running lights) from him. Got those soldered in and it looks good. Here's a pic of the side as she roosts in the back of the garage...lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0236.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	188170  

Can I Get a yeah c'mon.....

Last edited by FIREBALL; 02-03-2017 at 09:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FIREBALL For This Useful Post:
bigjdoberman (02-03-2017)
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 12:07 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
that really does look good

Are we there yet?!
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:

I had the exact same mirrors on my '03 too and didn't have any issues. Ended up removing them and putting blanking plates, and now have "chinese" CRG Lanesplit bar-end mirrors. So much better.

Ride carefully - You are invisible.
FB | YT

Current: 2012 Street Triple R
Sold: 2001 NSR150SP | 2012 CBR250R
RIP: 2003 CBR600RR

Mods:
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 10:53 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post

I have an extra set of 1000rr mirrors if you need them. I can do $100 plus a few bucks shipping

So much stuffs I wanted to buy, so little money...Damn it! :D
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 04:18 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk101 View Post
I have an extra set of 1000rr mirrors if you need them. I can do $100 plus a few bucks shipping

Still have the mirrors?
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 04:26 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yeah. Just PM me if you want them

So much stuffs I wanted to buy, so little money...Damn it! :D
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 10:46 PM
Training Wheel Hero

http://moto-science.com/products/hon...-1?pagesize=12

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

https://www.facebook.com/motogrunt600rr/

Last edited by MotoGrunt; 03-28-2017 at 10:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoGrunt For This Useful Post:
Unplugged_Boy (04-13-2017)
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 06:53 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoGrunt View Post
by any chance did you purchase and try any of them out motogrunt?
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 08:55 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Yes I did. Very Happy with it.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last edited by MotoGrunt; 04-24-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Unplugged_Boy (04-26-2017)
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 08:58 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Yes I did.

post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:47 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoGrunt View Post
Yes I did. Very Happy with it.
if you don't mind.. could you share some pix of your mirrors? curious which ones u chose and how they look!
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 03:57 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Hope this helps Ill try to get more.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JPEG image-77FF28E84EC7-1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	191017  

Unplugged_Boy (05-01-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page